Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2007 12:29:28 PM EDT
so what is the cheapest suppressor for an AR that has reasonable sound suppression. I dont want a load of shit, but just something that works fine. So who makes the cheapest one out there now?
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Best bang for your buck...hands down the  YHM Stainless Phantom.  $535

It's stainless, inconel blast baffle, great sound suppression and a QD mount.

it's only $460 with 1/2-28 threads.

Next choice would be a AAC M4-1000 at $550.
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 1:32:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Cheapest would be the Tac-16. More than likely, your dealers price would be a little less than the link shows.
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#3]
well the Tac-16 seems to be my answer to it.

does anyone have any first hand experience with it or know anyone who has?
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#4]
What's up with TS saying "no 22lr at all"? I know a lot of guys here seem to shoot some 22lr through their AR, especially with the ciener kits.

Also, seeing that you are in GA you need to talk to Mark, AKA Bookhound on the boards, he is a dealer in the Braselton area. Also if you aren't too far from NE GA there is a silencer shoot  just north of Commerce on Saturday. It would be an excellent time to demo and look at the different cans.
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 9:03:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Cheapest would be the Tac-16. More than likely, your dealers price would be a little less than the link shows.

+++++1111 seen 3 of them. If you want cheep and can be run FA its the one for you.. WOW they can take a beating.........

Slug-O
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 12:03:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a tac 16.  I like it a lot.  It isn't the lightest or quickest attach suppressor, but it is solid and you can take it apart if you ever wanted to do that.  I like mine a lot and I only paid $365.  I'm not a huge fan of rifle cans, but this was inexpensive and works well with my ar and also my PS90.  I dig it for the price tag.  If I was going to pay a bit more, I would go with the YHM with the QD attachment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top