BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 10:15:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jhoule:
Did you order just a barrel assembly or a complete upper?
View Quote

Barrel assembly
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#2]
What did you have to dos for them to add the free second barrel assembly to your order?
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
Any updates?
View Quote

No emails or anything, but the bottom of the order page has been updated to say "Delivery in July 31, 2024", though it still says April at the top of the page.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm wondering if I need to contact my credit card and file for a refund. It's past the time that an easy refund is possible.  

Anyone else went to the CC bank or thinking about it?    I'd really like to get my purchased gear, but it's feeling like Geoff Herring, part 2.  IDK

Anyone getting any feedback from the company?
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By v188:
I'm wondering if I need to contact my credit card and file for a refund. It's past the time that an easy refund is possible.  

Anyone else went to the CC bank or thinking about it?    I'd really like to get my purchased gear, but it's feeling like Geoff Herring, part 2.  IDK

Anyone getting any feedback from the company?
View Quote

I don't know anything about the guy, but he seems to be taking on some pretty ambitious projects all at once. The beltfed upper, MCR barrels, HK21 barrels, MCR lowers, a 50BMG rifle, etc. I geniunely hope he succeeds at all of them, but that is a lot to tackle.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 5:12:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I respect his ambition, and I'm sure he's a great guy.

However, I've seen this kind of thing happen a lot. It doesn't matter if its guns, video games, or merchandise. I will never preorder items that don't exist in inventory for this reason.

Projects take time. People's lives and priorities change, and I don't want to be left holding the bag.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#8]
@V188

I got burned on a preorder suppressor years ago, the company folded before shipping out the cans. Said everyone that got fucked over would have to sue the parent corporation in Virginia and then sent out serialized unthreaded aluminum tubes to everyone that pre paid and took the baffle stacks/pistons etc and cobbled together some suppressors and auctioned them off.

I dont do pre-orders anymore.

Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:28:27 AM EDT
[#9]
They have an actual physical product to look at on their Instagram now.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Deny_Everything:
They have an actual physical product to look at on their Instagram now.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I believe thats a partially machined upper populated with actual MCR parts.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I agree. I'm really hoping this isn't vapor ware.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 11:31:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Ugh. Do I need to get Instagram to follow this? Yuck.

Im very hopeful that I can get a hold of one soon. I bought two 80% lowers from him, so I'm supposedly on the short list.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 2:13:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoshNC] [#13]
Originally Posted By Flevvy:
I respect his ambition, and I'm sure he's a great guy.

However, I've seen this kind of thing happen a lot. It doesn't matter if its guns, video games, or merchandise. I will never preorder items that don't exist in inventory for this reason.

Projects take time. People's lives and priorities change, and I don't want to be left holding the bag.
View Quote

Same.

Also, I sent an email to cryo from my business email address asking about their hk21 barrels and got no reply. Not confidence inspiring.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 12:58:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: anthem_of_the_mind] [#14]
The description has been removed. Or was it ever there? Am I taking crazy pills?

https://www.cryostructure.com/product/mcr-cloned-belt-fed-upper-receiver/

As has been said, the page for barrels now says end of July.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#15]
the page has always looked like that
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 7:26:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Updates?
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 8:53:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
Updates?
View Quote

IG post today

Screenshot from the video posted

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#18]
That is not done lol. The bottom is closed off, no cutout for the FCG or magwell. Looks like a good start though.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Type7SOT:
That is not done lol. The bottom is closed off, no cutout for the FCG or magwell. Looks like a good start though.
View Quote

Yeah. And all the uppers on the cart are standard AR uppers.

I hope it works out but just finding people to properly assemble and QC thousands of uppers could be difficult
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 2:38:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Any more updates anywhere anybody?
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 3:25:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Knowing how Jeremiah Cottle from SlideFire is, wondering if there was a threat of patent infringement on Cryo's bolt or other feeding hardware. Some of their patents have been discussed earlier.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By mcroberts307:
Knowing how Jeremiah Cottle from SlideFire is, wondering if there was a threat of patent infringement on Cryo's bolt or other feeding hardware. Some of their patents have been discussed earlier.
View Quote

What does Slidefire have to do with this?
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 8:45:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By mcroberts307:
View Quote

The slidefire beltfed was an iteration of the Colt/Ceiner. I doubt any patents are in force.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 11:20:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By JoshNC:

The slidefire beltfed was an iteration of the Colt/Ceiner. I doubt any patents are in force.
View Quote

Slidefire had a couple patents on their improvements - no guide fin in the ejection chute/using unmodified links and I think they bought the bolt hold open patent from VA or patented their own version, something like that.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 8:39:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By NWRed:

Slidefire had a couple patents on their improvements - no guide fin in the ejection chute/using unmodified links and I think they bought the bolt hold open patent from VA or patented their own version, something like that.
View Quote

Right, but the Cryo upper is based on the Shrike/MCR, not the Colt/Ceiner/VA/Slidefire design.

