Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tommybuilt T7, MP7 clones. (Page 11 of 12)
Page / 12
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 3:37:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By D_Man:
Watched that an hour ago, looked like the spent cases were slipping off the extractor and failing to eject?
View Quote

That's my guess, too. Fairly consistent double-feeds/FTE.

The unfortunate part is the tolerances on the extractor or spring aren't available, nor the ability to throw spare parts at it. This gun lives and dies by Tom Bostic's customer service.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Flevvy:

It's possible people are trying to quick-flip the mags, but it's hard to say without knowing how many have been sold overall. I'm more inclined to believe people just like hoarding an unreasonable amount of something "scarce."

As far as the shenanigans on the first drop, I agree. There was a frenzy when it went live. Then everything crashed and people thought the drop would be canceled. A few minutes later I got as far as the payment page before the out of stock error.
View Quote

I don’t think there was any issue with the MGW drop. I got the email clicked the link logged in and purchased. Maybe some people don’t have their login info saved in the browser.

As for the T7 drop, it was a DDOS detector that shut down the server for 20 minutes and then came back up.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:
Has anyone found an aimpoint micro mount that will clamp tight enough on the top rail to hold zero? I saw some people with larue mounts so I tried one and it is way too loose. I know people have said scalaworks is too loose too.

View Quote

Is the top pic rail out of spec?

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Has anyone found an aimpoint micro mount that will clamp tight enough on the top rail to hold zero? I saw some people with larue mounts so I tried one and it is way too loose. I know people have said scalaworks is too loose too.

View Quote

I mean technically it would work - the base stock Holosun mounts mount solidly.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:32:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:33:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

As for the T7 drop, it was a DDOS detector that shut down the server for 20 minutes and then came back up.
View Quote

I know, but the DDOS detection was a false positive based in part on the pings from the site change detectors.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#9]

I’ve been trying to find one in my parts bins. May have thrown them all out.
View Quote

All my optics boxes go into a big box so I can pull unneeded mounts one day when I need them
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#11]

yes it is either not wide enough or not tall enough.
View Quote

Apparently this was an issue on the actual MP7s based on what I’ve read. The strike industries rail fixes this problem. As much as it pains me to buy anything SI, I ordered one just now to alleviate any optic mounting issues. T7 is finally at my FFL today.

https://www.strikeindustries.com/mp7-backup-sight-top-rail.html
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:06:39 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

I'll try out some of our Aimpoint micro mounts next week (if mine ever gets delivered) and report back.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 10:06:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HecklerKac] [#13]
Originally Posted By fike:

“If you complain about issues, you will be banned”

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Plumber576:
There are some bad experience over on the thread at HKPro.

Really hope these get worked out and improvements are made in future batches, and that Tommy doesn't completely dump the project.

Saw that same attitude on a groups post too as well as HKP. It's like the fact that these things are having major issues needs to be kept a secret or some shit by some select key guys. Kinda BS. It's getting to the point where no new buyers are going to feel comfortable discussing legit issues or constructive criticism of the gun.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 10:07:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HecklerKac] [#14]

That’s not what he said.

They want no personal attacks on TB. Discussion of problems or technical issues is welcome, but some people, most of whom do not have one of the guns, are going after him personally. That’s not cool, because TB has always stood by his product even if he can’t fix the issues.
View All Quotes

That’s not what he said.

They want no personal attacks on TB. Discussion of problems or technical issues is welcome, but some people, most of whom do not have one of the guns, are going after him personally. That’s not cool, because TB has always stood by his product even if he can’t fix the issues.

I've seen plenty of people banned or posts deleted for legit criticism.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 11:37:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By HecklerKac:

I've seen plenty of people banned or posts deleted for legit criticism.
View Quote

Hi, i’m one of those persons.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#16]
How reloadable is 4.6mm? Does it have the same issues that 5.7 has with weird lubricating coating?

