Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 1:57:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
Approved! Now to see how long it takes to go through the rest of the process.
View Quote

Have you picked out your next one yet?
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By terryj:

Have you picked out your next one yet?
View Quote
No, I'm not sure I want to go through the wait from approval to CLEO notification/waiting period unless I have to. I've got a couple of really good dealers local to me that have my prints and photo on file and normally have great stock. However, neither carry Diligent Defense so I gave CA a try.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 11:38:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: freqlord98] [#3]
Ordered 20 July, just sent my EFT over. Now begins a bit of the wait.

Certified.  Took a whole ass 5 min from start to finish for 2 cans.  Compare that to my dealer who uses SS, which takes about 10min per can.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 11:25:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Ordered on the 14th, but I had to send in fingerprints.  EFT went out today.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 4:10:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Karma-NC] [#5]
Ordered my first can online (second can in total)!  Had to order a print kit and mail them so that delayed things a little, but got the email to sign documents today!  Already trying to decide what to buy next.  Need a .308 can, but I feel like I should buy a .22 pistol and threaded barrel for my 10/22 and then order a .22 can.  or two.

Ordered 7/13
Received 8/13

That was a good feeling having UPS pull up and hand me a box with a new toy.  Like Christmas.  The entire experience was fantastic, trying to figure out what to order next!
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 6:05:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: masterofpew] [#6]
Going great so far. Purchased 3 cans last week on July 19th and 21st. Received email asking to create a NFA profile and submit passport style photo and EFT file for prints, immediately did so on the 19th.

Got the Docu sign emails yesterday, did not hesitate to create a signature and complete the forms for submission. All three was ready to certify and submitted today by 12:30pm.

Smooth as glass so far. All individual so hopefully will receive approvals in the next 5 days or so. Received two eForm 1's from July 16th today so 7 days there(first submissions on my own and didn't bungle them up) for SBR's.

ETA...Print Scan ran out of select UPS Stores was a breeze and had EFT file the same day emailed and downloaded. Cost was $65 and have to make a appointment through Print Scan website for ATF prints.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Ordered late in the evening 6/27
Certified 7/3
Approved 7/9
CLEO sent 7/10
CLEO accepted 7/16
Received via UPS 7/24
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I did this when I purchased my last Surefire from them.  communication was great and 2 dudes showed up to my door and handed the box with suppressor inside.   Took 30 seconds and they were gone.  I don't remember If I had to sign anything.  Probably did.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I had forgotten all about this thread. I ordered a Huxwrx 762 Flow Ti last night from Capitol last night, and got my profile done and fingerprints submitted this morning. Hope the next step doesn't take long.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:32:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SPTiger:
I had forgotten all about this thread. I ordered a Huxwrx 762 Flow Ti last night from Capitol last night, and got my profile done and fingerprints submitted this morning. Hope the next step doesn't take long.
View Quote
I think I was 2 business days (middle of week) from ordered to actually submitted. 5 calendar days for approval, then 2 business days (middle of week) for the cleo notification to get sent. 9 calendar days total. That was Wednesday, so I am hoping to have it in hand in about a week and a half.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 11:49:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Ordered a Recce 5 from Griffin on July 1. UPS delivered from Capitol Armory today. I took a few days to get the eform 4 certified since we had just gone through a hurricane and were without power. The eform 4 approval took 23 hrs.
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 10:27:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FDC] [#12]
Nothing is ever easy, but got two individual eform 4s back today.

3/25:  Dissaproved/Incomplete
6/5:  Approved

Will wait a day or two before calling CA on the 3/25 one.  I figure they'll shoot me an email.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 12:22:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I think I was 2 business days (middle of week) from ordered to actually submitted. 5 calendar days for approval, then 2 business days (middle of week) for the cleo notification to get sent. 9 calendar days total. That was Wednesday, so I am hoping to have it in hand in about a week and a half.
View Quote
Received notification that my CLEO has accepted notice of transaction. Hopefully about another week.
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By FDC:
Nothing is ever easy, but got two individual eform 4s back today.

