Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2009 6:09:19 PM EDT
I hated the synthetic stock that came with the Crickett I got my kids, so I decided to make them one.

Rough outline (you can barely see) on the laminated pieces

I carved the action and barrel channel out by hand with chisels and a Barrel Bedder Jr

It took me some time, but it came out way better by hand than with the router. I'll clean up the lines before I finish it.

This is after some initial shaping with my table top belt sander.

After more shaping and adjusting the action/barrel into the stock

Being my first time doing this, I messed up the placement in the inlet, so had to fix the placement of it in the stock. You can see in the second picture one of my screw ups. I was able to fill it with a dowel I made from some scrap wood.

I ordered a trigger guard from Crickett and modified it to fit the stock. This was after some final fitting and shaping.

And here's the finished stock. I need to put a clear coat on it, but I've gotta wait for it to warm up some so the finish doesn't cloud up on me

It's not perfect, but it was also my first attempt at a stock. I may try another one at some point. I need to do some finishing touches to it, but for the most part it's done.

Link Posted: 1/30/2009 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
That is very nice.
Its really great  that you put all that time in it for your kids.
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That is very nice.
Its really great  that you put all that time in it for your kids.

Thanks, my daughter seems pretty excited now that it's done. She wants to shot it now really bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top