The only patent that Cryo may be violating is on his lowers that accept M249 nutsacks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 9:41:06 AM EDT
[#26]
It’s been so long I forgot about this damn thing.

Sigh.

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:12:59 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Interesting. Thanks. It’s too bad Slidefire didn’t take their design any further.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 11:19:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
Any more updates anywhere anybody?
View Quote

The first of each month since April, I send him the same message: "Any update on this?", and he replies with something about his workload or whatever. So far, no reply at all this month. Not good.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ManlyMatt:
The first of each month since April, I send him the same message: "Any update on this?", and he replies with something about his workload or whatever. So far, no reply at all this month. Not good.
View Quote

I got a reply at the end of August, but yes he's pretty vague.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#30]
IG post about HK21 barrels today.  I'm starting to think guy has bitten off more than he can chew.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 10:02:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NWRed] [#31]
Originally Posted By Stonia:
IG post about HK21 barrels today.  I'm starting to think guy has bitten off more than he can chew.
View Quote

@Stonia

Can you post a screenshot for those of us that aren't on IG? I want to buy their HK21 barrel and uppers, but I'm not pre-ordering anything from anyone that was involved with Shadow Ops. Not trustworthy at all, if that's accurate.

ETA: Paul Russ was the guy running Shadow Ops - I paid in full full 12/2013 for a 45acp monocore suppressor. Sometime after 04/2015 a serialized aluminum tube with no baffles/pistons/threads/
stickers/ lube for the assrape,  arrived at my FFL in place of the complete .45acp monocore suppressor with extra piston that I paid for.  If I had know that Cryostructures was the same guy,  I'd have been shitting on them every chance I got.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#32]

@Stonia

Can you post a screenshot for those of us that aren't on IG? I want to buy their HK21 barrel and uppers, but I'm not pre-ordering anything from anyone that was involved with Shadow Ops. Not trustworthy at all, if that's accurate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stonia:

@Stonia

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 10:25:15 PM EDT
[#33]
ETA: Paul Russ was the guy running Shadow Ops - I paid in full full 12/2013 for a 45acp monocore suppressor. Sometime after 04/2015 a serialized aluminum tube with no baffles/pistons/threads/
stickers/ lube for the assrape,  arrived at my FFL in place of the complete .45acp monocore suppressor with extra piston that I paid for.  If I had know that Cryostructures was the same guy,  I'd have been shitting on them every chance I got.
View Quote
Paul Earl Russ III in Stephens City, VA according to this: https://cis.scc.virginia.gov/EntitySearch/BusinessInformation?businessId=11022794&source=FromEntityResult&isSeries%20=%20false

Is that the same guy?
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 11:51:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NWRed] [#34]
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
Paul Earl Russ III in Stephens City, VA according to this: https://cis.scc.virginia.gov/EntitySearch/BusinessInformation?businessId=11022794&source=FromEntityResult&isSeries%20=%20false

Is that the same guy?
View Quote

iirc Shadow Ops was in CO, but was a VA LLC -  part of the business closing up without making its customers whole, were instructions about how if we wished to sue them, that we had to do so in VA.
They shipped all the prepaid customers their NFA registered unthreaded aluminum tubes worth about $5 in material and then took the cores  and pistons and assembled complete suppressors with the tubes that weren't pre-sold with assigned serial numbers/form3s and sent them to auction. IIRC they had some custom engraved lowers they sent to auction as well,  instead of to the customers that paid for the lowers and the custom engraving.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/shadow-ops-weaponry-longmont

For all those concerned, I received the following email today. Shadow Ops has been shut down and is apparently in the process of declaring bankruptcy:

"We are primary investors in Shadow Ops Weaponry, LLC. and were forced to shut it down due to apparent improprieties in the conducting of its business. We called in theATF and the Colorado Attorney General'sOffice and the plant is under lock down and under investigation. We anticipate IRS involvement and possibly the U.S. Trustee and a Chapter 7 filing is likely. If a bankruptcy filing occurs you will be afforded a file number whereupon you can file a claim with the U.S. Trustee for what you believe is due you.

