BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 9:02:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
That is what I'm suggesting, but I've never used Form 6 so I'm not sure.

Form 2 is only for SOTs so a government museum would not use that.
Form 1 would be for anything they make themselves, tax-exempt. (LE agencies use Form 1 as well.)

Reading the Form 6 instructions, it states:
3. If a licensee is applying to import an article for subsequent transfer to a known final recipient (e.g., an individual, commercial entity, or government agency), the licensee must complete items 1 through 16, and identify the final recipient by name and address in item 10
So when you imported the suppressors, did you list another transferee (the 07/02 SOT) in item 10?
Did you additionally Form 3 transfer the suppressors from your 08/01 to them, or just do the Form 6?

It does look to me like the default use of Form 6 is to import and register to the submitter (if there's no other party involved).

Yeah I've got no experience with direct importation, unfortunately.
I'm interested in learning the right answer though.
View Quote

I did not list them in box 10, I only put “For use in manufacturing/for use as manufacturing research and development sample”.

That said I did attach a letter signed from the 07/02, as to why he was requesting those models and their projected use.

When it was released from customs I was obligated to submit a form 6A and a form 2 within 15 days.

Then I had to form 3 it to the 07/02.

So registration atleast going to a dealer was not automatic based on the form 6.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 9:48:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Projectinfinity:
I did not list them in box 10, I only put "For use in manufacturing/for use as manufacturing research and development sample".

That said I did attach a letter signed from the 07/02, as to why he was requesting those models and their projected use.

When it was released from customs I was obligated to submit a form 6A and a form 2 within 15 days.

Then I had to form 3 it to the 07/02.

So registration at least going to a dealer was not automatic based on the form 6.
View Quote
Ok thanks.

I am still reading all this as "non-licensees do not submit Form 2" and that's after looking over the instructions on five ATF forms.

Form 1 says "application to make and register" not "make or register" and its instructions support that, so I do not believe non-licensees are supposed to submit F1 after importation.

Form 10 is clearly for registration of "otherwise unregisterable firearms by certain governmental entities" and by that they mean contraband. These imports you describe are "registerable" they just happen to be post-1968 imports for government use.

Looks to me like Forms 6 and 6A are all a government entity would need, but you could ask ATF.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 6:14:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 7:17:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 8:25:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#5]
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 10:05:38 PM EDT
[#6]
What if an SOT wants to transfer to another individual?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top