Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/22/2015 1:08:12 PM EDT
Ladies and Gents,
Let's see your DISCREET SBR cases. Interested in cases that don't look like gun cases, what is everyone using? Give a little bit of info on the gun too!
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]

I've seen tennis racket covers, hockey bags, and even musician stand bags.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:46:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Head to your local sporting goods store and browse their baseball bat, tennis racket, golf club, etc. sports bags.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:56:27 PM EDT
[#3]
It's an SBR. Put it in a backpack. There's nothing more discrete than a standard 2 pocket Jansport.

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:06:57 AM EDT
[#4]
http://www.shopnoveske.com/products/concealed-carry-backpack

Noveske rifle bag. Fits just fine.

I also use an Oakley school bag that's durable and can fit 2 sbr's if I break them down to upper and lower halves. The backpack is split in two, so one in each compartment while still being "slim"
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:18:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Walmart tennis racket bag fits sbr perfectly. Only $15
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 7:45:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I just purchased one of these for my pending form 1 and it seems to be very well built.

Sneaky Bags - Spyder

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 8:05:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got an old trade show swag bag that I use for my SBR'd Contender.  The Omega 30 fits in there too.

CHRIS

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Large Ukulele case is my fav. Don't have to take the SBR a part to fit.

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That's almost large enough to fit a 14.5" pinned rifle.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It will fit if you take out a little foam at the top of the case.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:35:10 AM EDT
[#11]
if youre willing to break the rifle down into uppper, lower and suppressor (if you have one) you can fit into just about anything. I personally just put mine in a pelican case with no gun related stickers or logos. Pelican doesnt just make gun cases, people use them for transporting and expensive and fragile equipment such as electronics, laboratory sample, art work, etc...
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:59:29 AM EDT
[#12]

+1 for the Sneaky Bag.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I use a LaRue MkII for my car. It will hold a folded up AMD-65 (what normally lives in there) or barely a 10.5 SBR, both with loaded 30rd mags in them. It doesn't look anything like a gun case.

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#14]
sneaky bag is kinda neat, but maybe at HALF the price that's listed at, holy crap
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 5:00:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I chuckle every time I read through this type of thread...because I can't remember the last time I've seen anybody carry a tennis racquet bag anywhere in public.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 5:07:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I have the eberlestock cherry bomb
I really like it but it gets tight when you try to pack anything in there in conjunction with your sbr. cant even fit a Gatorade bottle in there... that's my only bitch about it... that and I could use a little webbing on the exterior... for the water bottle... that's my only bitch... and that it's expensive... but that's my only

http://www.eberlestock.com/Cherry%20Bomb%20and%20Secret%20Weapon.html
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I chuckle every time I read through this type of thread...because I can't remember the last time I've seen anybody carry a tennis racquet bag anywhere in public.
View Quote

Yeah, most of us don't live in a retirement/uppity community where you might walk to tennis.
Now if it's just to hide in plain sight in the trunk of your car or back and forth from the house to the car, that's another story.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 9:42:32 PM EDT
[#18]
No pics, but the Sneaky Trick or Treat bags are awesome. They are courier bags designed to hold SBR, mags and gear. They come in several sizes. Very discrete and well designed/made.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 9:46:38 PM EDT
[#19]
For the musician in your family:

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#20]
I will never understand the appeal of buying a dedicated "concealed rifle" case from Noveske or others, for like $150+, when they still pretty much look like gun cases to anyone in the know, and an Umbro gym bag or Jansport backpack are like $20 at Walmart.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't have a picture of mine, but it's essentially this:
http://www.kungfu4less.com/martial-arts-bag-with-mesh.html

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I will never understand the appeal of buying a dedicated "concealed rifle" case from Noveske or others, for like $150+, when they still pretty much look like gun cases to anyone in the know, and an Umbro gym bag or Jansport backpack are like $20 at Walmart.
View Quote

Sure, maybe to "people in the know". That represents a very small pool of people in the population. The majority of sheeple out there are oblivious enough to their surroundings that they wouldn't take any extra notice of an actual rifle case, much less a "discreet" case. Personally I prefer to have rifle, mags and some extras secured firmly, yet accessible inside of a purpose built bag. To each his own though.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:57:56 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm sure that certain people see my 5.11 backpack and assume I have a gun in it. Sometimes I do.

On the same side of the coin, the people who recognize it I'm not worried about.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Hiding a rifle in plain sight works better than we all realize.

