Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2016 1:21:24 AM EDT
With all the road blocks it seems like a pepper gas grenade would get you to work on time.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 1:22:57 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll still be late. Someone will have to post your bail.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 1:27:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Keepshooting.com used to have an aerosol-type OC "grenade", but I think they're out of stock now.

If getting boxed in by protesters on the road is a concern for you, I'd suggest a large canister of OC or bear spray, along with some decon wipes for yourself. Spray the shit out of the mob and get out of there.

But if you've never had formal exposure/training to OC, you may want to expose yourself first to know what you're dealing with. You will get contaminated, and you don't want to freak out when that happens.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 1:44:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I doubt that any place will sell you an OC grenade, even an aerosol one, unless you are LEO or MIL.

I bet you could get a MK-9 pepper spray though.

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 2:20:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Gun broker,

OC grenades.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 2:49:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I doubt that any place will sell you an OC grenade, even an aerosol one, unless you are LEO or MIL.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/411HeAR2o4L._SY450_.jpg

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/203/420/UCDavis_pepperspray.jpg?1321852699
View Quote

Picture puts me at half mast every time
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 3:14:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/411HeAR2o4L._SY450_.jpg

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/203/420/UCDavis_pepperspray.jpg?1321852699
View Quote

Just watering my hippies
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 8:11:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I got mine from Amazon, Fox Five Point Three.  2 oz cans that have the push down and lock nozzles like bug bombs.  More of a fogger than a grenade.

ETA:  I don't see any on Amazon now, only the hand held spray.  They must have reconsidered public sales with all the recent news.  I remember when I bought mine a couple months ago I got the last four in stock from one place.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 8:42:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I got mine from Amazon, Fox Five Point Three.  2 oz cans that have the push down and lock nozzles like bug bombs.  More of a fogger than a grenade.

ETA:  I don't see any on Amazon now, only the hand held spray.  They must have reconsidered public sales with all the recent news.  I remember when I bought mine a couple months ago I got the last four in stock from one place.
View Quote

I came here to say this.  They're pretty available.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Not pepper gas grenades, but backcountry.com has Kimber blaster 2's on sale for $33- and free shipping
I am not affiliated  with them in any way.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 1:54:05 PM EDT
[#10]
You will pay a shit ton for these but they are the legit grenades.

OC
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 2:11:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

OC
View Quote
Neat

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 11:25:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Keepshooting.com used to have an aerosol-type OC "grenade", but I think they're out of stock now.

If getting boxed in by protesters on the road is a concern for you, I'd suggest a large canister of OC or bear spray, along with some decon wipes for yourself. Spray the shit out of the mob and get out of there.

But if you've never had formal exposure/training to OC, you may want to expose yourself first to know what you're dealing with. You will get contaminated, and you don't want to freak out when that happens.
View Quote

Lolololololololol. That's a good way to have the mob bum rush and kill your ass. OC doesn't completely incapacitate. You CAN fight though it, and if you are angry/pissed off enough you will.

Don't believe me ask any LEO, corrections officer, or anyone who has to get hit with the shit because they carry it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 12:00:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

OC
View Quote

Triggered.

Fuck I hate those.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:33:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Lolololololololol. That's a good way to have the mob bum rush and kill your ass. OC doesn't completely incapacitate. You CAN fight though it, and if you are angry/pissed off enough you will.

Don't believe me ask any LEO, corrections officer, or anyone who has to get hit with the shit because they carry it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe you, because as a former .mil LEO and state corrections officer, I know. Nowhere did I say it completely incapacitates. OP is looking for a deterrent or distraction, I assume, if cornered in a vehicle during his travels by a mob, short of having to use a car as a deadly force weapon to defend oneself. Large discharge OC canisters provides one. Yes you can fight through it if you're determined enough.

I'm glad though that you have a crystal ball that will tell you what a mob will and will not do if faced with exposure of a chemical agent. Unfortunately, I have no such device on hand, only my personal experiences and observations to draw upon.

ETA: Here is a cheaper and non-pyrotechnic method for what you seek OP. Sabre Red Pepper Spray Lock-on grenades
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on my experience, I would say that OC / CS works better on rioting crowds than combative individuals. Mob mentality works both ways - as aggression becomes amplified, so does panic & fear. Additionally, I have seen rioters dispersed with smoke only.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 12:27:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 1:32:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Regular-sized CS/CN smoke grenades sell for $150-$250 a piece.  

CS/CN 37mm smoke rounds sell for $40-60 a piece.

The prices on gunbroker have gone stupid crazy in the last couple months.  Dum, dum, dum.  The sellers who still have grenades for sale have launched their prices into space.

There are lots of differences when it comes to old 37mm rounds and what launchers will fire them.