Under no circumstances do we accept, nor are we obligated, to assume or pay any of Shadow Ops Weaponry, LLC. debts

Jim Silvester"

I'm pretty sure this means customers will most likely not get their product or their money back, ever - as in bankruptcy all assets go to the investors first.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ar15/comments/2hetv0/shadow_ops_weaponry_owner_admits_they_fucked_up/

Shadow Ops Weaponry Owner Admits they fucked up in this customer service email...turns out some funky business what going on with one of his partners. (long email)
Customer Service Announcement #1 9/24/2014 We know that we have many customers who are upset with the lack of communication from us regarding back-orders and customer service issues. We want to fully explain and hope you will understand the level of frustration and stress we've been dealing with, after reading this. We will make good on all our promises! Following is a letter from the Owner of Shadow Ops

My name is Paul Russ and I have been the owner of Shadow Ops since September 2009, but have only been on site full time at the production facility, for a little over one month. I have recently had to move from VA to CO. to take over all business and operations management. Here is some history and perspective regarding our current situation.
Shadow Ops obtained its manufacturing license in February 2012 and started out as a small shop, with both myself and my partner having other full time jobs. Believe it or not, my company was created primarily with customer service in mind.

In December of 2012, after the Sandy Hook shooting, I noticed that the prices for lower receivers were becoming absolutely ridiculous. Many stores were profiteering on items that I knew were excessively priced and we could produce a custom product at a more affordable rate. I decided that we would order new CNC equipment and secure purchase orders for forgings, to offer a custom laser engraved lower for $150, instead of the profiteering price of $450-$600. We had much success and sold $660,000 worth of these in January 2013 and $250,000 in February, but a series of events started problems I couldn't have predicted.

First, we were a victim of Operation Choke Point behavior by our credit card processing company which held over $500,000 during a time when our forged lowers were in high demand, with a lot of orders waiting to be filled. They told us that we wouldn’t be able to receive the funds until July or August due to the 3,200% increase in sales from December and our business was not approved for those levels of transactions. We could not keep taking orders we couldn't fulfill at that level and this threw our original timeline of delivery for lowers out the door and slowed us down on new product delivery immensely.

Many times, I both expected delivery or to have funds for purchase of secondary items, but both holds and chargebacks held us from shipping items in a timely manner. The crisis management had begun and in hindsight, I should have taken more control and told everyone what was happening, although I anticipated a quick recovery after the funds were released. That was the first mistake in our communications with customers, that I take full credit for and I am truly sorry for that. At the end of last year, things got progressively worse, though I had thought we were doing pretty well. Even though we were running slower things just didn't seem right. Recently, it’s clear why. It was brought to my attention that during my partners entire management tenure, he was planning for a hostile take over of the business. I found out that he had communicated his intent to a potential investor early on, by telling him “don’t invest until I take over the whole business”. He was only a 10% owner, but he wanted it all. In December 2013, while I was still working in Virginia remotely he had verbally threatened me saying, “Give me the entire business or you will regret it!” and unfortunately carried through with his threat. When he realized I wasn't giving into his demands, he systematically began deleting all intellectual property of the company, took CNC fixturing for making our parts, stole furniture that was made on company time and paid with company money and began removing shop equipment that he wanted. His goal was to drive the company into the ground then offer to buy all my shares for pennies on the dollar with a new investor, or he was going to leave with all that he could get his hands on and start his own gig.

He then stepped it up a notch and sabotaged our most important company equipment by changing tooling CNC G-codes which created a production defect that were quickly discovered from about 50 customer complaints. I believe we have satisfied all those customers (if anyone's left will take care of them too at our expense). This gave us a another block of lost production time, catching up on back orders for the billet lowers. To make matters worse, I was totally understaffed as he took 8 out of 10 employees from the shop and other equipment which the company paid for in cash, to start his own business on our dime. This guy left Shadow Ops customers, friends and investors in the rear-view mirror without batting an eye. He was extremely selfish and immoral and although there is opportunity to pursue legal action, my current focus is solely on filling every backorder and taking care of our customers first.

