Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 41
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sleipnir_tacoma:
So I've been waiting until I submitted the stamp on my Gemtech ssr can to start talking about this. Kinda curious if there were specific bipod adapter markings for an early mk20. I am hunting down an adm mount and NF optic. Would the wmx200 and peq15 be the proper light and laser for an early mk20?

For reference here's the random can I found on GunBroker and paid less than $500 out the door for. Turned out to have quite an interesting part of the Mk20 history

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Gemtech-SSR/20-550629/
View Quote

That’s insanely cool. Great find!
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#2]
What's old is now new again.

Link Posted: 5/20/2024 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Just another reason to be pissed off at FN, I’d buy a 5.56 conversion for my 17 in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

Just another reason to be pissed off at FN, I'd buy a 5.56 conversion for my 17 in a heartbeat.
View Quote
I think most in here would.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/28/2024 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 11:43:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Shit makes me want a Scar 17 again :(
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 11:48:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tengo1] [#8]
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 5:22:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#9]
Originally Posted By Tengo1:
https://i.imgur.com/Ce0JNIW.jpeg
View Quote

Looks like the Dagger LAR V rebreather.  It was already several years in service replacing the CR1000 when I graduated CDQC in 85'
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 12:13:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Apec] [#10]

Very interesting, I wasn't expecting to see the KDG ACR stock in use on an issued gun in the wild

When a Mk17 is swapped to the 5.56 kit, are the optics also swapped for 5.56 BDC versions (for Elcans and such), or not?
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Apec:

Very interesting, I wasn't expecting to see the KDG ACR stock in use on an issued gun in the wild

When a Mk17 is swapped to the 5.56 kit, are the optics also swapped for 5.56 BDC versions (for Elcans and such), or not?
View Quote
I would venture to guess they just use whatever they have issued to them.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/5/2024 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/IMG_7741_jpeg-3233125.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Apec:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/IMG_7741_jpeg-3233125.JPG

Probably and if you use mk262 the 7.62 Elcan BDC works better than the 5.56 anyway.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Thinking about getting rid of this one for a 20 MOA mount for my 20S.  Any interest here?

Link Posted: 6/11/2024 12:53:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#14]
If we were able to get a clone of FN QD 701 (MK17 cans) done would any one be interested?

It would be (hopefully) the exact same just not marked FN but made by the OEM of the QD 701.

Additionally, @Combat_Diver are you able to post some detailed pics on the QD 701 cans?
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 5:42:47 AM EDT
[#15]
If we were able to get a clone of FN QD 701 (MK17 cans) done would any one be interested?

It would be (hopefully) the exact same just not marked FN but made by the OEM of the QD 701.

Additionally, @Combat_Diver are you able to post some detailed pics on the QD 701 cans?
View Quote

I'll see what I can do.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 12:30:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#16]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

I'll see what I can do.
View Quote
Able to get sent some by another member! Appreciate it!

Pic for the thread:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/13/2024 1:31:10 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Possibly.

I would suggest they engrave their info in a discreet location so one could clone the FN markings in the proper location.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 1:18:04 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

The QD701 and QD502 series of suppressors were made in house by FN, not an OEM.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 2:46:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#20]
So what company is willing to clone it?  I’m just a little confused because you said “oem”
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ZM_USMC:

The QD701 and QD502 series of suppressors were made in house by FN, not an OEM.
View Quote
That is not what B&T has said.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 9:35:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: plaidium] [#22]
I've also heard that they are made by B&T.

Picture Thread
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#23]
If B&T does in fact make them, considering their new initiative to offer all products they've ever made, can't you just order one from B&T? They said the whole initiative had cloners in mind.

I know they're already producing Rotex III & V for Euro cloners.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By plaidium:
If B&T does in fact make them, considering their new initiative to offer all products they've ever made, can't you just order one from B&T? They said the whole initiative had cloners in mind.

I know they're already producing Rotex III & V for Euro cloners.
View Quote
That is what we are doing but they need a batch order of at least 50 units.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 11:03:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#25]
I recall b&t saying that if there was a can that they could manufacture for cloners, they would.  They even said if you wanted one or 100 they could do it.  Wonder why they said 50-75 other than keeping the cost down.

@lsujon

What’s the tally up for the amount of people/ cans currently?
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

I'll see what I can do.
View Quote

Even though LsuJon got the photos he needed, it'd still be great if you could get detailed photos. Thanks in advance.

There are basically none on the internet that are close up, full length, and/or full circumference.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By brodband8:
I recall b&t saying that if there was a can that they could manufacture for cloners, they would.  They even said if you wanted one or 100 they could do it.  Wonder why they said 50-75 other than keeping the cost down.

@lsujon

What's the tally up for the amount of people/ cans currently?
View Quote
I don't currently have a hard list of people interested but there seems to be enough to where I think it's worth perusing. So here is the plan moving forward

Through various social medias we'll be making the announcement in the next couple of days with the details and for those who are interested to contact us. Once we reach 50+, ideally 75-100, we will then reach out to B&T. B&T has said they have to dig up the plans for the can as it was B&T Switzerland who made them for SOCOM. Using the reference pics we will see exactly how close B&T gets to the socom cans. If it's just too far we will probably abandon the project, as the whole point of this is for us cloners. But if it's good 2 good we will proceed.

Here is were I believe we will loose the non serious buyers, as with the current dealer we have been talking with can't foot the bill for 50-100 cans, we (I say we but I mean the dealer) will then be taking pre order of 50% down. This can obviously change but so far this is what we have discussed.

B&t has said that the price should be similar to the recent Rotex cans and that this will be a pretty long process. I'm expecting it to be year +.