3/25:  Dissaproved/Incomplete
6/5:  Approved

Will wait a day or two before calling CA on the 3/25 one.  I figure they'll shoot me an email.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/99516/Capture_JPG-3279988.JPG
View Quote

CA already got back to me on the 3/25 form and resent the form 4 which I signed.

Also because I'm an idiot and couldn't spell sheriff, I had to call them about the 4473 for the 6/5 form.  They deleted it and resent it and I double checked the spelling this time.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Certified paperwork - 4/11/24
Form 4 (trust) approved - 7/31/24
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 5:56:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11B3XCIB] [#16]
Received notification that my CLEO has accepted notice of transaction. Hopefully about another week.
View Quote

In the one I recently received, CA had the shipping label created the day after the CLEO accepted and shipped it on day 8, after waiting the prescribed 7 days by law.

All their correspondence had a range of time these steps could take but mine were always meeting or exceeding their windows
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 11B3XCIB:

In the one I recently received, CA had the shipping label created the day after the CLEO accepted and shipped it on day 8, after waiting the prescribed 7 days by law.

All their correspondence had a range of time these steps could take but mine were always meeting or exceeding their windows
View Quote
Nice. My email says I should receive tracking between Saturday and Monday.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 9:42:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice. My email says I should receive tracking between Saturday and Monday.
View Quote

Sign up for UPS MyChoice and you can get your tracking number much sooner. I generally get my tracking number 5 - 6 days prior to my can being shipped from my in-state FFL. I suspect they create the shipping label and send it along with the can to your in-state FFL once your CLEO accepts the F4.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 10:16:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spyderboy03] [#19]
Originally Posted By WVUSIG:

Sign up for UPS MyChoice and you can get your tracking number much sooner. I generally get my tracking number 5 - 6 days prior to my can being shipped from my in-state FFL. I suspect they create the shipping label and send it along with the can to your in-state FFL once your CLEO accepts the F4.
View Quote
I've got MyChoice but haven't received a notification yet. I may try calling CA to see if I can pick up from the in state FFL. The address on my form 4 is a dealer 1.4 miles from me... Not sure if they can do that though.

ETA: I keep seeing everything saying it will ship UPS ground. What did I choose USPS and pay that rate for at check out? Was that the CLEO notification?
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I've got MyChoice but haven't received a notification yet. I may try calling CA to see if I can pick up from the in state FFL. The address on my form 4 is a dealer 1.4 miles from me... Not sure if they can do that though.

ETA: I keep seeing everything saying it will ship UPS ground. What did I choose USPS and pay that rate for at check out? Was that the CLEO notification?
View Quote

Griffin shipped me a package with the muzzle brake, shirt, and instructions/ink pad/welcome kit type thing shortly after I purchased. That comes straight from Griffin
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 11:26:25 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

I don’t think it’s legal to send silencers through the USPS, or maybe just not to non-FFLs.  I’ve always chosen UPS.  I’ve ever seen a separate charge for the CLEO notification.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 11:33:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spyderboy03] [#22]
Originally Posted By willi3d:
I don't think it's legal to send silencers through the USPS, or maybe just not to non-FFLs.  I've always chosen UPS.  I've ever seen a separate charge for the CLEO notification.
View Quote
I'm thinking it must have been for the CLEO notification. It gave 3 or 4 options and I selected the cheapest one which was USPS First Class for $29.95.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#23]
No email notification yet, but I logged into my UPS MyChoice and the label is now there!
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 4:00:02 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm thinking it must have been for the CLEO notification. It gave 3 or 4 options and I selected the cheapest one which was USPS First Class for $29.95.
View Quote

I don’t think that’s correct.  There is no way USPS first class costs $30 for a couple of sheets of paper.  Also, you don’t get a choice on how the CLEO notification is sent.  It has to be sent certified mail.  You can’t choose UPS or other delivery services, and you can’t choose first class instead of certified mail.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 4:23:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spyderboy03] [#25]
Originally Posted By willi3d:

I don't think that's correct.  There is no way USPS first class costs $30 for a couple of sheets of paper.  Also, you don't get a choice on how the CLEO notification is sent.  It has to be sent certified mail.  You can't choose UPS or other delivery services, and you can't choose first class instead of certified mail.
View Quote
Not a clue.

