Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2016 2:30:03 AM EDT
looking to bring back a sporterized A3.  Wondering where the best source for A3 c stocks is these days.  I realized the CMP isn't showing any and ran out of ideas.

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 2:56:34 AM EDT
[#1]
CMP has them in he e store under new commercial parts. They will require a bit of fitting though from what I have read.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:30:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

CMP has them in he e store under new commercial parts. They will require a bit of fitting though from what I have read.
View Quote

I thought they used to list the A3 stock too.  Beyond the grove any issue using an -03 stock on an A3?
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 4:59:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine were all drop in.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 6:38:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had good luck on the CMP forums picking up parts.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 7:09:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I got one of the cracked ones from Numrich last year. Cracks are mostly at tip (under band). As was mine. Really just a ding, not crack... It was new old stock... pun intended?
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 7:58:52 AM EDT
[#6]
In my experience the C type stock will be the easiest (on your shoulder) to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Brownell's has Minelli stocks, but it looks like they are out of stock at the moment. I have one on my Rock Ridge A4 clone as well as another I purchased for my 1903A1 build and they are nice stocks.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 12:44:55 PM EDT
[#8]
If you want actual NOS GI stocks, Northridge has them. They've definitely gone up in price since I got mine, but if that's what you're looking for:

http://www.northridgeinc.com/store/index.cfm/c156/i416

Here's mine after rubbing in some raw linseed oil:

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If you want actual NOS GI stocks, Northridge has them. They've definitely gone up in price since I got mine, but if that's what you're looking for:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/AEnemaBay/USGI/M1903A3/IMG_6621Large_zps926277ad.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/AEnemaBay/USGI/M1903A3/IMG_6622Large_zpsc571d5ce.jpg
View Quote

That's real nice, but no joke about the price!  At that if almost be tempted to rebarrel it and build a bushmaster.  The stock it has is almost right for that
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 3:48:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Mine were all drop in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine were all drop in.

Any trouble putting an A3 in a -03 stock?  I had the A3 stock from them years ago and it was great
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 4:06:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's real nice, but no joke about the price!  At that if almost be tempted to rebarrel it and build a bushmaster.  The stock it has is almost right for that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/AEnemaBay/USGI/M1903A3/IMG_6621Large_zps926277ad.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/AEnemaBay/USGI/M1903A3/IMG_6622Large_zpsc571d5ce.jpg

Yeah, when I bought it two years or so ago it was only $200 for the stock and upper handguard. Now it's not so enticing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Any trouble putting an A3 in a -03 stock?  I had the A3 stock from them years ago and it was great
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine were all drop in.

The stocks are routed for the 03 and the 03A3.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine were all drop in.

Perfect, thanks
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Note that C-stocks are nice, but historically incorrect for an 03-A3.

Some 03-A3s were fitted with scant stocks post war, but all came from factory with the S (straight) stock.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:52:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Some 03-A3s were fitted with scant stocks post war, but all came from factory with the S (straight) stock.
View Quote

It's not for accuracy historically, it's a shooter.  

Any reason why they didn't get the C-stock?
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:45:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They got what was available during the refurb process. The CMP had M1903A3s with C-stocks from the big Greek sale back in the early 2000s.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 9:34:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They got what was available during the refurb process. The CMP had M1903A3s with C-stocks from the big Greek sale back in the early 2000s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those, IIRC, were put on there by the Greeks - the US didn't put C-stocks on A3s to my knowledge. The main reason the A3s didn't get C-stocks is that there weren't very many of them available, and all of them were reserved for use on 03-A4s.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The main reason the A3s didn't get C-stocks is that there weren't very many of them available, and all of them were reserved for use on 03-A4s.
View Quote

In addition to the 03A4s, C Stocks were also used on the National Match M1903A1s produced from 1929-1940.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top