Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2010 5:35:03 AM EDT
Just gathering facts right now....

While I have seen the components for reloading 37mm, are there components for reloading the 26.5mm flares?  Do the available 26.5mm flares use a standard boxer primer?  In otherwords, if the 26.5mm can't be readily reloaded, that would eliminate that caliber from consideration as something to form 1 to a destrictive device or from consideration as to using a 26.5mm insert in a larger bore destructive device.  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 7:31:37 AM EDT
[#1]
You wil have to drill it out to take 209 primers and then come up with a powder bushing of some type do to the fact the bottom of the casing has a 5/16 dia. nipple sticking up 3/16 that your 209 primer is centered in.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Most 26.5mm are pistol flare launchers.. Wouldn't that be an AOW, not a DD?

Link Posted: 7/17/2010 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Some CZ made flare launchers in a "shotgun" (buttstock and 19" barrel) have just been imported.  They appear to be steel.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/flare-rv85.aspx
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 4:42:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Man, that thing is pretty cool looking.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 5:24:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I just got an email from the company.  The receiver and barrel are steel.
Link Posted: 8/5/2010 4:43:52 AM EDT
[#6]
My flare laucher arrived yesterday from Centerfire.  They had a free shipping deal for the weekend.  The thing is heavy, massive, brand new, and made out of steel.  I don't have any flares for it yet and haven't decided what to do with it, but wanted to get it while it was available.  It came with a manual that I can't read, some type of maintance/inspection booklet, cleaning tools, extra springs, sling, test target, box...looks like it was last inspected in 1989.  Since flares are typically fired from plastic and aluminum pistols, this heavy thing looks to be massive overkill for firing flares.  It has a recoil pad...maybe flares kick more when fired from a "rifle/cannon" length barrel.
Link Posted: 8/5/2010 5:00:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I have some of the Czech Mil Surplus flares for my Spikes launcher (I have the 26.5mm adapter). The nice thing is that the casings are aluminum, so you might be able to reuse them for reloading.

Link Posted: 10/8/2010 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#8]
that thing is begging to be converted to a MOCK m-79
Link Posted: 10/8/2010 4:29:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone make a rappelling line system for that launcher?

CSF

Link Posted: 10/9/2010 1:59:39 PM EDT
[#10]
FYI–– I am working with ASA ammo in developing reloading supplies, including cups, wads and such for the 26.5mm. Also, ASA and Scot Pace have designed and produced reloadable 26.5mm casings that use a small pistol primer, and have removeable venthole for easy reloading with smokeless. Also, MLR has reloadable black powder casings out for the 26.5mm too.

There are a lot of new things coming out for the 26.5mm. Check out American Specialty Ammo's website for more info or drop me a PM. GROG
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I have my 26.5mm reloadable cartridges on order from ASA.  I also picked up some surplus smoke rounds in various colors at Knob Creek this past weekend.  I saw one vendor there that had reloadable cartridges that use 209 primers and 3f blackpowder or 777 black powder substitute.   HOWEVER....

When I asked a vendor who was selling  various chemicals that I assumed were for loading flares and making smoke rounds, he said he sold no instructions and if he told me what to do with the chemicals he could be arrested.  The vendor that had the reloadable cartridges also wouldn't say what goes in them (other than the propellent powder).  It was as if I was asking what goes into an atomic bomb and spoke with a foreign accent.  I saw no instructions for sale as to how to make a smoke round or how to make a round that goes up into the air and sparkles/lights like a flare.   I guess I am naive about this and just wanted to get the chemical(s) while I was there, along with instructions of what to get.  But if it is illegal or too dangerous to make your own, I guess I have 2 choices:  1)  Continue to buy already loaded smokes and flares and/or 2)  Form 1 my flare launcher rifle and make and shoot solid projectiles that would involve no chemicals.  No big deal to do a form 1, as I live in a NFA friendly area.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 11:25:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Not sure if there is still interest in this thread, however fireworks instructions and chemicals/components can be found HERE
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 8:41:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the link.  So far, I've only fired smokes and flares from mine.  It was quite the crowd pleaser at a local full auto shoot, and I got fairly good at lobbing smokes at targets 75-100yd away.
Link Posted: 4/10/2011 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm also interested in making some 26.5mm reloads too. probly just simple stuff too.
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I make a 26.5mm Aluminum Screw Apart 209 Primer Reloadable Shell along with tubes and disk to fit them. If you have any questions just let me know.

Mark

MLR Distribiting
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#16]
As Grog mentioned we produce reloadable smokeless casings and projos for 26.5MM, 37mm and 40mm. Let me know if you have any ?'s

- Scot Pace with ReloadableShells.com
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:01:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have my 26.5mm reloadable cartridges on order from ASA.  I also picked up some surplus smoke rounds in various colors at Knob Creek this past weekend.  I saw one vendor there that had reloadable cartridges that use 209 primers and 3f blackpowder or 777 black powder substitute.   HOWEVER....

When I asked a vendor who was selling  various chemicals that I assumed were for loading flares and making smoke rounds, he said he sold no instructions and if he told me what to do with the chemicals he could be arrested.  The vendor that had the reloadable cartridges also wouldn't say what goes in them (other than the propellent powder).  It was as if I was asking what goes into an atomic bomb and spoke with a foreign accent.  I saw no instructions for sale as to how to make a smoke round or how to make a round that goes up into the air and sparkles/lights like a flare.   I guess I am naive about this and just wanted to get the chemical(s) while I was there, along with instructions of what to get.  But if it is illegal or too dangerous to make your own, I guess I have 2 choices:  1)  Continue to buy already loaded smokes and flares and/or 2)  Form 1 my flare launcher rifle and make and shoot solid projectiles that would involve no chemicals.  No big deal to do a form 1, as I live in a NFA friendly area.

Sorry for bumping an older thread but was this guy bald?  Your description of his products and his answers to questions seems to be identical to a guy I see at some of the larger gunshows selling all sorts of stuff.  I think his website is Brassandlead but 80% of what he sells at gunshows is not on there.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Sorry, but I do not recall what he looked like.  So far I have enjoyed shooting smokes and flares.
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#19]
RV85 is a grenade launcher.Made for, and and used by SNB ( Police force of communist regime).
Ammo for it was derived from flare guns vz. 44/XX, so it is possible to shoot flares from it, but you can't load launcher ammo to the flare pistol.
Here is picture of ammo for it.

picked mine up on cyber Monday for $159
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I tested the direct fire capabilities of the RV-85 I have with smoke flares. Very impressive. I am very tempted to DD mine.

Link Posted: 1/19/2012 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Gene, I've got to get up to visit you more.  

Mike
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 8:03:58 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Gene, I've got to get up to visit you more.  

Mike

You should

Link Posted: 1/20/2012 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#23]
I've been reading up a lot on Grog's forum, and I'm excited about making some poor man's 4ga buckshot with mine using the American Specialty Ammo/Reloadable Shells stainless steel cases for smokless powder and the new wads. Although as Prebans knows, I've got some SBR's to ram through first. Assuming the end of the CLEO sign-off does not have me waiting up to a year...

Meeting with Esq. Grieve next week to get a trust going...
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 8:40:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've been reading up a lot on Grog's forum, and I'm excited about making some poor man's 4ga buckshot with mine using the American Specialty Ammo stainless steel cases for smokless powder and the new wads. Although as Prebans knows, I've got some SBR's to ram through first. Assuming the end of the CLEO sign-off does not have me waiting up to a year...

Meeting with Esq. Grieve next week to get a trust going...

You are a wise man.  

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top