User Panel

Best suppressor host PCC (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 7:22:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jm11513] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TactiCoolBro:

You’re upset at being called a fanboy?? LMAOO.
Well now it all makes sense.
Carry on.
View Quote

No, not upset, but you don't exactly need a remedial english class to know you were using it as an insult. You even used it multiple times. If it wasn't an insult, what was it?

You are the person who seems to have a problem with people who dare to enjoy the Mp5
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Jm11513:

No, not upset, but you don't exactly need a remedial english class to know you were using it as an insult. You even used it multiple times. If it wasn't an insult, what was it?

You are the person who seems to have a problem with people who dare to enjoy the Mp5
View Quote

Please keep going.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 8:30:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Not GD.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 8:34:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ninja99] [#4]
Originally Posted By CKxx:
Skip anything direct blow back, particularly AR-based guns.
View Quote

+1 on this. Direct blowback guns are not great suppressor hosts.

I have an YHM R9 for my PCC's. It shoots beautifully on my AP5-P.

I use it on an AR9 sometimes too. I've tuned it to shoot softer suppressed but hit a point where any more changes to mass and spring rate starts affecting unsupressed reliability. It's still super gassy and thumps hard.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 1:08:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ninja99:

I use it on an AR9 sometimes too. I've tuned it to shoot softer suppressed but hit a point where any more changes to mass and spring rate starts affecting unsupressed reliability. It's still super gassy and thumps hard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ninja99:
Originally Posted By CKxx:  Skip anything direct blow back, particularly AR-based guns.

I have a good sized Form 1 can, my recently sold Gen 2 SUB 2000 was pretty quiet w/ 147 grn WWB.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 8:13:45 AM EDT
[#6]
MP5 or CMMG radial delay. Maybe a stribog roller delay (no personal experience). Skip direct blowback AR PCCs.
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Bog a3 with 150gr syntech

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:12:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Not sure why all the hate on the MP5. Sure, it's an ancient design, but the decades that have passed have only given it time to prove why it is an icon. It has been involved in countless real-world scenarios and has proven its reliability over and over again. While I also own a CZ Scorpion and Sig MPX-K I don't trust either enough to replace the SP5 for HD use.

To top it off, guns don't need to have the approval of the peanut gallery to buy. Sometimes we just want to watch the best Christmas movie ever and do the HK slap.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 1:01:48 PM EDT
[#9]
My only 9mm pcc , I had a can laying around unused and it needed a host.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#10]
My pick for PPC

Link Posted: 8/21/2024 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By FullAssault:
My pick for PPC

https://i.imgur.com/kIyAoy3.jpeg
View Quote

Man that makes me want an F stock
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 7:54:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I don’t really get the “ lack of native red dot support” comment.  Sure, the receiver isn’t D&Td or milled for a red dot, but it’s not difficult to mount one at co witnesses with the sights.

I’m also admittedly old school as while I was issued an M16A1 I shot National match for years with M14s and M1As and I still prefer the M1A for longer range shooting.  Plus it just has more soul than the more modern Mattel guns.

I did have to bed the mount for the red dot to eliminate play, but when done the 50 yard accuracy is very good with XTPs and V-Crowns:

Even the standard white box 147 gr Winchesters did well.

100 yard accuracy was also very good.

So what more do you want:

- very good accuracy for the type;

- superb reliability;

- excellent manufacturer and after market parts and accessories support;

- suppresses extremely well;

- very smooth shooting; and

- an iconic design with a well proven combat and LEO agency record;

Link Posted: 9/1/2024 6:40:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JSchell1309] [#13]
MP5 is my #1 pick. It comes with me to every range session. R9 can and 147 hand loads and it’s the most pleasant gun to shot.

Very close second place is my 5.5” CMMG RDB with a Kynshot RB5005 buffer and Tubbs 5.56 flatware spring, per one of Amphibians recommendations. Just as pleasant as the MP5 and you get AR controls.

My buddy has the roller delayed Stribog and it’s also a great gun, hangs in there with the other two no problem.

Next 9mm is going to be a converted RIA bolt action.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Best suppressor host PCC (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top