Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2017 1:42:04 PM EDT
Hello,

Below is a video of the CZ Scorpion pistol with the factory carbine stock and a threaded Omega 9k. At 2:25 he mentions that he uses a wrench to remove the suppressor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkunPln3piQ&t=1020s

Does anyone run this gun with a 3 lug adapter and the Omega 9k? Id like to know if enough of the suppressor is exposed so that i can remove and attach it without any tools.

Thanks in advance,
-Z
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 6:21:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
At 2:25 he mentions that he uses a wrench to remove the suppressor.
View Quote
...because he's direct threading and it will get carbon'd on. I don't see how he's effectively using a strap wrench with that much of the can exposed either.

He never said he was running a 3-lug.

That's also the most retarded Scorpion setup I have ever seen to date... but hey, if it works for the Colonel...

;)
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#2]
i actually own a the omega 9k with a 3 lug adapter and was hoping it would stick the 9k out far enough so that i can use my hands. i know i could not with the setup in the video but i know that the scorpion 3 lug would add considerable length to the pistol, but not sure if enough.

ugly plastic 9mm sub gun. love it!
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 4:25:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I use a 3 lug with the Rugged Obsidian on my Evo. A friend of mine let me put his Omega 9k on my Evo and the can sat almost flush with the carbine hand guard. To get it off, I made sure the weapon was clear and used the palm of my hand to push down and twist it off.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 10:24:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

...because he's direct threading and it will get carbon'd on. I don't see how he's effectively using a strap wrench with that much of the can exposed either.

He never said he was running a 3-lug.

That's also the most retarded Scorpion setup I have ever seen to date... but hey, if it works for the Colonel...

;)
View Quote
Why retarded just curious? I think the 9k is perfect for this type of setup
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:59:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Why retarded just curious?
View Quote
I get that it's his job to sell crap, and that he needs to cobble together all the "downgrades" into one gun and then video it, but the downgrades he has chosen are particularly poor. For example:

1) AK stock raises the comb height preventing the use of OEM factory sights and necessitates the use of AR-height optics, increasing HOB and making the total package considerably larger/ taller. This is the opposite of what a folding stock is supposed to do. The Colonel gets around this by going face-mash but this is not comfortable, and also slows down reflexive fire.

2) Low quality 3D printed grip- creates improper ergonomics with respect to the safety, which is then addressed by adding another aftermarket part that deletes the ambi capability and slows down your ability to shoot and move.

3) Long plastic handguards, silencer underneath- creates heat transfer to the guards, the long term effects of which are still unknown, keeps you stuck on the longer length, even if you remove the suppressor... or keeps you stuck on "suppressed" even if you're shooting around unsuppressed weapons... neither of which is ideal. As a small plus, provides a "roll cage" for the suppressor if contacting a window or door frame.

4) World's Worst Suppressor! Omega 9k is an ugly little thing, non-user-serviceable, low gas volume, with no extension or extra baffles... and I love Silencerco! When I first saw the thing, I said DAMN! these guys are going to take over the world with this $50 welded stack, no-tube suppressor! Then I found out they were asking over $100! (a lot more!). This is why people buy Revo-9 (which I do... and I don't really like Griffin...)
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 11:01:51 PM EDT
[#6]
when i said "factory carbine stock" i meant the hand guard in my original post.

the plan was a Scorpion to be my only pcc that would stay in braced pistol form, no irons, always suppressed. maybe change out the safety and grip. the ugliness has a certain charm. like a bulldog maybe. the plan has since been scrapped.

i love the omega 9k. quiet enough and the length and weight are perfect for 9mm PCCs IMO.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 12:15:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I get that it's his job to sell crap, and that he needs to cobble together all the "downgrades" into one gun and then video it, but the downgrades he has chosen are particularly poor. For example:

1) AK stock raises the comb height preventing the use of OEM factory sights and necessitates the use of AR-height optics, increasing HOB and making the total package considerably larger/ taller. This is the opposite of what a folding stock is supposed to do. The Colonel gets around this by going face-mash but this is not comfortable, and also slows down reflexive fire.

