Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2012 5:25:28 PM EDT
I just finished building a stand to mount my HF portable band saw to convert it into a vertical band saw.

There are few stands out there for other models (DeWalt, Milwalkee, etc.), but I didn't see very many for the Harbor Freight.  So, I did a little google-foo and looked at what other had done and came up with my own.

I plan on making a work piece table next to replace the small blade guide/guard that came with the saw.

More pictures can be seen here if you are interested: Harbor Freight Portable Band Saw Stand
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 5:41:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good. Nice job!
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.   I just got a MIG welder for Christmas and, believe it or not, it's my first welding job.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 4:41:51 PM EDT
[#3]

***UPDATE***
I made a work table out of 1/8" plate to mount to the bandsaw to give me a better surface to use during cutting.  
It's much better than the 'guide' that comes with the saw.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 4:14:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top