Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2010 6:43:31 AM EDT
Does anyone find the configuration of the M203 under the barrel awkward?I know it would take some training to transition from primary to a standalone 203 secondary also its added weight and something to get snagged on while slung somewhere, but are there any companies that make the 203 its own weapon? Or maybe a how to on machining one yourself then adding some wood stock?

Just wondering.

Oh yeah this is because M79's are hard to come by.
Link Posted: 5/4/2010 6:55:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Airsoft Copy
Link Posted: 5/4/2010 5:41:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Spikes Tactical has a stock that should work on rail mount M203s.
Link Posted: 5/4/2010 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder if there is a way to make a stand alone myself.
Link Posted: 5/6/2010 3:11:46 AM EDT
[#4]
There is one made that some of the teams are using.  I don't remember who made it.  Look on the right front fender.

During the first Gulf War I carried a M16A2 and M203 combo.  It worked but I found since I don't practice with it, I forget that it is there.  So, during my first fire fight then, I kept pulling the trigger on the M16 until later I remember and dropped two rds of HEDP into the trench.  Fast forward to 03-08' in Iraq, l let other guys carry the M203 on their M4s and I carried a M79.

This year there is a new 40mm GL being carried here in country that is called the M302 that can be mounted onto the M16/M4 RAS, has its own pistol grip and can be dismount and use individually.

CD
Link Posted: 5/6/2010 3:29:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Bottom Picture: Firing hand thumb is in the wrong position

But you’ll figure that out when you fire it
Link Posted: 5/6/2010 3:36:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Thats one of a series of pics of the above when firing live ammo.  Still have my thumbs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top