Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2006 11:10:17 AM EDT
WOW!  I made the mistake of stopping by there yesterday.

It was like stepping into MEXICO.  

I mean it was like a TWIGHLIGHT ZONE episode.  The second I walked in through the ROSS entrance I wanted to look back out the door to see where I was.  This country is GONE, Man.  Even if they sealed the border up AIRTIGHT TODAY..  it would be too late.

Link Posted: 10/16/2006 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't been in the mall in about 6-7 years. I went and saw The Departed at the theatre there last weekend, but that was at like 9:40 or 10:40 and the mall itself was closed.

Besides, what you got against them thar messicans bo-weh?!
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]
The town of Guadalupe is right next to it. Thats about as old Mexico as you can get.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 2:23:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you have to present your passport for entry?
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The town of Guadalupe is right next to it. Thats about as old Mexico as you can get.

I know.  I grew up in the area.  Guad has alway had its problems, but this was more than the entire population of Guad.

Link Posted: 10/16/2006 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like Walmart in Tucson.  Went in eight years ago to get a trash can for the kitchen and haven't been back since.  Well once, to pick up a buddy who's truck was stolen out of the parking lot. hinking.gif
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:15:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know.  I grew up in the area.  Guad has alway had its problems, but this was more than the entire population of Guad.

I live right by there and its not just the mall that seems like mexico.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 1:49:04 AM EDT
[#7]
i have not been to az mills in about 2 years, was not bad there during the week.  Last i was around there, they were fixing the sewer at southern and priest.  Looks like the stench moved to the mall.  

i do know the walmart on the other side of guad is ghetto.  eliiot & priest.  it used to be a nice, like the walmart near scottsdale gun club.  now it is the 3rd world.

i hate seeing places get ruined, but what can you do?
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 7:28:45 AM EDT
[#8]
You think the mall is bad, you should go with me to pick my daughter up from grade school. I get more depressed/angry every time I go there.

AB
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 7:37:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You think the mall is bad, you should go with me to pick my daughter up from grade school. I get more depressed/angry every time I go there.

AB

Last year my kid's class was on the NEWS because they had over 5 different languages spoken in his class alone!

Great!  Let's lagg the class down with a bunch of foreign bannanas who can barely speak English!  w00t!

Plus my little man comes home mimicking the foreign kids bad English.  So when we're in the store or something he sounds like he's got a disability of some kind.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 10:43:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AB

Last year my kid's class was on the NEWS because they had over 5 different languages spoken in his class alone!

Great!  Let's lagg the class down with a bunch of foreign bannanas who can barely speak English!  w00t!

Plus my little man comes home mimicking the foreign kids bad English.  So when we're in the store or something he sounds like he's got a disability of some kind.

I now know what it's like to be a minority. I really love AZ, but I am considering chucking it all because of the "invasion". Maybe things are better up north.............

AB

AB
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#11]
AZ mills mall aka brown town

the following is sung by all who live in Guadalupe and the crappy apt complexes on baseline  to the tune of "Downtown"

When its hot out and your AC is broke you go...BROWNTOWN

When you don't have money to spend but you want to shop you go....BROWNTOWN

When your gov't checks late and you just want to hang you go...BROWNTOWN

When you want to fake a slip and fall to get someon to sue you go....BROWNTOWN

Can you believe Tempe  gave up a crack at the chandler fashion mall to get that discount crap hole!!!  In fact they paid Chandler a portion of tax revenue to get it before the fashion mall opened!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Arizona Mills has ALWAYS been a vato & thug wasteland.

But you're right - at the present rate of breeding, our state will evaporate into one big Mexican fart in about 30 years.

Link Posted: 10/17/2006 10:11:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AB

I now know what it's like to be a minority. I really love AZ, but I am considering chucking it all because of the "invasion". Maybe things are better up north.............

AB

AB

Thats Bullsh*t, Plant your roots if you love it! Thay arent going to take it unless you let them.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 11:08:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, I went to a store full of Mexicans once, but it threatened my ideal vision of a pure white America so I stopped going there altogether.
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 1:19:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 2:01:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Guys the point isn't one of race, it about culture. These people come here and just DO NOT try and fit in. They make little to no effort to learn the language or adopt our customs.

