Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2013 12:11:11 PM EDT
Does anyone have either of these rifles?
More to the point a coverted MR1.
Can you get the goods for it, rails, adjt. stock and so on?
Do the CX4 rail kits fit?
I know about the 922r stuff so I will assume that your rifle is in compliance if you convereted an MR1.
I do not like the ergos on the MR1 but thought if it is a good and reliable shooter why not.
Help me out.
Did I read a while back that the foregrip melted do to extended rapid fire?
Or did some nay sayer speculate that it could happen?

PICS PICS PICS

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the second one
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Always seemed like one of those niche guns that gets overlooked because of the price and obscurity. Not many people will buy one when the same money gets you a proven rifle that they have heard of before.

That said, it's interesting
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:38:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a MR1 and I love it.  Benelli makes absolutely amazing products and their ARGO piston system is superb.  Benelli pwns shotguns, and no doubt they tried to apply that same mojo to rifles. However....marketing, marketing, timing, and more marketing.

The RX4 and MR1 are the exact same rifle with the exception of the buttstock and barrel.

You MIGHT be able to find the collapsable stock on gunbroker, I've seen them there.  It's basically the same stock off the Nova shotgun, but I have no idea if there's any difference that would prevent installation.

The forearm rails are available from Benelli and you might see it on either Brownells or Midway USA.

The problem you'll have is the barrel.  You'd have to figure out a way to get it from Beretta, somehow.  You can't just put a  flash hider on there, because you wouldn't be able to remove the retaining nut to disassemble the rifle.  Then there's the thickness...repeated rapid fire probably won't melt the foregrip--but it'll sure overheat that pencil thin barrel in a hurry.  The RX4's barrel is a completely different contour than the MR1.

Also I don't know of too many US parts/accessories manufacturers for MR1 aftermarket stuff (like zero).  So 922r compliance would be difficult.  Most of the RX4's you see in the states are just that--RX4s.  If there's a LEO conversion for the MR1, my recommendation would be to buy it like that outright.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:59:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a MR1 and I love it.  Benelli makes absolutely amazing products and their ARGO piston system is superb.  Benelli pwns shotguns, and no doubt they tried to apply that same mojo to rifles. However....marketing, marketing, timing, and more marketing.

The RX4 and MR1 are the exact same rifle with the exception of the buttstock and barrel.

You MIGHT be able to find the collapsable stock on gunbroker, I've seen them there.  It's basically the same stock off the Nova shotgun, but I have no idea if there's any difference that would prevent installation.

The forearm rails are available from Benelli and you might see it on either Brownells or Midway USA.

The problem you'll have is the barrel.  You'd have to figure out a way to get it from Beretta, somehow.  You can't just put a  flash hider on there, because you wouldn't be able to remove the retaining nut to disassemble the rifle.  Then there's the thickness...repeated rapid fire probably won't melt the foregrip--but it'll sure overheat that pencil thin barrel in a hurry.  The RX4's barrel is a completely different contour than the MR1.

Also I don't know of too many US parts/accessories manufacturers for MR1 aftermarket stuff (like zero).  So 922r compliance would be difficult.  Most of the RX4's you see in the states are just that--RX4s.  If there's a LEO conversion for the MR1, my recommendation would be to buy it like that outright.
View Quote

Are there any Benelli / MR1 forums I could go to?
Is there a 16" RX4 profiled barrel made, or just the 12.5"
I have an AR and wanted a pistion unit and I thought why get another AR.
This looks smooth and is somewhat styled like the CX4.
I could not find the the rails or anything reguarding the MR1 at Brownells.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 2:15:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I would love that in .308 win
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 7:20:28 AM EDT
[#6]
i made one with a Ruger 10/22 conversion.  i got it because it was an odd looking gun ive never seen before.

one of my first .22LR clones i did 2 years ago

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:19:40 AM EDT
[#7]
http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/stock-forend-parts/forends-handguards/forend-tri-rail-prod32489.aspx

http://forum.benelliusa.com/

I don't know about the barrels.  Only Benelli sells this rifle commercially, and they don't offer the Beretta barrel. 

The "Storm" series is a whole set, really.  PX4, CX4, and RX4.  But as the MR1, part of the Benelli's appeal is as a non-SBR, non-"assault rifle", semi-auto defense weapon that doesn't appear on ban lists.  

This version is even legal in CA and NY (only 5 rd mag in NY).

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b545/greekstorm/B0EF08FC-B76A-4B2C-9016-97DAC06DD525-15660-0000161D6AA0734A_zpsb73c825a.jpg
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:28:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:31:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What cool-looking gun haven't you built a rimfire copy of?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i made one with a Ruger 10/22 conversion

What cool-looking gun haven't you built a rimfire copy of?

im still hunting and saving for new projects to clone
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I think the rail system is the same as the CX4.
Sent Benelli a email and asked if this is so.
Also reg on Benelli USA forum to get more info.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/stock-forend-parts/forends-handguards/forend-tri-rail-prod32489.aspx

http://forum.benelliusa.com/

I don't know about the barrels.  Only Benelli sells this rifle commercially, and they don't offer the Beretta barrel. 

The "Storm" series is a whole set, really.  PX4, CX4, and RX4.  But as the MR1, part of the Benelli's appeal is as a non-SBR, non-"assault rifle", semi-auto defense weapon that doesn't appear on ban lists.  

This version is even legal in CA and NY (only 5 rd mag in NY).

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b545/greekstorm/B0EF08FC-B76A-4B2C-9016-97DAC06DD525-15660-0000161D6AA0734A_zpsb73c825a.jpg
View Quote

That would be great for Connecticut- ban compliant (assuming they don't consider it a copy/ duplicate of the Beretta Storm) and compatible with AR mags
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I went to my LGS and looked at the MR1 they have in stock.
Used
Looks like no extras.
Clean looking
Pistol grip stock.
$1800.00

The rifle was MSRP $1300.00 and I dont think I ever saw one sell for that price either.

I told the clerk, I am not even on the road that goes by that ball park.

I was figuring no more than $900.00 maybe even less.

What do you say?
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 7:55:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Just a cool Pic.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 4:26:40 PM EDT
[#15]
A bump for some help.
Link Posted: 8/11/2013 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#16]
A bump for some help.

Again

Link Posted: 8/11/2013 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Me Gusta.
Nice rifle, I would expect around 1k for one
New gun on the "to-buy" list
Link Posted: 8/12/2013 7:21:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Been wanting one for a long while. Seems like such an ugly duckling that it just screams "BUY ME!" since it is so different.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 1:42:37 AM EDT
[#19]
One of the Walmarts around here has the Beretta CX4 9mm on clearance for $800.  Its been sitting in the case since February.  If it was in the $400-$500 range I would be tempted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top