Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2012 10:10:31 PM EDT
Been wanting to upgrade my old Ruger MK 1 pistol for quite a while.  The 6" bull barrel, while steady, and great for beating things to death  when you run out of rounds, is damned heavy.

Bought a .22LR suppressor a few months back for the boy's 10/22 and the stamp for it should be showing up any day now, so I thought it would be nice to have a companion to swap the suppressor onto whenever the need was there.

The solution was a Tactical Solutions PacLite upper for the Ruger pistol.  

Installation took a little bit, as it was very snug, and those MK 1 pistols are buggers to work on, but after about 5 minutes we had it on, function tested, and ran a few rounds through it.

For grins and giggles we attached the 1/2x28 suppressor mount to the barrel, and then a big can.  

The can and mount weigh about 5 ounces more than the pistol.  Just a bit front heavy.  The new can should change that, as it only weighs about 6 oz.

With CCI quiets, it is a kick, and they cycle.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Please tell me it's an easy swap,
I'm getting my old mans mk1, and I really want to put a PAC lite on it so I can run a dot and can

I'm hearing horror stories about everything involved in working on the mk series pistols though
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 12:28:39 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a fucking breeze.  Biggest issue once you get the upper on is making sure the hammer is far forward and after that, making sure the little "hang down bitch of a pin" is not sitting flat against the mag well.   I didn't even have to "peen" the receiver.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 3:01:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I hate Ruger .22 pistols, thank 3M for compressed air and aerosol lube.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 3:04:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Its nothing like a glock.

You know who to send it to for proper recycling.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 6:26:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Its nothing like a glock.

You know who to send it to for proper recycling.

Holy shit, did you win the lottery? You with an avatar confuses the shit out of me.
The only thing Im letting you recycle is the steel shed in my backyard, as much as he likes you, my old man would hulk fist both of us if the ruger went out of the family.

He bought it when he got back from his se asian tropical vacation, and It's the only gun that wasn't stolen from him when his apartment got hit in 74.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 8:50:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top