Link Posted: 6/14/2024 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By plaidium:

Even though LsuJon got the photos he needed, it'd still be great if you could get detailed photos. Thanks in advance.

There are basically none on the internet that are close up, full length, and/or full circumference.
View Quote
Don't worry I got permission to share.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/14/2024 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#31]
And my current mk17 clone for fun
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/14/2024 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't currently have a hard list of people interested but there seems to be enough to where I think it's worth perusing. So here is the plan moving forward

Through various social medias we'll be making the announcement in the next couple of days with the details and for those who are interested to contact us. Once we reach 50+, ideally 75-100, we will then reach out to B&T. B&T has said they have to dig up the plans for the can as it was B&T Switzerland who made them for SOCOM. Using the reference pics we will see exactly how close B&T gets to the socom cans. If it's just too far we will probably abandon the project, as the whole point of this is for us cloners. But if it's good 2 good we will proceed.

Here is were I believe we will loose the non serious buyers, as with the current dealer we have been talking with can't foot the bill for 50-100 cans, we (I say we but I mean the dealer) will then be taking pre order of 50% down. This can obviously change but so far this is what we have discussed.

B&t has said that the price should be similar to the recent Rotex cans and that this will be a pretty long process. I'm expecting it to be year +.

View Quote

Subscribed for sure, would love for that project to take hold, good luck!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 7:13:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Don't worry I got permission to share.
View Quote

Thanks, brother. Exactly what I was hoping for.

So, do we know exactly what preliminary work is B&T is going to have to do before it’s full off to the races? You said they’re going to have to talk to Switzerland and will proceed depending on how close they get.

Is this just drawings, drawings and CAD work, or CAD and prototyping some? Basically how much/what kind of verification work before the kickoff decision?

Understand if you can’t share or discussions haven’t gotten that far.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 8:00:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I'm curious about how it attaches. Is it like the KAC cans that push out a locking mechanism as you tighten the collar?
View Quote

You spin the collar and it pushes in 3 pieces of metal against the flats on the back of the fh
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 8:34:09 PM EDT
[#36]

You spin the collar and it pushes in 3 pieces of metal against the flats on the back of the fh
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I'm curious about how it attaches. Is it like the KAC cans that push out a locking mechanism as you tighten the collar?

Ahhhh, ok. Makes sense now.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Well finally took a visit to go see my SSR can and see how it looks mounted. First impressions was it's ridiculously light, appears to be unshot or very low round count and looks pretty badass. When mounted it seems to be tightening on the shoulder of the barrel step and is pretty cool. I think optic wise I'd like to end up with an NSX 3.5-15 nav-spec, figure out bipod mount, bipod, wmx1000, peq15 and find a case. It would be just as impressive as my issued Mk12 upper and case.

Link Posted: 6/15/2024 12:05:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Well finally took a visit to go see my SSR can and see how it looks mounted. First impressions was it's ridiculously light, appears to be unshot or very low round count and looks pretty badass. When mounted it seems to be tightening on the shoulder of the barrel step and is pretty cool. I think optic wise I'd like to end up with an NSX 3.5-15 nav-spec, figure out bipod mount, bipod, wmx1000, peq15 and find a case. It would be just as impressive as my issued Mk12 upper and case.

https://i.imgur.com/ZDGjW3q.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/878trYM.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/YmWBRMq.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/oNUbtu0.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/6h1NCOC.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/bN7rTCj.jpeghttps://i.imgur.com/b7RdaNU.jpeg
View Quote

Looks great! Add an earlier fully textured Hogue to your list. Easy enough to find, cheap and a nice aesthetic win.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 1:57:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#40]
That is not what B&T has said.
View Quote

B&T only provided suppressors to FN Herstal for European contracts, nothing to do with the QD502 and 701 for SOCOM.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#41]

B&T only provided suppressors to FN Herstal for European contracts, nothing to do with the QD502 and 701 for SOCOM.
View Quote
There rep is claiming they did. As we move further along we will find out if they did or not.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Same as what B&T told me a few weeks ago.  Hopefully we are wrong.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Two things…

I regret selling my 17 now. Would be cool to have that style suppressor.

Also, if you follow NF IG, they’re releasing the 2.5-10x24 on Monday (hence the 24th) (also I mean it’s a hint but it’s a given they’re releasing it)
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 1:16:29 PM EDT
[#44]
The 701 is cool, but we all know everyone wants a SCAR SD lookalike. It's a shame they have zero interest in making an external clone that sucks less.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By CKxx:
The 701 is cool, but we all know everyone wants a SCAR SD lookalike. It's a shame they have zero interest in making an external clone that sucks less.
View Quote

Yeah, that instagram post was an april fools joke unfortunately lol.

Link Posted: 6/18/2024 2:25:42 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CKxx:

There is still hope for the SD, but I am personally not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#47]
There is still hope for the SD, but I am personally not holding my breath.
View Quote

AAC just told me the can won’t happen.  So I asked them about the April 1st post and they said it was completely a joke.  

Idk anymore
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#48]

https://i.imgur.com/ZDGjW3q.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/878trYM.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/YmWBRMq.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/oNUbtu0.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/6h1NCOC.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/bN7rTCj.jpeghttps://i.imgur.com/b7RdaNU.jpeg
View Quote

Super cool! That was a great score.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 7:29:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: plaidium] [#50]

AAC just told me the can won’t happen.  So I asked them about the April 1st post and they said it was completely a joke.  

Idk anymore
View Quote

Any particular reason why?

Tooling, lack of interest. costs, all of the above, etc.?
Page / 41
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top