Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2015 12:01:20 PM EDT
Looking for different kinds of fuses locally to avoid hazmat. I travel to NH and VT frequently so that's not out of the question, but would prefer local if possible.

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 12:04:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought cannon fuse a few years ago for my fireworks display. I don't remember paying any hazmat fees.
Mike

http://www.cannonfuse.com
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link Mike. I tried a few other sites and they all charged hazmat? I wonder if these guys are outside US and don't care?

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 1:08:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Traditions in Old Saybrook used to sell it. They still sell the mini-cannons, so its possible that they do.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 2:10:21 PM EDT
[#4]
The last time I ordered was in 2010. I just checked the box I store my fuse in and I still had the original packing slip. I ordered several hundred feet of fuse  in different burn rates. I was charged a little over $10.00 in shipping. No other charges were listed. I don't know if any laws have changed that would require the additional hazmat fees. I basically have a lifetime supply as I only use about 10 feet a year.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Looking for different kinds of fuses locally to avoid hazmat. I travel to NH and VT frequently so that's not out of the question, but would prefer local if possible.

View Quote

Guy in the shop next door to mine manufactures salute cannons ,steel and solid brass shotgun blank type. I will see if he's around next week and see if he knows, seems like the type of thing he would know.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:06:35 PM EDT
[#6]
i believe columbia sells it? correct me if im wrong...i dont shop for it but i thought i heard a buddy say they had some..
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 6:21:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

What do you consider "local"?  Greenwich?  Mystic?  Litchfield?  Hartford?  Pomfret?

Link Posted: 8/9/2015 6:36:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got some that I have no use for if you'd like it.  It's black and is pretty slow burning, iirc.   Don't have a mile of it but a few feet if you want it.  Just email me.  I'm in Enfield,

Rome
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 8:38:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the replies guys. I travel the whole state for work, so litterally anywhere in CT is "local".

I really appreciate the offer Rome, but it is for 37mm stuff, I would need specific size/burn rate.

Link Posted: 8/9/2015 9:50:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Try Center Sports in Columbia
860-228-1666 or 860-228-1668

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 7:26:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for all the replies guys. I travel the whole state for work, so litterally anywhere in CT is "local".

I really appreciate the offer Rome, but it is for 37mm stuff, I would need specific size/burn rate.

View Quote

I bought some cannon fuse from a company called "pyro creations" for a mini-cannon I have. Did not charge me haz-mat fees. They have a whole section for fuses with different burn rates and sizes.

Pyro Creations Fuses

I have ordered from them twice so far, and no issues either time.

Allot of their stuff seems to be aimed at the home-made fireworks people. If that's what you are doing with the fuse, then they should be able to help you out.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:59:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I checked at Center Sports Columbia yesterday - Jimmy said he ran out 4th of July weekend and has been waiting for another shipment.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Solid leads, thanks.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top