Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2008 6:26:03 PM EDT
I was curious if any of you guys have brought a 1919 down to the pit, and what mount you used to shoot off of?  ios ther enough room to get an M2 tripod on the table, even if you have to turn it sideways a bit?  Anyone use an adapted MG42 AA tripod, or just go with a 1919A6 stock kit?

Thanks,

Dawg
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Buddy of mine brought one.  We had set it up way to the end of the tables
to the right when you face the pit.  He had a 5 foot tripod, so we could shoot
standing up.  Not sure where the tripod came from, or probably was a modified
tripod.   Anyway...it as a good time..suffered a few jams...but that was part of the fun
trying to learn the gun and how to unjam the thing.

P.S.  It was a pain in the ass finding the links thru all that brass on the floor.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 12:05:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I built this one the Saturday before the  last BLASTFEST. I made it for shooting off a bench so it looks a little short.
Worked really well as it could swivel and shoot down to any place in the 'PIT'. It's a little light and I don't have any feet on it yet so it 'walked' a little under recoil, but 'all in all' it worked close to perfect!

BTW, it cost me about $5. The square tube and the small piece of plate were just laying around in the basement, and I bought the pin and bushing at Farm and Fleet.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 1:02:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
P.S.  It was a pain in the ass finding the links through all that brass on the floor.

That's why some of us like the cloth belts.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 3:03:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I used the MG42 AA which is nice because you mount in on the ground between the tables and you can stand.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 5:27:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I built this one the Saturday before the  last BLASTFEST. I made it for shooting off a bench so it looks a little short.
Worked really well as it could swivel and shoot down to any place in the 'PIT'. It's a little light and I don't have any feet on it yet so it 'walked' a little under recoil, but 'all in all' it worked close to perfect!

i38.photobucket.com/albums/e121/mikey250r/tpod01.jpg

BTW, it cost me about $5. The square tube and the small piece of plate were just laying around in the basement, and I bought the pin and bushing at Farm and Fleet.

Nice!  I think I saw your post on 1919A4 about that, but I didn't realize you were in Illinois...how much would you charge to build and ship one to the far west suburbs of Chicago?
[ETA]  Throw some feet on that and use some C-clamps to hold it down to a table adn I bet it wouldn't move at all.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 5:29:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I used the MG42 AA which is nice because you mount in on the ground between the tables and you can stand.

What type of adapter are you using between teh MG42 tripod and the 1919?  Looks like Rguns adapter is the cheapest route...
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 6:31:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I do not remember where I got mine from I think it may of been from ammunitionstore.com but not sure.  But R-guns looks simular and yes its probably the best way to go.  

1919's are fun but expensive to use now especially if you have a crank!  I have had mine now for a couple years and I took it out there any my kid burned through a 1000 rounds of 308 before I realized how much he used.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 12:38:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Kinda off the subject but have any of you converted yours to 8mm Mauser and what did you use.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 1:11:26 PM EDT
[#9]
My eleven year old shot a belt fed .50 there last year sitting on his butt off the tripod, still have the empties. I have VHS of me blasting away an M60 from when I was his age.

God Bless America
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Kinda off the subject but have any of you converted yours to 8mm Mauser and what did you use.

Can't you buy Israeli kits in 8mm? I would think 8mm is almost as costly to shoot these days as .308.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Buddy of mine brought one.  We had set it up way to the end of the tables
to the right when you face the pit.  He had a 5 foot tripod, so we could shoot
standing up.  Not sure where the tripod came from, or probably was a modified
tripod.   Anyway...it as a good time..suffered a few jams...but that was part of the fun
trying to learn the gun and how to unjam the thing.

P.S.  It was a pain in the ass finding the links thru all that brass on the floor.

Tarps are your friend.
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 3:27:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Nice!  I think I saw your post on 1919A4 about that, but I didn't realize you were in Illinois...how much would you charge to build and ship one to the far west suburbs of Chicago?
[ETA]  Throw some feet on that and use some C-clamps to hold it down to a table adn I bet it wouldn't move at all.

I can't build another one like that one because I used up most of my scrap. At first I didn't think that I even had enough for one tripod. If you find enough stuff for a tripod you are more than welcome to come down to Peru IL (not too terrible far from the far west 'burbs) and use the chop saw, torch, and welder. If you make it yourself it's WAYYYYYYYYYY more fun!!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2008 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 6/13/2008 11:22:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
img92.imageshack.us/img92/563/madeucefk4.jpg
img74.imageshack.us/img74/6928/m2reduxaj7.jpg

Tactical styrofoam, nice!

Say those .30-06 rounds look mighty big!
Link Posted: 6/14/2008 7:22:25 AM EDT
[#15]
that is a m2 .50 bmg!
big mama deuce!
Link Posted: 6/14/2008 8:04:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Dang, those M3 tripods are monsters!

Picked up an MG42 AA tripod with adapter from R-guns. ought to work perfectly at Buffalo.
Link Posted: 6/14/2008 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
that is a m2 .50 bmg!
big mama deuce!

Hence the wink smiley

Twas a joke, see, given the 1919 in the thread title. Guess I failed.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2008 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#18]
aww shucks! I got the M1919 and M2 confused..

the styrofoam wasn't very effective as you can clearly see

the tables there won't support the weight of a fully-loaded M2 with ammo can; but i suspect a 1919 on a tripod or A6 bipod would be a sweet set up.
A 1919A6 would be perfect for "The Pit"!

i'll be there in a few weeks

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top