Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2013 6:54:53 AM EDT
Hi everyone, thank you for the opinions. Some comments from my side… The handguard (for 550 mm and 508 mm barrels) is produced from the whole piece aluminum applied in aircraft building. It is installed instead of a standard handle and is fixed by a nipple at the end of the barrel.Handguard’s special design allows servicing gas piston without removing the handguard itself. It also allows using a release button and is removed together with the barrel. The weight without side rails is 350 gram. Bipods, forend grip could be fixed on the rails. Moreover, the hand guard allows holding AUG in the hands in max comfortable position. At the distance of 100 meters, no influence on hit point displacement is detected. The handguard can be without side rails, the side rails can be used when necessary. In case on any questions do not hesitate to contact me personally.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1234188_168260740046324_584107663_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/530541_168289270043471_1753074452_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1236576_168289306710134_614011030_n.jpg
http://forum.guns.ru/forums/icons/forum_pictures/007625/thm/7625634.jpg
http://forum.guns.ru/forums/icons/forum_pictures/007992/thm/7992578.jpg
http://forum.guns.ru/forums/icons/forum_pictures/007992/thm/7992580.jpg
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 7:22:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting.  
It would allow 'good' light placement.  
What's holding it on?
How much does it weigh?  Does it affect the balance of the AUG much?
Expected cost?

It obviously negates the use of the quick barrel removal as well as the OE folding VFG, but I could see this possibly allowing a better freehand long distance stance than the original, or of course, for those really liking adding crap onto their guns.. ;)
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 1:49:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting.  
What's holding it on?
Expected cost?

It obviously negates the use of the quick barrel removal as well as the OE folding VFG, but I could see this possibly allowing a better freehand long distance stance than the original, or of course, for those really liking adding crap onto their guns.. ;)
View Quote

You sure?
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You sure?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting.  
What's holding it on?
Expected cost?

You sure?

+1

As long as the top cut allows the barrel to rotate 15 degrees the QD feature will work fine.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#4]
looks like a quality product. just not really my taste.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 3:32:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You sure?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting.  
What's holding it on?
Expected cost?

You sure?

Guess not - not sure if that second pic in the thread was there before or not now. :)
It still looks as if the 'cutout' on the top of it wraps the OE rail though, which would seem to not let it rotate.. ??
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks nice. Mine will wearing  the SPX suppressor non stop.. so I cant use this.... maybe this justifies the purchase of another AUG
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 5:14:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Pretty nice work there. it's just not my cup of tea. It would make a nice add on for a SPR style AUG.

Link Posted: 9/23/2013 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looks nice. Mine will wearing  the SPX suppressor non stop.. so I cant use this.... maybe this justifies the purchase of another AUG
View Quote

I once had a spare stock turn into an extra AUG...

Link Posted: 9/24/2013 12:38:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't love it, but i do love to see innovation. Good job thinking outside the box
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 2:33:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Hi everyone, thank you for the opinions. Some comments from my side… The handguard (for 550 mm and 508 mm barrels) is produced from the whole piece aluminum applied in aircraft building. It is installed instead of a standard handle and is fixed by a nipple at the end of the barrel.Handguard’s special design allows servicing gas piston without removing the handguard itself. It also allows using a release button and is removed together with the barrel. The weight without side rails is 350 gram. Bipods, forend grip could be fixed on the rails. Moreover, the hand guard allows holding AUG in the hands in max comfortable position. At the distance of 100 meters, no influence on hit point displacement is detected. The handguard can be without side rails, the side rails can be used when necessary. In case on any questions do not hesitate to contact me personally.
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 5:23:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 5:49:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
GDO, please read the rules concerning advertising here and make sure you adhere to them.
View Quote

The Ukraine has a fairly decent community of shooters and the AUG Z is popular over there.

I would suspect from his posts that his product is intended for the Eastern Hemisphere and that GDO was merely commenting on his design rather than marketing it to Western Hemisphere members...
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 7:57:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm assuming this is easily reversed, in the event you'd like to go back to the original Steyr VFG setup?

I'm liking it the more I look at it!
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 1:56:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Very cool design, thank you for sharing this. Is your AUG A3 semiauto or select-fire/fullauto? How hot does the handguard become with sustained firing?
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 12:51:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm assuming this is easily reversed, in the event you'd like to go back to the original Steyr VFG setup?

I'm liking it the more I look at it!
View Quote

In case of necessity, you can take the handguard off. Thereto you should step by step:
1.turn the compensator and next nipple off
2. take the frontal centering washer off
3.extract the pin which fixing the handguard at the VFG attaching point
That’s all )))
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 1:05:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Very cool design, thank you for sharing this. Is your AUG A3 semiauto or select-fire/fullauto? How hot does the handguard become with sustained firing?
View Quote

In our country we allowed to possess only by semi-auto arms. The handguard does not heat during the shooting.
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 3:59:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:34:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Do you have this with a 16" barrel?

I would love to see how it looks like that
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 10:56:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Please post a 16 in barrel pic on here. Not everyone does Facebook.
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Hi! We have not 16 barrels in Ukraine, that's why we don't produce the handguard for such barrel.
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 3:21:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Looking good!

I would love to see a shorter version for use on a 16" barrel that incorporates the factory Steyr vertical grip (but non-folding). Maybe with Keymod attachment points. Would allow a Surefire m300 or x300 to be mounted at either the 12 o'clock or 9 o'clock position the ability for thumb activation.
Link Posted: 12/23/2013 5:54:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Hello!In our country the 16’’ barrels are prohibited, but I could develop and produce the handguard for such barrel if somebody provides me the necessary dimensions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top