BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 6:06:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By steve8140:
12.5” is the new hotness. I’m trying out one of the Roscoe/ Sage Dynamics 12.5” with “patrol” length gas system. So far a like it.

That said, I’m still very fond of my 10.5” and shoot it a lot.
View Quote

Aero has a new 12.5 mid length barrel and so far I’m impressed with it. Seems they did their homework on the gas port.

Just be forewarned there isn’t a ton of 12.5” barrels on the market but I had a 12.5” bcm carbine barrel and it was punchy and gassy as fuck with every combo of buffer. It’s kind of just a less developed space.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 9:49:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Green Mountain bbl blank

White Oak bbl extension & bolt

Send all 3 to Paladin Machine of South Carolina w/ your specs, including gas port diameter & location.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm on the 12.5" train. My first SBR back in 2011 was an 11.5" BCM. It was awesome and I liked it well enough. However, I don't have it anymore. Then I built a 10.3" gun and it is nice and compact. I was shocked how much different it felt from the 11.5", but that could have also been that it was lighter. That is my wife's HD gun and a Turbo T2 resides on it. I replaced my 11.5" with a 7.5" 300 blk. My next go to was a P&W 13.7". That was replaced with a 12.5" build. I REALLY like that length. The data really does show that it is the best all around length, IMO. With a Turbo K on the end, it is only an inch or so longer than the 10.3" with T2, but much higher velocities.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 12:48:33 AM EDT
[#4]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q03ZkC4VUs
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 7:48:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LuxorDeathbed] [#5]
Basically it boils down to what speed you can get your 55/62 grain fmj too frag.  You want 2500 or higher.  Start going below that then tumbling is the goal with 75/69 grain.  There is a thread in gd about this topic.  Also numbers off the top of my head.  11.5 for me.  10.3 started to get below target numbers in my head.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top