Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2008 7:52:12 PM EDT
I'm interested in the possibility of SBRing my Glock 17.  Would there be any issue with having the engraving done on the plastic frame?  Anyone have opinions on how worthwhile it would be to go through this process?  I handled a SBR glock once and it seemed like it might really help for accuracy and rapid fire control.

It would also be nice to see some pics of glocks with stocks!
Link Posted: 10/2/2008 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#1]
i gotta be honest....i dont think its worth the trouble if it aint a glock 18...
Link Posted: 10/3/2008 12:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i gotta be honest....i dont think its worth the trouble if it aint a glock 18...

+1  If you're going to the effort, there are other guns that I would pick first.

That being said, you can engrave your markings on the "frame, receiver, or barrel".  The hood of the barrel on top or side is visible and would be easy enough to have engraved.

The down-side is that you would need to engrave any barrels that you wanted to put on the gun (while a stock was attached, I imagine.  Not sure if you could put a non-engraved barrel on with the stock removed).

This would be more durable than marking the plastic (sorry, polymer) frame.
Link Posted: 10/3/2008 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I know a guy that did this and he thought it was a real waste of money because the stock for the glock isn't very sturdy and makes the gun hard to shoot comfortably.  Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 10/4/2008 6:22:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the stock on a G19 with the FA conversion and it really helps, but I would not SBR a Glock in semi not really worth it save your $200 for something else..

Link Posted: 10/5/2008 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know a guy that did this and he thought it was a real waste of money because the stock for the glock isn't very sturdy and makes the gun hard to shoot comfortably.  Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.

I recall someone on this board with an SBR Glock saying the same thing.  He felt it was a waste of money in the end.

Also, he mentioned that the sights on a glock were designed to be used at arms length, so when the gun was shouldered they were next to useless.
Link Posted: 10/6/2008 8:07:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess it could be possible to SBR this...

Link Posted: 10/6/2008 8:20:54 PM EDT
[#7]
It sounds like the hive mind says this is a non-starter!  The SBR carbine conversion idea would be pretty unique though.  

There are at least two different kinds of stocks that can attach to a Glock pistol as far as I know.  The folding variety seems obviously lacking, but when I shouldered the extending, 'cheekweld' style stock, I can't say it felt too awkward.  There's a private range near me that rents this stock and I suppose I'll just have to try it myself.  If I did SBR it though, it would absolutely call for a mini red dot and a suppressor.  Perhaps the suppressor should come first.
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 6:03:49 AM EDT
[#8]

There's an old post about this somewhere.
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 6:06:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I have read negative reviews of the pistol stocks for glocks on this site.

They regretted it.  I would spend the 200 on SBRing something more useful.
Link Posted: 10/7/2008 5:39:48 PM EDT
[#10]
This cost me a little more than your Tax Stamp and is easily sold if the need strikes me.  It's reliable, .40 cal and uses Glock mags.  what more czan you ask for?

Doug K
Link Posted: 1/31/2009 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm bumping this thread for more info on this:

Link Posted: 2/1/2009 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/REMOV/SHOT2009/_CAA_PTP_v01_01.jpg

What the hell?!? Was that from the 2009 shot show?
Link Posted: 2/6/2009 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what he said...

Link Posted: 2/6/2009 11:00:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

what he said...

+...3?
Link Posted: 2/7/2009 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#15]
This went from a bad idea to some pretty cool looking possibilities!

Where can you buy this stuff?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top