Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2012 5:27:56 PM EDT
Look what the brown truck brought today.

More pics to come tomorrow as I get it fully setup with IR/white light. I sweet talked the folks at LDI into dropping me a 0.7mW Class 1 Civ IR laser in their cocking tube unit for my MP5N. This is their first one. Will be testing,zeroing this weekend. Said they could do a 0.1 mW version as well.  Laser at 12 oclock very close to bore axis and is adjustable for elevation and windage.

Full auto, suppressible, 9mm night time fun in a less than 7 lb total package.
Link Posted: 9/5/2012 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't see how you're going to mount a can on that with the laser sticking out.
Link Posted: 9/5/2012 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Already verified that my Gemtech Raptor fits up just fine with a little room to spare.  I'll post some pics of the complete setup tomorrow.  Might not work if someone has a fatter can.  My Raptor mounts to the 3 lug on the factory barrel
Link Posted: 9/6/2012 2:38:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I love it !!! Nice work

Joe
Link Posted: 9/6/2012 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Excellent––- hit you up on HKP!!!

Tony
Link Posted: 9/6/2012 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#5]
More pictures as promised.  Set up is MP5N converted with all HK parts by Urbach in 2003.  Reg sear in burst trigger pack for fun.  Gemtech Raptor 9 suppressor mounted on 3 lug hk barrel.  Surefire M63 railed fore arm replacement.   Surefire M600V IR/White illuminator with (SR07 mom/on switch at 9 oclock on the rail) mounted at 1 oclock with Haley Strategic Thorntail mount.  LDI new C1 IR 0.7 mW laser system mounted in cocking tube of firearm at 12 oclock over bore.  Momentary IR switch attached to 3 oclock rail.  

Showing clearances between light, laser, rail, and barrel

MP5N with Gemtech Raptor attached (1/16" clearance or more in all directions)

Just a teaser set.  I'll get a few better quality ones staged over the weekend when I zero it  and get some trigger time.  Should be a fine hog killer in TX.  I'll have a range report soon.

Next up after this mission concludes is a similar setup for my MP5SD.

"This little piggie went to the market"......  
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is what I did with the MP5SD last night.  Worked just fine at the range.

B&T Rail Forearm + Surefire Vampire + LDI LAS/TAC 2 0.1mW Class 1 IR laser
Not quite as integrated and streamlined as the cocking tube version on the MP5N, but works fine.  thwap thwap thwap...  Hog down!  

Link Posted: 9/22/2012 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Great setup. Ive been trying to find a decent light setup for my MP5 and might try this out. Nice McIntosh amp you have hiding behind there by the way.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 7:20:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Great setup. Ive been trying to find a decent light setup for my MP5 and might try this out. Nice McIntosh amp you have hiding behind there by the way.

Good eye on the amp.  I have it driving the 901 Bose set with the matched equalizers just barely out of frame.     So much power, when first used, it cleaned out my air ducts for free.  Thought it was a lint-a-polooza party.    Much better now.

The goal was IR illum WITH IR laser in a lightweight integrated package as possible.  Low profile +++.  Must be compatiable with MP5 system AND the matching suppressors.  The Haley mount works great on the MP5s.  I tried various positions of the light, but the 1 oclock position seems to keep in out of the way of use of the forearm and cocking mechanism while keeping it tight to the bore as possible.  I experimented with the Surefire dedicated foreend, but it was not compatible with the Gemtech suppressor on the MP5N when used with the Vampire head unless you where willing to use an offset adapter.  

As with anything light, it is all about the compromises.  The light weight on the setup on the MP5N is absolutely startling compared to everything else out there.

Be happy to let anyone in southest texas check it out in person.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top