Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2015 11:06:49 AM EDT
I am in the mood for a 45 ACP carbine

I have not seen an official designation for the LWRC.
Will use H&K UMP magazines.
US manufactured.
2016 is the "projected" release time frame.
Not much information available.

B&T APC45
available now in the US as a pistol
proprietary magazines - expensive
imported to the US in small quantities at a time
folding stocks available  - then register as SBR
trigger parts are to be compatible with AR15 parts
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:01:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to wait for the LWRC.  I'm planning on doing a Glock mag 45 ACP AR soon though.  It'll help with the wait for the LWRC.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:16:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Is there a SBR version of the DI 45?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:10:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think the APC45 is going to do too well here.  $139.95 25 round magazines are one reason.  The lack of exposure of the American shooting public to the B+T brand is also limited.

$2789.00 for the weapon and one magazine
$419.85 for THREE magazines
$149.95 for the B+T APC stock
$200 for the stamp

$3558.80 for a APC45 SBR with FOUR magazines.

That hurts even by HK standards.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:42:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree - I was speaking with B&T about my dealer (I work all of his shows) becoming one of their dealers but I didn't like their responses.  He mentioned that B&T will tend to kill off products that don't get significant sales quickly.  Perfectly understandable but a super expensive range toy (lets face it, that's what this is) is going to have slow sales, and I'd be worried as a dealer having a gun show up for 1/2 off with CDNN when B&T figures out that people won't usually drop that kind of coin on their product.  As a gun owner, if/when this gun gets dropped, finding parts or magazines will be next to impossible.  $140 for a magazine would kill off any interest buyers would have in this gun.  I'd be much more willing to bet that LWRC will market and support their gun.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I agree - I was speaking with B&T about my dealer (I work all of his shows) becoming one of their dealers but I didn't like their responses.  He mentioned that B&T will tend to kill off products that don't get significant sales quickly.  Perfectly understandable but a super expensive range toy (lets face it, that's what this is) is going to have slow sales, and I'd be worried as a dealer having a gun show up for 1/2 off with CDNN when B&T figures out that people won't usually drop that kind of coin on their product.  As a gun owner, if/when this gun gets dropped, finding parts or magazines will be next to impossible.  $140 for a magazine would kill off any interest buyers would have in this gun.  I'd be much more willing to bet that LWRC will market and support their gun.
View Quote

Yeah they have a bunch of discontinued rail systems that go for a mint if it's the specific one your heart desires.  You would have to move a lot of Title II weapons IMHO to be a successfully B&T dealer; your customers are going to need to have expensive taste and the wallet to back it up!

Furthermore, I don't think that the .45 ACP chambering will really help overseas sales.  Being a military cartridge automatically bars it from many markets.  The .45 ACP (11.43×23mm for everyone else ) just isn't going to be a choice for Euro police agencies replacing their MP5s. Yeah, it suppresses really well, but, $140 for a magazine?  Swiss crack must be strong.  

As far as the  CDNN clearance goes........I CALL DIBS ON THE MP9 MAGAZINES !!!! LOL
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:01:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:57:21 PM EDT
[#8]
For those interested in HK UMP mags, they are on sale at the HK webshop for ~$43 per mag.

There's something about the APC that has me hooked, but I'd prefer the 9mm version.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 1:08:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ever consider a DI 45 ?

<a href="http://s368.photobucket.com/user/MadMachinist/media/My%20personal%20CNC%2045_zps3wgypmge.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/MadMachinist/My%20personal%20CNC%2045_zps3wgypmge.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s368.photobucket.com/user/MadMachinist/media/MynewAR45_zpsd8b592fd.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/MadMachinist/MynewAR45_zpsd8b592fd.jpg</a>
View Quote

with all due respect sir, it is the stoner gas system, not DI.

well, maybe you just have to say DI for practical reasons.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 1:11:12 AM EDT
[#10]
is that LWRC blowback or gassed or something else?  if so, i would consider a gas operated 45 cal ar to keep the action recoil down.

the blowback UMP was a real step backwards from the MP5/10 series IMO.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 6:50:22 AM EDT
[#11]
The lwrc Is  a delayed blowback.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:49:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't think the APC45 is going to do too well here.  $139.95 25 round magazines are one reason.  The lack of exposure of the American shooting public to the B+T brand is also limited.

$200 for the stamp

View Quote

Not doubting it may be pricey, but their asking price is absurd. I know Switzerland has high wages, but they can't be that high. They seem adverse to making money it seems.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 3:31:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not doubting it may be pricey, but their asking price is absurd. I know Switzerland has high wages, but they can't be that high. They seem adverse to making money it seems.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$200 for the stamp

I agree.  When the weapon costs over a tenth of what many Americans earn each, it may be too much for the market.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top