BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 12:08:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Defaultmp3:
For my setup, the tapeswitch is actually very ergonomic; I wear size small gloves, but am running small diameter handguards on all of my AR-15s (Hodge WedgeLock, Zev WedgeLock, and V7 Enlightened), so it is very easy to hit the buttons as a right handed shooter if the tape is mounted using the original Wilcox 1913 offset mount, with it tape basically setting biased toward the right side, so I can just roll my thumb over and hit the buttons using my left hand thumb while using a C-clamp grip. Using the Fernilabs WAP at the 1200 is also very viable, with better bilaterality.

I assume that the selectors just came loose over time from use. They exhibit a very noticeable amount of play while in each position, and also have become more difficult to switch positions due to this play, as the selector can get pushed up rather than along the dial track, as the off-axis push can get the selector momentarily stuck.
View Quote

These are Xs, not Xes, with the loose knob issue? I understand some revision of the knob occurred on the Xes.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 12:19:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Defaultmp3] [#2]
Originally Posted By JohnDough:

These are Xs, not Xes, with the loose knob issue? I understand some revision of the knob occurred on the Xes.
View Quote
Correct, RAID-Xs. I have not heard that they had revised the RAID-Xe, I would be interested in hearing more about that. Either way, the fact that it was a non-repairable issue on the RAID-X, how ergonomic the tape is for my particular set-up, and the functionality provided by the triple button tape, made me very keen to try and utilize the Wilcox tape rather than just sticking with using it like an upgraded ATPIAL.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#3]
To be clear, while I did purchase from TNVC, I don't fault y'all for this, as your webpage simply reflects what Wilcox has written, and no other reseller notes this issue either; I lay the blame squarely on Wilcox.

I would strongly prefer to use the programmable tapeswitch to switch between low and high power on the IR side, not just because it makes it much easier switchology for me (almost MAWL-esque), but also because I've seen RAID-Xs have their selector knobs come loose, and Wilcox being unable to repair such a unit. I used the RAID-X and Xe for years the same way as you described, except I used a TAPS Sync instead of the AXON Sync.

As I noted, the RAID-Xe does have vis override, they just don't allow that functionality to work in-conjunction with a white light their dual lead tapeswitch, despite the fact that they do have a product on the books that I assume has no other purpose but to allow for the activation of both a light and a laser (https://tnvc.com/shop/wilcox-raid-xe-ergocto-control-activation-grip-with-dual-leads/). You can also get vis override by programming button 2 to fire the vis pointer, using the Crane junction box, and attaching a dual lead pad that allows for dual device activation (AXON Sync, Modbutton Lite, TAPS Sync). That is why I am so disappointed in Wilcox, the capability certainly exists, they simply did not implement it on the dual lead three-button tape. Remember, they had even implemented vis override on the RAID-X, they simply did not release the modified Crane plug that allowed for that functionality, so they clearly knew that vis override was of some value to some end users.
View Quote

Own The Night mentions the dual lead switch having a button to activate the white light. Nothing about it being able to slave to another function.

Looking at how the Unity Tactical SYNC switches are, they are 2 separate switches stacked on each other. Not sure if it's possible to fit it in the ERGOCTO frame.

I've been wanting to comment about this for a few days now, but I'm just a regular Joe. While you are disappointed that Wilcox didn't create the product you wanted, it probably wasn't on their priorities. Most of these products are designed and developed with other (bigger) customers.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

Own The Night mentions the dual lead switch having a button to activate the white light. Nothing about it being able to slave to another function.

Looking at how the Unity Tactical SYNC switches are, they are 2 separate switches stacked on each other. Not sure if it's possible to fit it in the ERGOCTO frame.

I've been wanting to comment about this for a few days now, but I'm just a regular Joe. While you are disappointed that Wilcox didn't create the product you wanted, it probably wasn't on their priorities. Most of these products are designed and developed with other (bigger) customers.
View Quote

The NGAL and DBAL A3 have it though, so it's not as though he's asking for something that "noone else wants".

Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 2:37:30 AM EDT
[#6]

The NGAL and DBAL A3 have it though, so it's not as though he's asking for something that "noone else wants".

View Quote

I was referring to OP's post about the dual lead ERGOCTO switch.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 8:00:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnDough] [#7]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

I was referring to OP's post about the dual lead ERGOCTO switch.
View Quote

Be nice if they made one that isn't insanely long. How big around are those cables, anyway? Do they even fit under cover panels like the FCD/TNVC?

Again, I urge the Axon solution.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Reading this makes me glad I got the crane plug version.  It was cheaper and crane plugs have way more aftermarket support.  no ragrets
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I received the dual lead Wilcox ERGOCTO Xe, 65336G31. The third button appears to only provide white light activation, and does not fire the laser at the same time. My plan had been to use the third button to fire both the white light and vis laser; is this not possible with the new dual lead? If so, this appears to be a huge oversight, no? I could maybe jerry rig something that presses the middle and back button at the same time, but that would probably be pretty easy to ND.

Edit: The guy at Fernilabs stated that the tape was working as intended, based on his experience. Now I'm not sure if I even want to keep them.
View Quote

Is it (the white light button) clicky or momentary only?
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Is it (the white light button) clicky or momentary only?
View Quote
Momentary only.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Momentary only.
View Quote

So...no vis override. No constant on. Not really sounding too spicy.
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top