Having said that, I've sold off my collection of military/civilian CS/OC/CN 37mm and hand-held grenades for over $9,000 in the last couple months.

If anyone has any questions, please ask.  

If anyone wants to educate themselves about CS/CN gas grenades/rounds, buy this book written in 1966.  It's great and still very relevant as tear gas and how it is dispensed has not evolved a whole since it was written.  In fact, the 1960's were the haydays.

Tear Gas Munitions: An Analysis of Commercial Riot Gas Guns, Tear Gas Projectiles, Grenades, Small Arms Ammunition, and Related Tear Gas Devices Hardcover – Import, January 1, 1966

by Thomas F. Swearengen https://www.amazon.com/Tear-Gas-Munitions-Commercial-Projectiles/dp/B0000EGNCL
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 1:51:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
snip...

If anyone wants to educate themselves about CS/CN gas grenades/rounds, buy this book written in 1966.  It's great and still very relevant as tear gas and how it is dispensed has not evolved a whole since it was written.  In fact, the 1960's were the haydays.

Tear Gas Munitions: An Analysis of Commercial Riot Gas Guns, Tear Gas Projectiles, Grenades, Small Arms Ammunition, and Related Tear Gas Devices Hardcover – Import, January 1, 1966

by Thomas F. Swearengen https://www.amazon.com/Tear-Gas-Munitions-Commercial-Projectiles/dp/B0000EGNCL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
snip...

LOL
2 Used from $464.94
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 1:57:16 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

snip...

LOL
2 Used from $464.94
Yeah, however, there is not and I'll bet never will be another book which covers the subject as well as US Marine Corps CWO Swearengen did in his book written in 1966.  It's a very technical book written for professionals.  I paid $100 for my copy.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 2:15:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah, however, there is not and I'll bet never will be another book which covers the subject as well as US Marine Corps CWO Swearengen did in his book written in 1966.  It's a very technical book written for professionals.  I paid $100 for my copy.  
View Quote

I don't doubt that at all. Still $400 would be a bunch of money to throw at the book for anyone not in the profession of explody things.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 2:22:34 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I don't doubt that at all. Still $400 would be a bunch of money to throw at the book for anyone not in the profession of explody things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course.  It is a topic of interest for me so a bought a copy.  I think there is a seller of gunbroker who sells the book on a disk for much, much cheaper.  I'd rather have a hard copy which I can index and read in bed.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 2:46:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed but a good tool in the toolbox.

My wife likes looking at the pics of my oc qual
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 12:33:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Regular-sized CS/CN smoke grenades sell for $150-$250 a piece.  

CS/CN 37mm smoke rounds sell for $40-60 a piece.

The prices on gunbroker have gone stupid crazy in the last couple months.  Dum, dum, dum.  The sellers who still have grenades for sale have launched their prices into space.

There are lots of differences when it comes to old 37mm rounds and what launchers will fire them.

Having said that, I've sold off my collection of military/civilian CS/OC/CN 37mm and hand-held grenades for over $9,000 in the last couple months.

If anyone has any questions, please ask.  

View Quote

Isnt that the name of a guy on the show deadwood?
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#25]
I go to Botach, as they have enough turnover to get far out expiration dates.

I have had aerosol dispensers (why call them grenades?) for about five years. I added more after the Motorcycle riot where the NYPD officer beat down some poor guy. The bad guys deserved to be shot in that situation, but some OC might have dissuaded the thugs.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#26]

I'm seeing a 25 unit minimum
Quoted:
I go to Botach, as they have enough turnover to get far out expiration dates.

I have had aerosol dispensers (why call them grenades?) for about five years. I added more after the Motorcycle riot where the NYPD officer beat down some poor guy. The bad guys deserved to be shot in that situation, but some OC might have dissuaded the thugs.

Specific link?
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#27]
FOX 2oz Lock-on Top

FOX 4oz Lock-on top

SABRE Defense "Aerosol Grenade"

One of the reviews from the Sabre Defense one
Pretty much a human bug bomb
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 10:01:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Aerosols really are just bug-bomb tech. They are intended for indoor use. They don't put out anywhere near the volume of pyro. Pretty much a waste trying to use them outdoors.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 10:23:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Is it assumed that the thrower is wearing a mask?

Seems impossible to use one without, as it would be difficult to press the cap/top and then throw it without breathing in some, or even a little blowing back into your eyes/etc.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 10:53:03 PM EDT
[#30]
All pepper spray delivery methods are likely to contaminate the user. These bug bomb type aerosol even more then the hand help sprays.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 11:24:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
All pepper spray delivery methods are likely to contaminate the user. These bug bomb type aerosol even more then the hand help sprays.
View Quote

This. There is no delay on them. That said, it's not a terrible amount of contamination. Not like walking in a gassed room or even getting sprayed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top