I would really really like to buy a single empty casing for my cartridge collection if anyone would be willing to send me one please PM me.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 3:55:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Hking:
How reloadable is 4.6mm? Does it have the same issues that 5.7 has with weird lubricating coating?

I would really really like to buy a single empty casing for my cartridge collection if anyone would be willing to send me one please PM me.
View Quote

Their is no case coating like 5.7 so it is simpler. dies are available but sourcing the bullets is difficult however.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 9:12:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vellnueve] [#18]
Originally Posted By Hking:

View Quote

Shoot me a PM with your address and I’ll send one
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 1:11:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By BBOHACH:
The Strike industries rail fixes this problem.
https://www.strikeindustries.com/mp7-backup-sight-top-rail.html
View Quote

As soon as my black T7 comes in I'm putting the Strike rail on it. It's a good rail with backup irons to boot.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 2:56:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Arrived to the FFL. Unfortunately out for a week but stoked to shoot it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Tom is a great guy, quick to answer, always willing to fix any problems you have with your purchases. I have gotten both a UMP45 and G36K conversions done through him and they have worked flawlessly over the last 4 years and I couldn't be happier checking those off my bucket list.

But MAN am I glad I was not an early adopter of the T7...
I have no doubts Tom will sort this out in the long run, but the PR from this is quite damaging.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By UMP45_Enthusiast:

I have no doubts Tom will sort this out in the long run, but the PR from this is quite damaging.
View Quote

The attempted cover up by rabid fans is really what caused the most damage.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Evintos:

The attempted cover up by rabid fans is really what caused the most damage.
View Quote

For real, HK PRO doing the most damage. I feel bad for Tom because he just has to sit on the sidelines and watch it all happen...
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 12:21:03 AM EDT
[#24]
My selfish issue with all of this is that all the T7 issues will likely drag out how long he has to devote 110% of his time to it, delaying when he will do conversions again.  Sitting on a usc and ump parts kit wasting away.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Picked up my black T7 today. My B&T suppressor spins on it unfortunately so I’ll be sending it back to B&T. The gun itself looks great, no cosmetic issues. Can’t wait to shoot it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#26]
If anyone is looking for 3-pos stock and foregrip I threw one up on the EE. Went with RAL so don’t need the black.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#28]
EOTech definitely looks more at home on that thing.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#29]
hows the line up on yours with the eotech? some on HKPRO have the eotechs canting a bit.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 5:35:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Dirty_Robster:
hows the line up on yours with the eotech? some on HKPRO have the eotechs canting a bit.
View Quote

Not canted. I did order the strike industries rail which will be here Monday though just in case but it isn’t an issue.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 1:53:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WVUSIG] [#31]
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Range report: black T7, serial number in high 200s. I fired about 75 rounds of Fiocchi range dynamics ammo before giving up.

LOTS of FTEs. Including when I would only load one round in a mag…A couple times the gun wouldn’t even lock back on the empty mag.

The gun was lubed and I wasn’t limpwristing it.

I wasn’t using my suppressor and was shooting what is supposedly under powered ammo. I have some Hornady Black arriving tomorrow. I’m going to try one more time with a suppressor (when I get it back from warranty work at B&T) and with Hornady Black before contacting Tommy. Hopefully the gun is just really tight and some good back pressure and hot ammo will help.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By jeffhsu95:

What laser is that?
View Quote

RAID X
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By MikeMilligan:
Range report: black T7, serial number in high 200s. I fired about 75 rounds of Fiocchi range dynamics ammo before giving up.

LOTS of FTEs. Including when I would only load one round in a mag…A couple times the gun wouldn’t even lock back on the empty mag.

