Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2015 1:37:23 AM EDT
Like to know how many of you men here installed a suppressor underneath the handguard and which handgaurd was it?

Most of the rails I really like are all about 1.3" I.D. where as the .30 cal suppressor I have looked at have a O.D. of 1.5"

So..in short, do people like the suppressor inside the handgaurd or not?  A better question would be is do I want my suppressor mounted inside my handgaurd?

Is there any benefit to having the handgaurd  encase the suppressor?  I am just not sure if I really like the looks of that kind of set up.  Any Thoughts??
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 2:21:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Seekings rails are the larger and commonly used ones.

Pro:  shorter overall length.

Con:  you have to make sure you can get the can on/off.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 2:30:00 AM EDT
[#2]
If you plan on doing that, Seekins will work fine.

As luck would have it Primary Arms is offering Seekins rails for $100
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 3:07:42 AM EDT
[#3]
When purchasing a handguard/rail for a 300 Blkout do I look at handgaurds for 5.56 rifles or 7.62/.308 handgaurds?

Where I am getting confused is do I need the larger handguard for the 300 barrel or can I still use regular 5.56 handguards?

AS for barrel nuts...I know that some handgaurds come with their own propriotory barrel nuts.  Will these proprioritory barrel nuts fit on standard A3/M$ upper receivers?
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 4:26:19 AM EDT
[#4]
You want a 5.56 rail and it will come with the correct hardware to interface with your (standard AR) lower.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:30:49 PM EDT
[#5]
The chief reason I recessed my suppressor inside the handguard is to keep the anti-seize on the threads of the QD flash hider on the threads and not all over me.  The handguard covers just enough of the flash hider that the anti-seize stays put and the handguard doesn't get hot when shooting:

Spike's BAR2 rail,  Noveske 9" barrel, YHM QD Ti Phantom.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 3:22:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The chief reason I recessed my suppressor inside the handguard is to keep the anti-seize on the threads of the QD flash hider on the threads and not all over me.  The handguard covers just enough of the flash hider that the anti-seize stays put and the handguard doesn't get hot when shooting:

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g465/sms355/blackoutBAR2a_zpsv2illqlm.jpg

View Quote

What? I am not understanding how the hand guard holds on anti-seize on your threads of your flash hider?
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 4:24:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm enjoying this setup right now. 8" SLR Solo hanguard over AAC 9" 300BLK barrel with Saker 762 mounted on trifecta flash hider.

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 7:29:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What? I am not understanding how the hand guard holds on anti-seize on your threads of your flash hider?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He means that the little extra that always gets everywhere stays under the handguard away from places that it could come into contact with.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:43:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm enjoying this setup right now. 8" SLR Solo hanguard over AAC 9" 300BLK barrel with Saker 762 mounted on trifecta flash hider.
View Quote

That is quite nice.  Have a saker on the way, have SBR lower, just need to build a 300 upper.  Will go with something like this.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:24:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup...that sure looks like what I want to do with My 300 BLK SBR.  Very nice!
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:17:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I used a JP/Vtac tube for my SBR with 8" barrel.  My SWR Omega 30 fits under it.  Having the tube longer gives a little more room for me to grab. I had an IR laser on the end of the rail on the tube for a while.  Used it with my helmet mounted PVS-14 for a late night critter gun for a while.

CHRIS

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Dedicated subsonic 300 BLK.

-8" CMMG barrel
-Octane 9 HD
-13" ALG EMR rail

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Dedicated subsonic 300 BLK.

-8" CMMG barrel
-Octane 9 HD
-13" ALG EMR rail

http://i.imgur.com/AmiiDDKh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/suPYPE4h.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tJFJxfKh.jpg
View Quote

Very nice setup.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got a 300blk 8" barrel under a YHM 12" rail.   It's what I has on hand so I used it.   I really like the way it is set up. I also have a Troy Alpha rail that I had a machine shop put in a lathe and open up it ID so that my Saker 7.62 would fit under. I'll post a few pics later.

Edit:

300BLK with 8" CMMG Barrel.

11" Troy Alpha with an 11.5" 5.56 Barrel

Link Posted: 6/21/2015 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I used a JP/Vtac tube for my SBR with 8" barrel.  My SWR Omega 30 fits under it.  Having the tube longer gives a little more room for me to grab. I had an IR laser on the end of the rail on the tube for a while.  Used it with my helmet mounted PVS-14 for a late night critter gun for a while.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Chrissopher/300blks_zpsexocmhht.jpg

CHRIS    
View Quote

I did the JP handguard as well with an AAC SDN-6 and it fits just fine under there.  9" rail with a 7.5" barrel
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 7:51:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top