Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2015 8:53:01 AM EDT
What cans are you using to suppress a ps90 SBR? I just ordered a spectre II but I have seen some larger cans on them before.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I have several Spectre IIs, but bought a Sparrow to dedicate for a shorter build.

Also have Octanes and Ospreys that can be used. Have a spare YHM mount and will try my LT/ULT and my Saker 5.56 on it at some point.

However...with all those options, I'd love a do-over on the Sparrow. I think a short, larger diameter, F1 suppressor would've been a better option. Something like 5"X1.5". It's all (or at least a majority) supersonic ammo...and I'd much rather have a shorter can that I paid <$100 for.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm using a Saker while waiting for the shorter Saker K.  Yeah...heavier than a rimfire can...but I like the QD mount. Maybe the SBR PS90 would be a good platform for the Surefire Micro...hmmmm

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:47:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I am reading that they are not very quite with a 22lr suppressor. I have a saker 762 in jail and ordered the 556 endcap for it. I wonder if that would be much quieter?
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you have any ideas on what kind of DB rating you are getting from the saker 556?
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 11:04:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been using my Spectre II on my SBR PS90. Seems to work well at the range. I've also used my Octane 45 and actually prefer it for noise reduction/blowback. Now that I have a 9mm endcap I may give it another shot on the PS90 just to see how much difference that makes.

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 11:32:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I have used my SRT Arms Comanche on my PS90 SBR.  Seems to suppress OK.

Probably only have a mag or two through that combo  as I don't shoot the PS90 very much in general and its a PITA to swap the P90 break for the 1/2x28 adapter.  I have had that gun for probably 6 years and am still working through the first case of ammo.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 12:01:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I use my Spectre II on mine. I have shot it with my AAC mini 4 as well. I haven't done both at the same range trip though. One of these days I'll try to compare between some different cans on it. The Spectre II does a decent job and is small and light so that's what I use most of the time.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Surefire Micro
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Now that is a hot setup.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 1:57:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Wow.  What can is that?
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 2:03:42 PM EDT
[#11]

I never wanted one of these until seeing this photo.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wow.  What can is that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wow.  What can is that?

Reading is fundamental
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Reading is fundamental
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.  What can is that?

Reading is fundamental

Lmao, I was going to say the same thing. Did he even read what he quoted?

On a different note, that looks GOOD. Wonder how it compares to a larger can, decibel wise.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ditto.

Damn you ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Going a bit off topic here, but does anyone have good success reloading 5.7?

I'd love to have one but I'm not buying one something I can only get 1-2 reloads out of and only has $0.50 a round factory ammo. Also not sure what's fact and what's fiction about the lubricant on the cases.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 2:56:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Going a bit off topic here, but does anyone have good success reloading 5.7?

I'd love to have one but I'm not buying one something I can only get 1-2 reloads out of and only has $0.50 a round factory ammo. Also not sure what's fact and what's fiction about the lubricant on the cases.
View Quote

5.7 is absolutely less than $0.50/round. FNH ammo can be had for like $0.40-$0.45/round and other brands for like $0.35-$0.40/round.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm hoping Top_Secret will weigh back in.

The 5.7x28 is a "tiny" cartridge...maybe it silences well even with a small can.

My other question is which adapter/muzzle device?
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The 5.7x28 is a "tiny" cartridge...maybe it silences well even with a small can.

View Quote

It's supersonic, so it silences like 5.56...it's still fairly loud. The smaller rimfire cans do a decent job. A shorter can with a larger diameter would work as well.

Mine had the barrel shortened by TROS, and I opted for SiCo o-ring specs:

That lets me use a Spectre or Sparrow...but can also use the Octane/Osprey or any other rifle DT/QD can.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 3:24:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

As BigWaylon said, it's still supersonic so the difference between a full size can and a micro at the ear doesn't seem that significant to me, especially with the action being so close to your ear on a bullpup. I'll have to bring my sound meter next time I take the PS90 out to get some numbers vs 5.56mm.

The adapter/muzzle device is a CMMG adapter with a MB556K.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#20]
SS Sparrow.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#21]

I would watch that wire for your light switch, a little close to the can, could get burn through?
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#22]
I use a Gemtech G5 on mine and I love it.   A little heavier than the Spectre or the other heavy duty 22 cans, but quieter IMHO.  I wouldnt even consider using a thread-on suppressor with a PS90, either.   Id be too worried about it twisting off to do a mag dump.  

It also allows a "correct" appearing muzzle attachment to be used, if youre into that sort of thing.  

Regardless, 5.7x28 is loud, so keep that in mind.   40gr stuff is much quieter to my ears than 27.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I would watch that wire for your light switch, a little close to the can, could get burn through?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The laser switch looks close, but is about a 1/4" away from the can. I am contemplating modifying a SR-D-IT switch to run the light and laser off of.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:25:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for the info everyone. I filed the form 1 today and have already ordered the cmmg thread adapter.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 1:32:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Love my sparrow with the TROS adaptor.  It's a little quieter than 5.56/223
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#26]
The supersonic crack is LOUD, but to me it has less ejection port noise than my 10.3" AR with the same Surefire Socom.

Here it is with the socom mini...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top