Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2018 12:59:22 AM EDT
I'm looking at running a dedicated can for a 14.5 rifle, and a future 11.5 rifle. I intend on buying a 11.5 in the near future and I was definitely favoring the
RC2 over the Mini because of flash and performance with a shorter barrel.

Does anyone run a 14.5 with a full size RC or RC2? (even the older one) I want to know what you think about that can on a 14.5 and if you would prefer the mini and why?
I'm only going to buy one for now so I would like to know if the Mini is worth it, basically on a 14.5 specifically.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 1:10:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll comment...
Love my RC1 mini on my 11.5"

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 7:31:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 10:02:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a pair of SB's, a 762-RC1, and a pair of Mini RC1's.  I really love the mini's as they take the bite of an SBR down to where I can just wear ear plugs without adding lots of weight and length to a rifle.  For me, mini cans on supersonic rifles are where it's at.  I'm going to wear hearing protection anyway as even with a long, quiet can the port pop is above safe levels.  Might as well save the weight and length.  A 10.3" or an 11.5" with a Surefire mini is sweet.  Still shorter than a 16" non NFA rifle and MUCH quieter.

Mini-FDE on one of my CQBR's:

Mini-Monster on a Colt 6933:

For comparison this is a SOCOM-762 on the same 6933:

Mini-FDE on a SOPMOD 14.5":
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been extremely happy with my RC2 on 14.5, and 10.3 rifles.  No experience with the mini however.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#5]
While not the exact criteria as the OP, I have a SB and a Mini that I run on 10.5 and 14" barrels. I prefer the Mini for the same reasons as Compuvette.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top