Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 8:24:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#1]
The reasons I chose 12.5” are that even though it is halfway between a Mk18 and M4, it handles like a Mk18 to me, but the rail estate and velocity are closer to a 14.5”. Even vs an 11.5”, the velocity gain is just this side of appreciable. I tend to gravitate to longer cans with the shorter barrels, and I also tend to run the stock one click further out on a Mk18 vs M4. So, the 12.5” doesn’t really seem noticeably longer. And unsuppressed, I tend to also use shorter muzzle devices on the 12.5”, which narrows the gap slightly.

It’s just my Goldilocks soup, I guess. Carbine gas is just fine…there are several other features of a barrel that I’d think about before that, which is why all of my 12.5” guns have carbine gas.

Unsuppressed with no intention for a silencer, I’d go longer, though 12.5” is kinda the minimum that I don’t hate unsuppressed.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 10:12:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
The reasons I chose 12.5” are that even though it is halfway between a Mk18 and M4, it handles like a Mk18 to me, but the rail estate and velocity are closer to a 14.5”. Even vs an 11.5”, the velocity gain is just this side of appreciable. I tend to gravitate to longer cans with the shorter barrels, and I also tend to run the stock one click further out on a Mk18 vs M4. So, the 12.5” doesn’t really seem noticeably longer. And unsuppressed, I tend to also use shorter muzzle devices on the 12.5”, which narrows the gap slightly.

It’s just my Goldilocks soup, I guess. Carbine gas is just fine…there are several other features of a barrel that I’d think about before that, which is why all of my 12.5” guns have carbine gas.

Unsuppressed with no intention for a silencer, I’d go longer, though 12.5” is kinda the minimum that I don’t hate unsuppressed.
View Quote

Thanks, man.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 12:49:29 AM EDT
[#3]
The 10.3 is a good option but the 11.5 is where it’s at.  I have them all and it gets all the love.  

Small sample of some I had out today doing some muzzle devices on.

Link Posted: 7/8/2024 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#4]
First one do a 11.5.

But my favorite is a 10.3 or 10.5. suppressed or not.
Handy as fuck rifle. Full 5.56 loads only.
MK18 DD and Colt get shot the most with no suppressor. Not as bad as everyone says. I do like a suppressor on it but not necessarily necessary.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 9:30:26 PM EDT
[#5]
LMT 12" piston.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 11:26:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
If you’re not running a can I’d go 12.5”, unsuppressed short barrels are awful.
View Quote

This.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top