ETA: IIRC the options were USPS First Class, UPS Ground, UPS 2-Day, and UPS Overnight.

Link Posted: 8/4/2024 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#26]
7/9 order placed on GA webpage
7/10 GA shipped my muzzle device, t shirt and swag directly to my house
7/11 package arrived
7/11 1st email from CA
7/11 Tax stamp purchased through CA
7/12 CA email to docusign form 4
7/14 email from CA to call in to certify F4
7/15 called CA and certified F4
7/15 f4efiled
7/18 F4 approved
7/18 received email from CA to fill out electonic 4473
7/18 filled out electronic 4473 and submitted to CA
7/19 received email from CA stating 4473 has been mailed to CLEO
7/30 Called CA for update and was told CLEO 4473 was mailed on 7/19 and as of today their return receipt does not show as delivered
8/2/24 Received email from CA stating that the CLEO has received the 4473 and the official 7 day countdown has begun
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#27]
My 2nd order went way faster than the 1st batch.

From the day I received my approval to having the suppressor was right at 2 weeks.

The 1st time, I think it was about a month or so. Had to do with LEO notification.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 9:50:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spyderboy03] [#28]
Looks like the in state SOT (1.4 miles from me ) dropped my suppressor off with UPS today. Supposed to deliver tomorrow but I put a hold on it to pick it up Thursday (soonest) as we might not be around when UPS usually delivers. That'll put me at 24 days from order to in hand.

ETA: it was made ready to pick up today and I managed to get down there. 23 days!
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 5:41:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: masterofpew] [#29]
Ordered a TBAC Gen2 30cal Ultra 9, OCL Polonium 5.56 and OCL Titanium 22 on Sunday July 21st and everything will be delivered today via UPS between 2pm and 6pm.....hell yeah!!!

21 days from purchase to delivery on 3 suppressors! Thank you Capitol Armory. They were on top of things fast and never delayed in moving to the next steps.

Very happy

ETA the Eagle has landed($3100 box including stamps and taxes).
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Just ordered a YHM T3 through them, Form4 went "in process" on August 12th, so we will see how it goes.  I already had EFT prints so that saved time for the whole thing.  

Everything so far has been quick and easy, worst thing was the 5 minutes on hold waiting for the person to certify, and considering how long my dealer has made me stand around, I'm not complaining.  

Hope it works out, my favorite dealer closed, and the other person around here that does NFA stuff is just a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Purchased- 7/16
Submitted to ATF- 7/19
Approved- 7/24 (5 Days )
Sent to CLEO- 7/26
CLEO accepted- 8/12
Shipped- 8/18
Delivered- 8/20
Function test- 8/24
<----Me leaving range

Thank you ARFCOM for showing me that the grass IS greener on the NFA side.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 12:15:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Joshua_CapitolArmory:

Yes, we can.  We charge $155 for transfers.   Hit us up with a call or email, as often we can special order something in and save that transfer fee.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Joshua_CapitolArmory:
Originally Posted By Wangstang:
@Joshua_CapitolArmory

If I want to purchase a suppressor you don't offer from a dealer other than Capitol, will you accept it in a form 3 to handle the transfer and ship to my door for a fee? If so, what's the fee and how do you arrange for the transfer service?

Yes, we can.  We charge $155 for transfers.   Hit us up with a call or email, as often we can special order something in and save that transfer fee.

