Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2013 8:36:57 AM EDT
I tried mixing burnt bronze Cerakote and graphite black with a 80/20 mix(80% burnt bronze to 20% graphite black). This was the build I used it on-

Same gun next to a burnt bronze build-

While the color was darker, I wanted to get it a little darker. I had parts for a new build so I decided to mix in more black. This color combo is 60% burnt bronze and 40% graphite black. I really like this color.

Link Posted: 9/15/2013 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh, my...that is beautiful...the color and the whole rifle.
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#2]
VERY NICE!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Dude, I think I love you.

That looks awesome!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 5:39:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Good job on the color mix.  Beautiful rifle.
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 6:41:19 AM EDT
[#5]
That is a purty rifle, I think you figured out what your doing too
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 7:47:06 AM EDT
[#6]
What is that sling mount you are using in front of the built-in QD mount?
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Very nice color, though I admit I think black furniture looks off with dark burnt bronze compared to with FDE.
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is that sling mount you are using in front of the built-in QD mount?
View Quote

Both sling swivels are made by CQB.
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 12:01:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Very nice color, though I admit I think black furniture looks off with dark burnt bronze compared to with FDE.
View Quote

I go back on forth on which I like more.

Here's a burnt bronze I did with FDE furniture-

Link Posted: 9/17/2013 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#10]
That looks nice too
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow. Great job!  I really like the darker version.  Wonder what UDE would look like on that
Link Posted: 9/18/2013 7:52:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice work! Are you available for hire? Looking for the same idea you did, only with Tungsten as the base color. PM me if you're interested. Would be lower, upper, and a 9" rail. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nice work! Are you available for hire? Looking for the same idea you did, only with Tungsten as the base color. PM me if you're interested. Would be lower, upper, and a 9" rail. Thanks!
View Quote

I've had one attempt at darkening tungsten. It was mixed 8 parts tungsten to 2 part graphite black. It turned out nice but I wanted it darker. The darker mix is on the gun in the top of the photos-

The pictures don't show the difference that seeing them in person does but I wanted it to be darker. I want to try 7:3 or 6:4 mix.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I could be your next willing victim! I'm just waiting for someone to come up with a 9" Seekins SAR rail and I'm good to go.  I have Tungsten on one of my XDM's and I love it the way it looks, but a shade darker would be great too. I like the texture of it...kinda rough and definitely non-reflective. Add to that, it would even out the different finishes (although slight) between my Seekins upper and my Noveske lower.  Here's my XDM:
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow those look amazing!!! Do you have any images of a Geissele rail in Dark Tungsten?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top