I wasn’t using my suppressor and was shooting what is supposedly under powered ammo. I have some Hornady Black arriving tomorrow. I’m going to try one more time with a suppressor (when I get it back from warranty work at B&T) and with Hornady Black before contacting Tommy. Hopefully the gun is just really tight and some good back pressure and hot ammo will help.
View Quote

I believe i saw a post where Tom stated on FB that the fiocchi seemed to be a bit hot, but since im banned from the group well..
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Slimjim:

I believe i saw a post where Tom stated on FB that the fiocchi seemed to be a bit hot, but since im banned from the group well..
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Slimjim:
Originally Posted By MikeMilligan:

My gun was barely cycling with Fiocchi and when fired cases did eject they piled up in a nice group just a couple feet away from me. That makes me think the Fiocchi is a bit underpowered for the type of gun it would be used in, or the gun just needs a suppressor and hotter ammo. Or break-in isn't complete. Too soon to tell frankly with only about 75 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 12:15:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#37]
Being fairly ignorant on the platform, is there no adjustability in the gas system?
If all it needs is more gas with commercial ammo vs the hottest AP mil ammo it like like a commercial adaptation should include adjustable gas.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 2:20:01 PM EDT
[#38]
I have read that there is a plan to eventually release a 5.7x28 version. Has there been any mention of a conversion kit?
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By WVUSIG:
I have read that there is a plan to eventually release a 5.7x28 version. Has there been any mention of a conversion kit?
View Quote

Considering the guns' reliability is still hit or miss with the current 4.6 selection on the market, a conversion kit is WAY down the road.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 3:55:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Flevvy:

Considering the guns' reliability is still hit or miss with the current 4.6 selection on the market, a conversion kit is WAY down the road.
View Quote

I get that and that isn't a concern, but curious as to if there are plans for a conversion. If no conversion, I will likely wait for the 5.7 option to be released.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 4:08:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#41]
I get that and that isn't a concern, but curious as to if there are plans for a conversion. If no conversion, I will likely wait for the 5.7 option to be released.
View Quote

I'd look at the MP7 you have at home (PSA X57).
There are currently no 5.7 mags in the MP7 pattern and Tom has said that they would have to develop one.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 4:09:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hecklerjones] [#42]
I don't think it's a gas problem. The early guns had loose pinholes in the backplates which allowed the trigger assembly to move a bit. Maybe tight ejector springs too. I picked up mine on Friday from the end of the first batch and took it to the range yesterday. It ran absolutely Flawless with Fiocchi blue box in 30 and 40 rnd magazines.  The bolt locked back on every empty mag and nothing is loose anywhere. In fact, the pins are extremely tight in the backplate and came with silver anti-seize on them. I had to use a urethane mallet and punches to get them out. Not a big deal considering how well it worked. Round count was 150 in pistol configuration with an HK bungee sling. Form1 is filed.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 5:58:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Evintos] [#43]
View Quote

Won't be any time soon.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 6:02:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KCGewehr] [#44]
Some chronograph data. Very small sample size:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/16/2024 12:46:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Yeah the Fiocchi is known to be slower, although those results are better than expected
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 11:59:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Got 480 rounds in today. Started off finicky with a couple hiccups but nothing crazy. Then started to shoot super smooth for about 200 rounds before having issues again. Left the range a little disappointed but was a little relieved after getting home and cleaning the T7 where I found a primer in the trigger group. Shot suppressed and unsuppressed fiocchi FSP and ball. My presumption is that ended up causing the later issues so plan to go back out this weekend and try again and see what happens. Got a couple videos that I will try to add later.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Waited until I got the Form 1 approved to post pics cause the pistol mode is gross.

I’m in love with this thing….mid 200s SN, build quality is better than expected with not much flashing, pins are tight, gas block centered. Everything seems tight and I see very minimal machining marks on the trigger and safety.

Decided to go the EXPS 3-0 route, and put my LA5B PEQ15 on it. Ergos are great.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

And my trifecta of semi auto sub guns

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/19/2024 4:54:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kel] [#49]
Got mine today! Actually looks nicer than I would have thought.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#50]
125 more flawless rounds today, 40 and 30 rd mags and German stock installed.
Page / 12
Tommybuilt T7, MP7 clones. (Page 11 of 12)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top