I'm hyper-aware of my surroundings, constantly watching people, looking at everything, etc. I was waiting in line at the bank one day, and had been there for about 10 minutes before I noticed the guy directly in front of me in line was open carrying a Glock. He was a plain clothes detective with his badge to his front where I couldn't see it. That was 6 years ago, and to this day I can't believe I missed that for 10 minutes. If I can miss something like that, you could probably walk through a crowded Walmart with an FAL strapped to your back and 80% of people wouldn't even see it right in front of their eyes.

So I guess my point is that as long as it's not a multicam case with exposed magazine pouches...anything will work.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm hyper-aware of my surroundings, constantly watching people, looking at everything, etc. I was waiting in line at the bank one day, and had been there for about 10 minutes before I noticed the guy directly in front of me in line was open carrying a Glock. He was a plain clothes detective with his badge to his front where I couldn't see it. That was 6 years ago, and to this day I can't believe I missed that for 10 minutes. If I can miss something like that, you could probably walk through a crowded Walmart with an FAL strapped to your back and 80% of people wouldn't even see it right in front of their eyes.

So I guess my point is that as long as it's not a multicam case with exposed magazine pouches...anything will work.
View Quote

No.

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:50:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
No.
View Quote

If I felt inclined to carry an SBR in an easily-accessible condition, I've got a 5.11 select carry bag.  Does it scream "long gun" to you?

I could go from slung, to ready to fire in around 5 seconds

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Wow, that was a really well-reasoned and useful response. I hope all of your contributions to this website are as articulate, informed, and detailed. Please, tell me more.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Wow, that was a really well-reasoned and useful response. I hope all of your contributions to this website are as articulate, informed, and detailed. Please, tell me more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

14ers gonna 14.

Unfortunately monosyllabic, mouth breathing responses like that find their way in to the technical forums.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If I felt inclined to carry an SBR in an easily-accessible condition, I've got a 5.11 select carry bag.  Does it scream "long gun" to you?

http://www.niton999.co.uk/account.images.shop/2881.ALT.03.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

First of all, I would immediately end any friendship with someone who willingly walked around with that goofy ass looking thing on their back. Secondly, for a "discreet" bag, that thing would call a ludicrous amount of attention to a person.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

First of all, I would immediately end any friendship with someone who willingly walked around with that goofy ass looking thing on their back. Secondly, for a "discreet" bag, that thing would call a ludicrous amount of attention to a person.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

With all the goofy crap people walk around with today, THAT would give you pause?  They come in other colors.

I wear it on the bike sometimes, all my junk in the back and a Glock in the chest pouch.

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
With all the goofy crap people walk around with today, THAT would give you pause?  They come in other colors.

I wear it on the bike sometimes, all my junk in the back and a Glock in the chest pouch.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/devtucker/45205025-20130407-152514.jpg

http://youtu.be/UmOlLtjnbP4
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/devtucker/45205025-20130407-152514.jpg

http://youtu.be/UmOlLtjnbP4

I agree, that 5:11 Select Carry bag looks great to me.

I have a Sneaky Bag and I'd trade it in a heartbeat for that sucker.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:42:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have a Sneaky Bag and I'd trade it in a heartbeat for that sucker.
View Quote

For a gun case, I would rather have the SneakyBag.
For something more discreet and versatile, I like the 5.11.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

First of all, you sound like a really, really shitty friend.  Secondly, it doesn't scream gun but as a general bag to be carrying around it's a little irregular looking.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:04:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

High quality dedicated weapons cases tend to be of heavier construction with places to store mags and accessories. Even high end backpacks don't really store a rifle, mags, suppressor, etc very well due to the fact that they were not designed with this role in mind.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:19:38 PM EDT
[#36]

If you are carrying that thing around and are not wearing McEnroe booty shorts, it's hardly discreet.

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:19:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
First of all, you sound like a really, really shitty friend.  Secondly, it doesn't scream gun but as a general bag to be carrying around it's a little irregular looking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And you sound really, really shitty at detecting exaggeration.

It may not scream "gun" but it definitely screams "scrutinize this huge weird-looking triangle attached to my back!"

Quoted:
High quality dedicated weapons cases tend to be of heavier construction with places to store mags and accessories. Even high end backpacks don't really store a rifle, mags, suppressor, etc very well due to the fact that they were not designed with this role in mind.

