Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2010 12:20:21 AM EDT
Anyone know if there is a shorter stock for the UMP/USC?  I feel like my left arm is over extended when at the high ready.  Taking it down 3 inches or so would feel more natural.  I've also thought about cutting off the rubber butt pad, anyone try this?  It looks about 1 inch thick.
Link Posted: 2/25/2010 12:25:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the ump conversion kit for the usc shortens the stock?
Link Posted: 2/25/2010 5:37:59 PM EDT
[#2]
There are two HK stocks that will fit the UMP.  The normal one (shown on hkparts.net) is a bit longer.  It has a buttpad built in to it.  The shorter one does not have a buttpad built in.  It has some ribs on the face (part touching your shoulder) molded into the plastic.  I don't remember exactly how much shorter it is.  It is not three inches though.  I used to have one of each but traded the short one for a long one to a member here.  Both will fit on a MP5 as well.   Oh, here's a photo...

HTH.
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 12:47:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think the ump conversion kit for the usc shortens the stock?

It does not.  Still 11.25in
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 9:59:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There are two HK stocks that will fit the UMP.  The normal one (shown on hkparts.net) is a bit longer.  It has a buttpad built in to it.  The shorter one does not have a buttpad built in.  It has some ribs on the face (part touching your shoulder) molded into the plastic.  I don't remember exactly how much shorter it is.  It is not three inches though.  I used to have one of each but traded the short one for a long one to a member here.  Both will fit on a MP5 as well.   Oh, here's a photo...

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac180/AssSupt/HK/stocks.jpg

HTH.

Was this it?  From the pictures it looks like it would fit the UMP stock block once I remove the plastic one it comes with.
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 10:19:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I cannot speak to that one exactly.  I had the B&T version.  But, yes, the short one I was refering to looks just like that.  You may want to call Adam and ask him if that GSG-5 version is compatable with the HDPS stock block.  I assume it is, but cannot confirm for sure.  If it is, then yes, just remove it from the plastic hinge and put the stock on the UMP/USC.
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/28/2010 3:43:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
 I used to have one of each but traded the short one for a long one to a member here.  Both will fit on a MP5 as well.   Oh, here's a photo...

HTH.

hey, that was me.

yes, the B&T stock bolts right on to the HDPS/UMP stock block, the stock block actually adds about 1/4 inch to the overall length of pull as compared to a real ump.

with the shorter stock assy on it, the ump conversion is the same size as my sbr'd mp5 with the same shorter B&T stock.

I wish I had pics, but all of my guns are packed up right now for my move across the country.
Link Posted: 3/1/2010 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesome, I can't wait to get it.  I honestly think the UMP was designed for use by massive Germans with long monkey arms!
Link Posted: 3/1/2010 2:47:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
 I honestly think the UMP was designed for use by massive Germans with long monkey arms!

I resemble that remark, and even I think the stock is too long.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top