Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2013 1:20:29 PM EDT
I like the concept of a chest rig but I don't find them comfortable.  I've been around long enough to unfortunately like the old TA50 LBE.  But I want the modularity of a PALS chest panel.  So does anyone make a chest rig that sits low across the high waist or stomach?  Can you let out a shoulder harness to make a "regular" chest rig (ie HSGI AO, TT MM, etc) fit lower?
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#1]
You can drop down the TT Split MAV almost down to your hips for Belt Order if you want.

Back in my day, the LC1/2 LBE was intended to have the belt between the top and bottom BDU pockets but some Joes let them hang much lower, down on their hips to keep the ALICE ruck waistbelt off their canteens or buttpack.

Mayflower H Harness is fixed height.   The ATS chest rig and H Harness will let out about 8-10"
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 1:29:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Tactical Tailor 2 piece MAV with X harness.  I went from ALICE directly to this rig years ago.  It seems like it fits the exact specifications you are describing.

Link Posted: 5/31/2013 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I think this may be my choice to.

I've tried the US issue molle vest, but just can't like it.

I'm stuck in the 80's and web gear I guess.

At least with this I can see if I would like the chest rig and if not,
drop it down to my waist.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Tactical Tailor 2 piece MAV with X harness.  I went from ALICE directly to this rig years ago.  It seems like it fits the exact specifications you are describing.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7286/8906172068_b4f143241e_b.jpg

That looks like a pretty slick setup. Are you trying to run it more like a war belt and less like a chest rig? Specs por favor.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 2:00:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That looks like a pretty slick setup. Are you trying to run it more like a war belt and less like a chest rig? Specs por favor.

Yes, exactly.  Specs??? let's see, it evolves from time to time.  

TT MAV 2 piece
TT X Harness modified with low profile drag handle.
Custom back panel, allows use of molle around entire circumference of rig.
Pouches up front: 3 Eagle (2 mag) flap pouches, 1 Fast Mag pouch with 2 pistol flap mag pouches (I run two fast mag pouches if not running a secondary)
ATS large tear away med pouch
Radio pouch (Eagle pictured, but I'm now running a mag pouch with a small ham radio)
custom rear pouch, call it a super simple butt pack that can fold flat when empty
on the right side (not pictured) I have a custom designed multi-purpose pouch with all my little tools that I can access while wearing the rig.
oh, and two custom Nalgene pouches for water, cup, and tabs

I know the description probably creates more questions than answers, I'll take some new pics and one day do a full review.  There's alot of gear in the rig.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yep. Off to SKD.

Link Posted: 5/31/2013 3:16:03 PM EDT
[#9]
most chest rigs I've seen have a shit ton of slack in the straps.
Right now I'm rockin' a TT 1 piece MAV and X-harness
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 8:59:15 PM EDT
[#10]
TA50 LBE
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 6:17:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
TA50 LBE

the absolute worst
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 6:57:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
TA50 LBE

the absolute worst

HELL NO!! I loved that kit - but I wore it high up, so it was basically a chest rig. Then I got an ISAAC kit and I miss that thing so much. I have pretty much made my Bush Boar as close to that as possible.

SOS

Same here! I still have mine - I wore it high too, between the BDU blouse pockets. I prefered it with an H-harness, or the HSGI lowprofile suspenders. I use the 2-piece MAV now most times, but I break out the TA50 from time to time. Shit just works.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
TA50 LBE

the absolute worst

HELL NO!! I loved that kit - but I wore it high up, so it was basically a chest rig. Then I got an ISAAC kit and I miss that thing so much. I have pretty much made my Bush Boar as close to that as possible.

SOS

Same here! I still have mine - I wore it high too, between the BDU blouse pockets. I prefered it with an H-harness, or the HSGI lowprofile suspenders. I use the 2-piece MAV now most times, but I break out the TA50 from time to time. Shit just works.

In the early 90s it was en vogue to wear them as low as you could. Even the runts used the belt spacer and slung the buttpack from 6" of 550 from the Y or H-harness. It was the Army version of sagging since it offered no value than to piss off NCOs.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 7:27:11 PM EDT
[#15]
There's always the Safariland SPEAR vest.

Link Posted: 6/4/2013 5:52:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I concur.  I also recommend a certain back panel to upgrade the TT MAV.
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There's always the Safariland SPEAR vest.

http://i46.tinypic.com/m83gad.jpg

I turned my issue duck hunter vest into that. Tag.  Ill post pics
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top