Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2016 2:34:02 PM EDT
So you guys with QD suppressors that, in order to get it off the gun, you have to turn a ring at the mount.... I'm looking at you. ASR mount, Surefire mounts, etc.

If you have a rail that covers your suppressor, partially or completely, do you just leave your can permanently on the upper? Do you have some way of getting at the locking ring/switch through the holes in the rail? I want to hear your experiences.

I get that it's not terribly difficult to take most handguards off, just a few screws... but I wouldn't want to do it very often if ever at all.

PICTURES ARE ENCOURAGED  with your comment!
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#1]
9mm, .22lr or 300blk only
Screw that with a 556 and even with 300blk supers
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe the sandman can be under hand guard and removed one hand. Others not so much unless direct thread. You might as well just fit rail to barrel so there is little gap between the suppressor and rail. Under rail doesn't serve much purpose and gets hot fast
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:28:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I had my YHM tucked slightly under an Aero Precision quad rail. It was just enough so that I could shoot unsuppressed without an issue. No locking rings and didn't have an issue with heat since I don't grab the end of the rail. It was a 12'' 5.56.

Ignore the super large engraving. it was free and I didn't care

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I would not put a can all the way under a handguard unless it was a PC.....that being said.....a gemtech bi-lock or YHM is about as simple as it gets to achieve what you want.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#5]
my house gun (300 blackout) has partially covered suppressor.
Am rarely going to fire it without the suppressor, but the flash hider ports start where the handguard ends...

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#6]
here is a more recent photo with some handguard covers...and replaced all the nickle covered lower parts with black.
This is one of my first AR's...nothing is left from the 25th anniversary bushmaster, except the lower reciever...lol

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top