2) Low quality 3D printed grip- creates improper ergonomics with respect to the safety, which is then addressed by adding another aftermarket part that deletes the ambi capability and slows down your ability to shoot and move.

3) Long plastic handguards, silencer underneath- creates heat transfer to the guards, the long term effects of which are still unknown, keeps you stuck on the longer length, even if you remove the suppressor... or keeps you stuck on "suppressed" even if you're shooting around unsuppressed weapons... neither of which is ideal. As a small plus, provides a "roll cage" for the suppressor if contacting a window or door frame.

4) World's Worst Suppressor! Omega 9k is an ugly little thing, non-user-serviceable, low gas volume, with no extension or extra baffles... and I love Silencerco! When I first saw the thing, I said DAMN! these guys are going to take over the world with this $50 welded stack, no-tube suppressor! Then I found out they were asking over $100! (a lot more!). This is why people buy Revo-9 (which I do... and I don't really like Griffin...)
View Quote
Thanks man! Love hearing the other side of things. I did end up going with the 9K for my dedicated evo can.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 12:16:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
when i said "factory carbine stock" i meant the hand guard in my original post.

the plan was a Scorpion to be my only pcc that would stay in braced pistol form, no irons, always suppressed. maybe change out the safety and grip. the ugliness has a certain charm. like a bulldog maybe. the plan has since been scrapped.

i love the omega 9k. quiet enough and the length and weight are perfect for 9mm PCCs IMO.
View Quote
Hearing safe on subs and supers?
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 1:48:51 AM EDT
[#9]
124gr AE subsonics in a z5rs are very quiet. 115 and normal 124s are hearing safe but long term damage can occur after repeated exposure to sound less than 100 db so i cover up the rare times that i shoot supersonic through it. ive never tested the levels but i dont doubt the specs on silencerco website.

i know that camera mics mute the gunshot but 115gr is being fired at 13:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BjhoXZZr4I
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 3:36:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sounds like someone doesn't like MAC...LOL!

Do you actually own a Scorpion?
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 6:09:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sounds like someone doesn't like MAC...LOL!

Do you actually own a Scorpion?
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hello,

Below is a video of the CZ Scorpion pistol with the factory carbine stock and a threaded Omega 9k. At 2:25 he mentions that he uses a wrench to remove the suppressor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkunPln3piQ&t=1020s

Does anyone run this gun with a 3 lug adapter and the Omega 9k? Id like to know if enough of the suppressor is exposed so that i can remove and attach it without any tools.

Thanks in advance,
-Z
View Quote
Can’t get the link to work so have no way to comment.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 12:11:36 PM EDT
[#13]
So, here’s my 2cents as someone who owns 10+ “sub guns” and more than 30 silencers: putting a silencer under a hand guard is not a great idea, especially if you want to remove it. I don’t know why Tim put the 9K under there - it looks cool, but you’re asking for trouble for removals. This can be mitigated with a 3-lug sometimes, which I have done, but it’s allot of trouble. This biggest issue is heat buildup. I know the Scorpion is a particularly high-temp polymer, but dump 5-6 mags through that setup and you’re going to melt the handguard.

As for the 9K, it’s an exceptional can.  I use mine on a B&T P26 and an Uzi Pro. It’s got a wonderful tone and is more than capable of dropping 147gr to not just hearing safe, but very comfortable levels, even indoors. It’s is so-so on a pistol. I have put it on a Shield and a G19 and it’s just not as low-toned with a short barrel and a Browning action.  I’ve compared it to my other preferred pistol cans (Osprey, Rev. 45, Octane, TiRant, Evo and Multimount) and it holds its own on sub guns, but doesn’t compare to pistols.