Yes, I'm aware of that. But the point of a discreet case is to be, well, discreet. The more you make it work like a regular gun case, the more it starts looking like a regular gun case. A short AR with silencer mounted and loaded mag inserted fits inside most of the non-gun bags mentioned above and is plenty secure for carrying it around on your back.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:10:47 AM EDT
[#38]

If only the spyder would fit my 11.5  but the 31" bag looks about the same

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:26:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yes, I'm aware of that. But the point of a discreet case is to be, well, discreet. The more you make it work like a regular gun case, the more it starts looking like a regular gun case. A short AR with silencer mounted and loaded mag inserted fits inside most of the non-gun bags mentioned above and is plenty secure for carrying it around on your back.
View Quote

I agree, many of the "discrete" cases are very obviously gun cases. The exception is the Sneaky Trick or Treat bag, which simply looks like a courier bag.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:03:35 PM EDT
[#40]
I drive mine around in a Toyota Prius.  Does that count as a discrete case?  It would fit right in at a Brady event.

Nobody expects the NFA Prius!
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:22:09 AM EDT
[#41]
I have used tennis racket bags, guitar (music) cases, then one day at a pawn shop I realized two things;  1. these bags, cases tell muggers, junkies, thieves you probably aren't armed.  2. they also imply you have some expensive musical instruments or sports gear, both of which are easily pawned and hard to trace.

Now I carry my rifles in Pelican cases, it screams "don't fuck with me!" because this is obviously a gun and I know how to use it.

Pelican cases also have eyelets for locks, so you can literally chain them down in your truck or car.

If you don't believe me, go to a pawn shop and see just how many musical instruments and sports gear they have for sale.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:24:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I have used tennis racket bags, guitar (music) cases, then one day at a pawn shop I realized two things;  1. these bags, cases tell muggers, junkies, thieves you probably aren't armed.  2. they also imply you have some expensive musical instruments or sports gear, both of which are easily pawned and hard to trace.

Now I carry my rifles in Pelican cases, it screams "don't fuck with me!" because this is obviously a gun and I know how to use it.

If you don't believe me, go to a pawn shop and see just how many musical instruments and sports gear they have for sale.
View Quote

Then they just wait until you're not near your vehicle and they pick it because they know there's probably a firearm in there.
That's about like loading up your car with gun stickers
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:25:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 5:18:37 AM EDT
[#44]
The only thing that I don't understand about this is that I have seen many people in FL ask about these bags, but at least in FL, even with a CCW it is illegal to conceal carry an SBR.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#45]
You'd be amazed at the places you can go with an MP5 in a black rectangular Eagle Industries "discreet" case. Amazed. People are clueless.

I see it as a few separate issues:

1) Being discreet around the sheep. (Almost anything will work).

2) Being discreet around those who are "switched on". (Your behavior patterns and actions will be more of a giveaway than any case you use).

3) Preventing the smash-and-grab thief. (Don't rely on obscurity for security).

Get a quality soft side case that isn't multicam and shaped like scoped rifle for transport.

Get a pelican case that you can chain in your trunk to prevent the opportunistic thief.

ETA: Humorous pic

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:18:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

The only thing that I don't understand about this is that I have seen many people in FL ask about these bags, but at least in FL, even with a CCW it is illegal to conceal carry an SBR.
View Quote

Not sure what that means.

You're saying that transporting an SBR in a discreet case is illegal, or that attempting to conceal an SBR on your person is illegal in FL?

If it's the former, I'm pretty sure there's nothing illegal about it. If its the latter, don't know any reasonable way to accomplish that in the 1st place.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You're saying that transporting an SBR in a discreet case is illegal, or that attempting to conceal an SBR on your person is illegal in FL?

If it's the former, I'm pretty sure there's nothing illegal about it. If its the latter, don't know any reasonable way to accomplish that in the 1st place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's saying that you could not go walking into a walmart with an SBR in a bag like you could a pistol inside the waistband.  
It's ok to and from auto from house, or range, friends house, your private business, etc...
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:01:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

He's saying that you could not go walking into a walmart with an SBR in a bag like you could a pistol inside the waistband.  
It's ok to and from auto from house, or range, friends house, your private business, etc...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought that FL concealed carry permit is a concealed weapon permit and that it does allow carry of rifles. It has been 15 years since I had a FL concealed carry permit, so my memory on this is a bit rusty.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I thought that FL concealed carry permit is a concealed weapon permit and that it does allow carry of rifles. It has been 15 years since I had a FL concealed carry permit, so my memory on this is a bit rusty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, short barreled rifles are not on that list of concealable items.

I was just saying, for all intensive purposes, carrying an SBR in a backpack for self defense is a no go in florida.  As the previous guy said, I can't just walk around with it in a backpack at walmart.  I couldn't even roam the street with it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:23:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I was just saying, for all intensive purposes, carrying an SBR in a backpack for self defense is a no go in florida.  As the previous guy said, I can't just walk around with it in a backpack at walmart.  I couldn't even roam the street with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Say whaaaaaaaa  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top