Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2008 12:52:45 PM EDT
Can someone give me a list of ALL the parts I would need to assemble my own M14 and list some websites that sell all the parts that are needed and how much would it cost me to put together a m14 using usgi parts and all being good parts and not being cheap parts.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 2:10:20 PM EDT
[#1]
A parts kit (minus receiver) will cost you $1000-1200 assuming you can find one.  It'd be cheaper and easier to find a used rifle with GI parts.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A parts kit (minus receiver) will cost you $1000-1200 assuming you can find one.  It'd be cheaper and easier to find a used rifle with GI parts.

I second that.... GI Parts are in high demand with limited supply. Hopefully, cmp will someday have parts again.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 8:32:09 PM EDT
[#3]
SARCO is still advertising M14 parts kits (G.I. except for the barrel) for about $800.00. I don't know anything else about them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 8:59:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Also keep in mind building a M14 is not like an AR. Lapping and head spacing a bolt to a barrel can be some what of an art.

I've built an AR, and done a lot of work on my M14's but I would not do a barrel install on a M14 I would send it out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Find a Polytech.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Find a Polytech.

Actually, This is an excellent answer. I have a Norinco and it sits on the same rack as my LRB, an Armscorp and 6 Springfields.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Find a Polytech.

Actually, This is an excellent answer. I have a Norinco and it sits on the same rack as my LRB, an Armscorp and 6 Springfields.

I know it is a great rifle.  I have one.  I was just preparing for the normal BS about doing all these unnecessary things to it or it being Chicom, etc.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Can someone give me a list of ALL the parts I would need to assemble my own M14 and list some websites that sell all the parts that are needed and how much would it cost me to put together a m14 using usgi parts and all being good parts and not being cheap parts.

I offer up a simple list.

Other than that I suggest you get busy cruising the M14 web sites.

Link Posted: 4/10/2008 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#9]

I scrounged all the parts off of internet forum EEs, PXs and whatevers. I got a Armscorp receiver, thru RA parts. The other  parts are all USGI save the 18.5" LRB Criterion standard weight Chromed bbl.

I paid a grand total of $1560.00 including all shipping and transfer fee.

Keep in mind that the stock should have all the metal (if not  Synthetic)

Also the trigger assy. should come as a complete group.

That included a Armorer to build it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I just completed building an M1A on an Armscorp receiver.  The receiver was approximately $400, and it cost another $400 to have it professionally assembled which included cutting the chamber on a super-match barrel, and reaming the flash suppressor.  Add the cost of a parts kit, and you are pretty close to the cost of a new one.  For a list of all the parts, go to the Springfield Armory web site http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?clicktype=rifles and open the M1A Manual.  Page 35 has an exploded view that names all the parts.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top