@Joshua_CapitolArmory

I'm emailing you all now to request a transfer. I'll shoot you an IM here as well to make sure it my email to you all doesn't head to spam folder.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:01:13 AM EDT
[#33]
I purchased my first ever can on August 22nd.  Went with a Diligent Defense Enticer S.  Did my fingerprints at the UPS store on the 23rd through Print Scan.  I have not had time to do any of the other stuff yet though.  Once I create the CA profile will I be instructed to create an ATF profile as well?  Is that when I will need to take a pic of myself?  Can any of this be done on my iPhone or computer only?  I'm new to all this so trying to figure out all the steps that are required.  I do plan on going individual.  Any advice and help would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:49:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By PearlWhiteGT:
I purchased my first ever can on August 22nd.  Went with a Diligent Defense Enticer S.  Did my fingerprints at the UPS store on the 23rd through Print Scan.  I have not had time to do any of the other stuff yet though.  Once I create the CA profile will I be instructed to create an ATF profile as well?  Is that when I will need to take a pic of myself?  Can any of this be done on my iPhone or computer only?  I'm new to all this so trying to figure out all the steps that are required.  I do plan on going individual.  Any advice and help would be much appreciated.
View Quote

you can take a selfie w iphone and upload to your CA profile which they need to submit your form4.

you can make an eforms profile now with atf and write down your username, pw, and pin number. you’ll need the pin number when you certify eform4 on shared computer screen with CA.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By swolliepop:

you can take a selfie w iphone and upload to your CA profile which they need to submit your form4.

you can make an eforms profile now with atf and write down your username, pw, and pin number. you’ll need the pin number when you certify eform4 on shared computer screen with CA.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By swolliepop:
Originally Posted By PearlWhiteGT:

Note that the email address you use with ATF must match the one you used with Capital Armory.
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Stamp day!

Certified on July 20th and just got my approval today.  Trust, 1 RP.  Now I need the AFT to get off their ass and approve the other one that was submitted the same day.
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 2:27:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ScottS] [#37]
Huge shout-out to CA's service. I already had a passport photo, .EFT file, and ATF eLogin account from submitting eForms 1. Knowledgeable and friendly staff, too.

Bought my can online 8/27
Docusign 8/27
Certify 8/28 1411 EST Dial the number to hang-up for the Certify was 4:55.
Approved 8/30 0902 EST ETA:  Holy Shit! Less than 48 hour approval!!!
Form 4473 Completed 09/02
CLEO Notification Sent 09/02
ETA: CLEO Notification Complete 09/09
ETA: Shipped to me 9/18
ETA: UPS Fucked up delivery and "Delay one business day." 09/19

ETA: Delivered!  09/20/24

24 days, online order to at my door.

So freakin' easy it's...dangerous to my long-term financial health.

Link Posted: 8/28/2024 9:32:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Bought my Griffin Recce 5 friday, certified today at 1345, individual.

Now the wait begins.
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 9:38:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jakezor] [#39]
My timeline thus far:

2024-04-15 ~11:30 purchased DL7 from Griffin
2024-04-17 ~14:30 Griffin updated to "shipped"  fingerprint cards/welcome kit
2024-04-17 ~17:30 Capitol Armory emails for customer profile/fingerprints,etc (check spam folder if 1st time!)
2024-04-17 ~21:30 filled out NFA info on CA Compliance site, Bought stamp from main CA site
2024-04-19 ~17:30 got Griffin Armory packet w/ EZBrake, fingerprint kit
2024-04-20 ~10:00 dropped off mailer for prints @ USPS
2024-04-29 ~11-11:30 certified with CA
2024-08-28 ~18:15 got approval email and email from CA
ETA: 2024-08-30 CA sent to CLEO
ETA: 2024-09-05 CLEO accepted

only 4 months :/  hate some of you fast bastards!

added CLEO stuff
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Jakezor:
My timeline thus far:

2024-04-17 ~17:30 Capitol Armory emails for customer profile/fingerprints,etc (check spam folder if 1st time!)
2024-04-17 ~21:30 filled out NFA info on CA Compliance site, Bought stamp from main CA site

View Quote

Dang, four months. I know that's still quicker than it has been but I've gotten spoiled to SBR Form 1s that have been approved in days.

