Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2015 1:19:13 PM EDT
TNVC has the new GoPro mount coming out in January for a little over $400. I just saw where Night Combat Solutions has something similar for the same price. Has anyone touched one of these units yet? Weight for either unit? Pros/Cons for each?

" />

Link Posted: 12/21/2015 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I was curious which came first and the price is within $2....that seemed odd too
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 2:13:22 PM EDT
[#3]
TNVCs looks much more solid.

I hate to ask this again and derail this thread,

But would a gopro 3+ be good enough for this application? Im on the fence with ordering one
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 2:19:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I like that the TNVC unit uses the wilcox MHRS prism and amber filter which can be replaced or multiples purchased without buying the full system. I also like that the gopro fits within its standard clamshell case and that the gopro adapter can stay attached to the device while the gopro is used on it's own.

The other one you're showing seems like it is all attached via the eyecup threads and is either fully attached or fully detached. The gopro is not in it's usual enclosure so you can't quick-swap from a day-use gopro on an NVG bracket mount, to NVG's plus gopro.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 2:28:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The 3+ will work since it has the wide FOV setting which is needed for our system.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
TNVCs looks much more solid.

I hate to ask this again and derail this thread,

But would a gopro 3+ be good enough for this application? Im on the fence with ordering one

The 3+ will work since it has the wide FOV setting which is needed for our system.

Thanks!

Let me kick the idea around some more.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I am now in on one of them too.

I need to hide my credit card from myself
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#10]
To be fair, I was about to buy a Wilcox beam splitter and make my own out of hot glue and Popsicle sticks, but I don't think I could have charged $400 for it.  

Torry Pines also had a gizmo for beam splitting a gopo on your daytime rifle scope, but it was this big honking thing that wouldn't ever fit around a PVS-14.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 5:05:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
We looked at that early on (I think it's patented also) to be very careful NOT to  be copying anything and no one was doing anything for a PVS-14 and Go-Pro last year. (I think you were at Shot and saw that too?)  The closest was Wilcox with their MHRS integrated battle driven system that has been around for several years.  We even went to Wilcox to show them this product and ask for permission to use their proprietary prism rather than COPY their prism or more terrible, do an end-around making one that is just a bit different and call it this or that.

We will not be doing anything for NV rifle scopes as we will NOT copy, nor violate any patents. it seems there is enough NV helmet mounts that are copied that seem to violate Patents at the present time.    We'd rather innovate than violate.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

To be fair, I was about to buy a Wilcox beam splitter and make my own out of hot glue and Popsicle sticks, but I don't think I could have charged $400 for it.  

Torry Pines also had a gizmo for beam splitting a gopo on your daytime rifle scope, but it was this big honking thing that wouldn't ever fit around a PVS-14.

We looked at that early on (I think it's patented also) to be very careful NOT to  be copying anything and no one was doing anything for a PVS-14 and Go-Pro last year. (I think you were at Shot and saw that too?)  The closest was Wilcox with their MHRS integrated battle driven system that has been around for several years.  We even went to Wilcox to show them this product and ask for permission to use their proprietary prism rather than COPY their prism or more terrible, do an end-around making one that is just a bit different and call it this or that.

We will not be doing anything for NV rifle scopes as we will NOT copy, nor violate any patents. it seems there is enough NV helmet mounts that are copied that seem to violate Patents at the present time.    We'd rather innovate than violate.  

Sig-line material right there I hope to try one of these mounts out someday. How will it work on my BNVD-SGs? Will it cause one eyepiece to be too close to my eye? (the eyepiece with the camera attached) Or would it be better to use this on my loaner PVS-14 setup? What about the in-line gopro/pvs mount that y'all announced around the same time you announced this prism model? I haven't seen/heard anymore about that one.

Link Posted: 12/21/2015 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are not going to do anything for NV scopes doesn't this make your earlier statement below moot

Quoted:
If possible, do you foresee additional adapters being made that would allow it to work with something like a D740?

Yes we do. Shot Show is right around the corner.

Vic
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 7:17:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Will you have any unitys at shot for sale?
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 7:05:59 PM EDT
[#17]
A couple of notes about the TNVC Go Pro adapter.

1. The system is waterproof, utilizing the proven GoPro Housing.
2. It uses the excellent, proven Wilcox Amber Prism
3. It's designed using quality injection molded polymer
4. It's designed to mount to the strongest part of the unit, providing stability and reliability.
5. We utilized molded in Steel inserts
6. It's been tested by Unity, TNVC, and others extensively
7. The system is designed with some expandability, Check out the SHOT show coverage
8. It's backed by TNVC and Unity

I cannot comment on the other unit, I've never seen or held it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top