I have moved to Colorado to manage the manufacturing facility and we have started resolving all the issues and have been fulfilling existing back orders. I will continue to move Shadow Ops forward in the direction I have always wanted it to go, by providing the best products I can possibly make, at a price that is fair for a top quality product. We have been working every angle to fix all problems and we have gone from a 2.5 hour lower receiver production time (on his watch) to one that is done in about 50 minutes! We have sped up everything exponentially and have already handled 75% of the back-orders to date. I have finally secured investors that understand what has happened to us, continue to believe in the company and love our products. We will now have ALL of the backorders taken care of in the next 60 days!

Additionally, I have secured massive new purchase orders that guarantees our successful turnaround. With this newly secured funding and large product orders in place, I can now hire a larger customer service team to start answering your emails (starting with this one) and they are going to have our communication system constantly improving. Currently we have three on staff and will be expanding that team, as fast as possible. I would have loved to tell you all what was happening earlier on, but honestly, I was working so hard on keeping us afloat that I didn't even know from one day to the next what our fate would be. I would answer as many emails and calls that I could, while also trying to get funding and find ways to make and ship each product that was ordered. I have been woefully understaffed and it has taken its toll, but this will also improve now that we are funded.

I believe most everything that has been sabotaged was uncovered and we can see light at the end of the tunnel now. I can tell you for the first time, without a doubt... that we are NOT going to close doors and any outstanding orders will be fulfilled in the next 60 days. We will also avoid any future back-order issues by eliminating pre-orders or making promises on new orders, for items that cannot be fulfilled within 5-10 business days. Obviously, all prior orders take priority over new ones. We are working diligently to create a better system on our website that will keep you updated on in/out of stock items, shipping delays, etc. and any customer service issues will be handled promptly by our new team.

You have my word that which did not kill us, will make Shadow Ops stronger than ever. Our new machining and production staff and those who stayed with me through this nightmare, are totally focused on taking care of our customers. We won't quit on you and the partner that did, will take his business reputation with him to his own demise. Ever since he has left, the leaches are gone, the loyal are being rewarded and we have improved our production times and quality. WE will continue to work together to bring you the best products we can make, at a price you can afford. Stay with us and you will be pleased at what is yet to come!"

For those who qualify and kept their orders open, thank you for being kind to us. I will have a lifelong FOUNDERS reward program in place soon, as well as more “Deal Coin” offers that make your custom lowers free in the end. Be sure to fill out the forms we send, so we can qualify you and keep you in the loop. THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS!

Paul Russ, Owner (Family Managing LLC Member)
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:05:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Guilty0000] [#35]
So we've established the following red flags.

-Taking massive amounts of "pre orders" while no physical/available inventory exists.
-Hasn't entered production stages, while still taking large numbers of pre orders for non existent inventory.
-Has grossly missed, or blatantly lied about.. every company set deadline for expected product shipment.
-Can't give customers anything more than vague timelines as to when products will ship, or reasons as to why they haven't shipped already.  
-Has very little/no product information/images on their website, which looks like it was designed by a 6 year old.
-Has teased/promoted more than a handful of very ambitious projects, despite not shipping any product for any of the projects.
-Promoted obviously unfinished product as "finished".
-Additionally, gives very little/no formal public updates on product development.
-Owned by the same individual that owned the now bankrupt, shadow ops weaponry LLC...

It's like Shadow Ops Weaponry...
same same, but different lol

edit: oh as an added bonus flag, the only platform that customers can view current non regurgitated product images (other than their website) is instagram.
And the great thing about instagram, is that (provided it's your post) op's can remove, hide, and otherwise censor unwanted comments, akin to FB, X, etc.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#36]
I purchased an 80% beltfed lower and had a positive experience and good communication.  I even received a call from Paul in regards to lower markings.  

We also talked about his upper and was told I'd be put on the list.   My lower shipped quick and it's well machined and finished.

I know I'm not throwing down money on vaporware, but I'd love to see a half priced shrike clone... I'd def want to drive down and do cash and carry though at this point.  

Fingers crossed he comes through on these barrels for you guys that have orders in.

Link Posted: 9/5/2024 6:50:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Postal0311] [#37]
-Scratch that, I was replying to an older post-
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Well, none of this seems like good news.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top