When did we stop taking pride in just being Americans? I personally DO NOT care what skin color or ethnic background the average AMERICAN is, as long as they are AMERICAN! When folks throw a hyphen in their view of themselves (African-American, Native-American, Mexican-American, Irish-American), they are not in their hearts Americans first.

Garry
Thank you for pointing this thread to the root of the problem. When we nurture and allow subcultures to grow we indeed plant the seeds of our own destruction. This is the key difference between my grandfather getting off the boat at Ellis Island in 1910 and the invasion we now face. You left your country for a reason, why do people insist on recreating the same problem here that they came to escape?
I have yet to see a ghetto of any nationality that was not poorer or lower class than the integrated neighborhood that surrounds it.
Rich V
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 5:19:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Guys the point isn't one of race, it about culture. These people come here and just DO NOT try and fit in. They make little to no effort to learn the language or adopt our customs.

When did we stop taking pride in just being Americans? I personally DO NOT care what skin color or ethnic background the average AMERICAN is, as long as they are AMERICAN! When folks throw a hyphen in their view of themselves (African-American, Native-American, Mexican-American, Irish-American), they are not in their hearts Americans first.

EXACTLY!  I'm not trying to turn this into a racist thing.  The point is... if they turn our country into the sewer that they came from, what was the point of even coming here?
Link Posted: 10/19/2006 3:18:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I hear ya. I am all for someone wanting a better life, but don't come here and bitch about things not being like your "oh-so-great" homeland... When I was stationed in San Diego they always bitched about someone not being able to speak spanish at the store and could not buy something. I didn't go to TJ and yell at the hotdog guy 'cause he didn't know english.
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 7:16:31 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You left your country STATE for a reason, why do people insist on recreating the same problem here that they came to escape?

Fixed it for you.

The problems are not just from outside our country.  Californians and others moving here bring their "culture" with them, resulting in an expanding Nanny State, more laws and crappier drivers.

This on top of the border issue has made for a real mess at times.
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 7:38:44 AM EDT
[#20]
couple of things

one don't ever eat a hot dog off of a street vendor in Mexico,  you will regret it

two patriotism is great as long as you are patriotic to the land you dwell in, it is dumb to drive around with a license plate of another countries flag just because your great grandparents came from there and if you want to change our national anthem to better reflect your culture you'd better have a whole mess of pals with you when you perform it or you'll be a hurting unit when I'm done
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 7:57:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You left your country STATE for a reason, why do people insist on recreating the same problem here that they came to escape?

Fixed it for you.

The problems are not just from outside our country.  Californians and others moving here bring their "culture" with them, resulting in an expanding Nanny State, more laws and crappier drivers.

This on top of the border issue has made for a real mess at times.

Yes quite true we are rapidly becoming two cultures in the US split almost equally along 'liberal & 'conservative' lines. Unlike the illegal alien issue I see no clear way to 'fix' this problem.
Rich V
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 8:12:24 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Yes quite true we are rapidly becoming two cultures in the US split almost equally along 'liberal & 'conservative' lines. Unlike the illegal alien issue I see no clear way to 'fix' this problem.
Rich V

The solution to both may end up being the same.

Link Posted: 10/20/2006 9:41:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Mills is so f-n Ghetto! Every couple months my GF goes down there to go to the GAP outlet, and I haven't let her go down there alone. The people who fill the mall are some of the rudest, inconsiderate, ghetto people I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 10/20/2006 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rich V

You can build a big wall and enforce laws against employers who hire illegals but how do you cure stupidity?
The only thing I can see that would shift the US to the right is a WW II type event where we are fighting for our lives and losing means our destruction.
The ROPers may just accomplish this, talk about a mixed blessing.

Rich V
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#25]
You guys think you have it bad in the Valley? Try visiting Tucson. There is so much more of a cultural influence than up there. Tucson is also a lot dirtier than Phoenix and surrounding cities.
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 9:36:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Mills doesn't even compare to visiting Metro center or of course Desert Sky.  I have been in 2 or 3 near fights at metro, one of which was with about 15 black girls all about 15 years old.  I used to go to desert sky when I was younger on friday or saturday night just to watch the fights, never once was dissapointed.
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 12:11:23 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rich V

The problem is that AZ will be behind the Brown/Pink lines.
Red, White and Blue land will be up north around Wyoming.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top