I ordered a Huxwrx 762 from Capitol on July 27th, got everything squared away with CA on August 1st, and the ATF notified me of the submission of my form on August 2nd. A little over a month later I'm still waiting. Hope it won't be much longer.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#41]

Dang, four months. I know that's still quicker than it has been but I've gotten spoiled to SBR Form 1s that have been approved in days.

I ordered a Huxwrx 762 from Capitol on July 27th, got everything squared away with CA on August 1st, and the ATF notified me of the submission of my form on August 2nd. A little over a month later I'm still waiting. Hope it won't be much longer.
View All Quotes
My timeline thus far:

Yeah, it was faster than all my other ones by at least 2 months, but still disappointing when I hear of a 24-48 hour turnaround.  Good luck on yours.

Just got notice my CLEO accepted so updated the timeline.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 4:34:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Griffin Armament Recce 5K, took 28 days, super happy with it. Stupid easy using Capitol Armory.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:35:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By HUCK70:
Griffin Armament Recce 5K, took 28 days, super happy with it. Stupid easy using Capitol Armory.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32514/IMG_5648_jpeg-3314146.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32514/IMG_5649_jpeg-3314147.JPG
View Quote

What barrel length is that?
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#44]
11.5 Geissele upper.
Link Posted: 9/17/2024 1:57:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: droys86] [#45]
My experience and timeline so far...(will be updated with receival date)

8/28/24: Order placed through Griffin Armament
8/29/24: Email received from CA to set up customer profile, etc.
8/30/24: Paper prints mailed to CA from Maryland (standard, not certified or anything fancy)
9/5/24: Docusign received (indicating prints were received and transferred to EFT)
9/7/24: Email received to certify E-F4
9/9/24: E-F4 certified via phone (took 2 minutes)
9/9/24: E-F4 submitted to ATF
9/11/24: E-F4 approved
9/11/24: 4473 Docusign received/completed
9/13/24: CLEO Notification sent
9/23/24: CLEO notification confirmed, 7 day "hold" begins - projected ship date 9/28-9/30 per CA
10/1/24: Suppressor shipped
10/2/24: Suppressor received by me

Total time: 35 days, painless. For reference, earlier this year I ordered my OCM5. The OCM was an "in-store" purchase (ordered online and sent to local FFL, e-filed F4, etc.), and took the same amount of time with a 30 day F4 approval. YMMV, but my CA/Griffin experience was stupid simple and painless.
Link Posted: 9/17/2024 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm in the middle of getting a Griffin Armament can through CA, so far the process is simple
Link Posted: 9/17/2024 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By withoutremorse42:
I'm in the middle of getting a Griffin Armament can through CA, so far the process is simple
View Quote

Griffin cans are great! Which can did you get? I own a Dual Lok 5 and a HRT556 and both are really great cans!
Link Posted: 9/17/2024 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#48]
I got the shipping notification for my Sico 46M today. Capitol Armory has been great, the wait for the Feds to approve my first trust NFA item was torture though.
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 1:20:10 AM EDT
[#49]

Yeah, it was faster than all my other ones by at least 2 months, but still disappointing when I hear of a 24-48 hour turnaround.  Good luck on yours.

View All Quotes
My timeline thus far:

2024-09-11 Label Created
2024-09-16 Dropped off
2024-09-17 out for delivery
My local FFL took 5 days from printing the shipping label to dropping the can off at UPS yesterday.  :/
I got it today.
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 12:51:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Question for those who have gone through the process - I got my form 4 approved in about 31 hours by ATF.  I received the e-mail from CA to fill out the 4473 and sign it which I did a week ago and haven't received any further e-mail updates since.  What is the big delay between signing the 4473 and CLEO notification getting sent?

The tools site says "Our local team is reviewing your completed 4473 and provided government-issued documentation. This process may take up to 3-4 business days to complete."  It's now business day #6 for me, so just curious if anyone knows.

Page / 22
Top Top