Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2007 4:35:53 PM EDT
I want to add the Cobra emblem from GI Joe to each of my firearms in bright red color....

Would Duracoat be the best option?  I'm pretty lazy, and want it to actually look good, so I was wanting to know who could do it, since I'm sure I would fuck it up if it requires more than me taking a stencil and spray-painting shit.

I'd like to put the emblem on:

-3 Glocks, small emblem on both sides of the slide near the model number
-1 AR, medium emblem on both sides of magazine well
-2 AK-47's, medium emblem on both sides of magazine well
-1 Mini Uzi, medium emblem on top of receiver cover

Is this something feasible for a lazy guy to accomplish with, like, 30 minutes of work per gun, or what?

Should I just email Lauer Custom Weaponry?
Link Posted: 5/29/2007 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I could do it if I had the tools and the proper ways to receive your firearms

I would go professional.
Link Posted: 5/29/2007 9:00:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I've only done a couple stencil jobs such as this:

but it took me about an hour or two - and that was with a stencil already made.  Granted, I was blending them into a digital camo.  

If you're doing the pattern in different sizes, you'll need to make a stencil for each size. If I was doing it, I'd scan or otherwise digitize it, then you could print it off at exactly the size you wanted.  If you can make a "female" template in each size that you want, then it is just a matter of applying and spraying.

The cobra stencil would look very cool, in my limited and humble opinion it looks like it would take a while to make the stencil.
Link Posted: 5/29/2007 10:49:42 PM EDT
[#3]
One easy although not sure of durability is a water slide decal.  You can print them off your computer and place it on your stock.  You'd need to put a coat of gloss clear finish, let it dry good, place your decal, once dry you should coat with gloss to add a protective layer then knock down the gloss with a flat clear finish.  This is how models are finished, it could work but again not sure how long they would last under exposure to the sun or handling.  If you want it on metal look into laser engraving and then fill in the colors, may be $$, otherwise cutting stencils or having it done professionally are other options.
Link Posted: 5/29/2007 11:23:57 PM EDT
[#4]
interesting idea...for sure.
Link Posted: 5/30/2007 11:24:59 AM EDT
[#5]
you might try contacting Bulldogarms.com and see if he would make stencils for you.
Link Posted: 5/30/2007 4:07:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Lots of help and good ideas!    Thanks guys!

I dig the idea of engraving and then having it filled in.   That'd be infinitely cooler.
Link Posted: 5/31/2007 6:01:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone that does laser engraving would also be able to cut the stencils on frisket paper or some other medium that has a peel off sheet to expose the sticky part of the stencil.  This would be cheaper I think than the laser engraving since you dont need the power and time to engrave the metal.  You could do a whole sheet of stencils, how many depends on the size.
Link Posted: 5/31/2007 6:11:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/31/2007 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Ignore my avatar and sig....  where did you get that patch?
Link Posted: 6/1/2007 2:40:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Ignore my avatar and sig....  where did you get that patch?

I found a few places online that sell little Cobra patches, but they're expensive and, um, not the kind of quality I want.

I was thinking of Special Ordering some from Galls so I could get better quality ones, albeit at a bigger cost.
Link Posted: 6/1/2007 3:57:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Lemme knwo if you do, I have some open velcro on my vest that would need something like this...  (during breaktime of course)
Link Posted: 6/1/2007 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's a little emblem I sprayed on the bottom of the stock on my Ruger 10/22 with a masking tape stencil I made.

Doc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top