Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2011 5:05:27 PM EDT
Anyone SBR a Ruger Charger? I've been wanting a 10/22 SBR for a while and I'm thinking this would be the easiest route. They go on sale around here for about $250. I've got a Butler creek folder I'm not using which would be perfect once I hot the NFA paperwork approved.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Ruger SBR with a 12.25" Tactical Solutions fluted and threaded barrel.  It is mounted in a Hogue Overmould stock.  It is a very nice light weight rifle.  By buying a Charger you have a short barrel to start with, which may save some money to get up and running.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
By buying a Charger you have a short barrel to start with, which may save some money to get up and running.

but Chargers usually sell for more than most 10/22s... and plenty of people will usually be upgrading the barrel and the stock... so ther's nothing wrong with starting with a rifle, or just a receiver and going from there.

take off Charger barrels are not very expensive and new Charger barrels are also usually reasonably priced.
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Yea, I did one from a Charger.  The standard barrel from it works great in an SBR setup, particularly if you don't have a can to stick on it.  

If I had to do over again though, I'd probably start with a rifle, since they're less expensive.

Link Posted: 7/14/2011 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yea, I did one from a Charger.  The standard barrel from works great in an SBR setup, particularly if you don't have a can to stick on it.  

If I had to do over again though, I'd probably start with a rifle, since they're less expensive.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/parshooter/IMG_59401-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/parshooter/Norrell.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/parshooter/light-laser-1.jpg

Why would you mess with SBR's when you have machine guns?
Link Posted: 7/14/2011 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would you mess with SBR's when you have machine guns?

It's not a legal requirement - machine guns can have any length barrel.  I started the SBR paperwork about 4 months before finding the trigger pack.  It's convenient to have the registered SBR's though, when moving the trigger pack to other configurations (in order to stay legal on the semi-auto SBR's).  Plus I've got several 10/22's, in a variety of setups.  Need to start another build now, as a matter a'fact.    These get changed around pretty often.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top