As for user serviceability, the 9K is a tank and shouldn’t need anything beyond cleaning the threads unless you’re shooting cast lead. That said, the little sucker is iconel or stellite- dunk it in the dip and blow it out or put it in a sonic cleaner. The worse that will happen is you muck up the cerakote, but you probably won’t.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:01:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So, here’s my 2cents as someone who owns 10+ “sub guns” and more than 30 silencers: putting a silencer under a hand guard is not a great idea, especially if you want to remove it. I don’t know why Tim put the 9K under there - it looks cool, but you’re asking for trouble for removals. This can be mitigated with a 3-lug sometimes, which I have done, but it’s allot of trouble. This biggest issue is heat buildup. I know the Scorpion is a particularly high-temp polymer, but dump 5-6 mags through that setup and you’re going to melt the handguard.

As for the 9K, it’s an exceptional can.  I use mine on a B&T P26 and an Uzi Pro. It’s got a wonderful tone and is more than capable of dropping 147gr to not just hearing safe, but very comfortable levels, even indoors. It’s is so-so on a pistol. I have put it on a Shield and a G19 and it’s just not as low-toned with a short barrel and a Browning action.  I’ve compared it to my other preferred pistol cans (Osprey, Rev. 45, Octane, TiRant, Evo and Multimount) and it holds its own on sub guns, but doesn’t compare to pistols.

As for user serviceability, the 9K is a tank and shouldn’t need anything beyond cleaning the threads unless you’re shooting cast lead. That said, the little sucker is iconel or stellite- dunk it in the dip and blow it out or put it in a sonic cleaner. The worse that will happen is you muck up the cerakote, but you probably won’t.
View Quote
Mah Ninja....

1) Nobody is going to listen to professionals or experienced subgun users on this site. Despite all the drawbacks, suppressors under guards have been declared "duh new hawtness" by Youtube celebs, Millenial "Influencers," and trendsetting beardo hipsters. Most of these guys shoot their guns with an iPhone-whatever for the Instagram more than they shoot their guns on the range anyway. Does it matter what 6 mags do when you only own 2 mags and just take your weapon out on Thanksgiving to scare your liberal brother in law?

2) Omega 9K is indeed exceptional- it should be the first can "excepted" from the list when shopping for a compact 9mm suppressor. Too many drawbacks in terms of serviceability, modularity, and configurability. Seriously- Revo9 eats it's lunch and I've heard both cans in different environments.

3) I've never used cast lead 9mm, but what if you want to go .22 for a day for some crazy reason? What if you're a true maniac and want to fab an extra endcap for some smaller caliber? Suppose I want to go long for max quiet? All of those options are unavailable to the Omega 9k user. And the dunk, dip, vibe, and blow??? Homeyplease... tear the can down, clean it up, inspect the serviceability of it's components, reassemble, and go.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 1:23:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

2) Omega 9K is indeed exceptional- it should be the first can "excepted" from the list when shopping for a compact 9mm suppressor. Too many drawbacks in terms of serviceability, modularity, and configurability. Seriously- Revo9 eats it's lunch and I've heard both cans in different environments.
View Quote
you consider a 7.5" revo to be compact?

you know we are talking about suppressing a 9mm round right? you dont need modularity or configurabilty. just a 3 lug adapter and more 9mm PCCs with 3 lugs.

as for the question posted above, do you own a scorpion? and if so, have you tried the "downgrades" that you bashed or are you assuming? have you used a omega 9k or are you just an armchair reviewer? did any kids walk on your lawn today?
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

you know we are talking about suppressing a 9mm round right? you dont need modularity or configurabilty. just a 3 lug adapter and more 9mm PCCs with 3 lugs.

as for the question posted above, do you own a scorpion? and if so, have you tried the "downgrades" that you bashed or are you assuming? have you used a omega 9k or are you just an armchair reviewer? did any kids walk on your lawn today?
View Quote
Reading comprehension skills are low.

I blame those new "vape" things...
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:07:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/31/2017 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Maynard - have you seen this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6r7ilcuVmg
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Of course I have silly.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
He's the man!!! Glad I was blessed to see him live twice in '17!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top