Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2013 9:48:43 AM EDT
My AUG NATO was shipped with two slings, one nice one with attachment points and swivels with a decent pad (apparently meant for the bag), and one normal one.  

How exactly is the "normal" one supposed to work with the gun?  Is it supposed to be a single point sling?  It seems way too short for any other use.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 10:02:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you get the Steyr carrying case with it? I think the padded sling is for the carrying case.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Did you get the Steyr carrying case with it? I think the padded sling is for the carrying case.

Yes I got the case and was assuming they all come with it?

lol makes sense.  Mine is on my gun as I won't use the carrying case anyway.

So what is the intended purpose of the sling meant for the gun?

Leave it to the gun manufacture to give a shitty sling with a $2000 rifle and a nice (relative) sling for a $20 soft case.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#3]
That "shitty sling" is the same sling that Steyr has used since the 70's.

The webbing material is better today and they are using a metal ring (before it was plastic).
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The webbing material is better today and they are using a metal ring (before it was plastic).

So is the shitty sling supposed to be meant as a single point sling?

It does lock surprisingly well.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So is the shitty sling supposed to be meant as a single point sling?

It does lock surprisingly well.

lol, no.

It is a two point sling.

1. Take the locking buckle off the sling.
2. Slide the webbing through the sling swivel on the rear stock pin sling swivel.
3. Slide the webbing through the metal ring of the sling (which now has attached the sling to the rear pin).
4. Slide the buckle onto the webbing.
5. Slide the webbing through the sling swivel on the receiver and through the buckle.

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 2:01:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the step by step, so charging handle interference shouldn't be an issue (well definitely not for me shooting paper )?  It just doesn't seem right, and it's not long enough to transition the rifle with sling wrapped to the ejection port side.

Oh well, I'll get used to it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 2:07:18 PM EDT
[#7]
If you let the sling ride underneath the stock between the forward grip and pistol grip (from right to left), there will be no interference with the charging handle.

Like this:

Link Posted: 3/26/2013 12:56:03 PM EDT
[#8]
My Friend had me para cord it to the rear scope leg (which works amazing kind of like the old Vietnam era field expedient sling) but I would not know ow that would work on an a3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top