Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2014 1:51:40 PM EDT
Who all has done one???

Its gonna be a long slow build as funds are tight...

I know I want a dedicated 9mm lower, no Blocks... I think I want something that uses a Colt SMG mag... Like a CMMG or Rock River.

Really want something Completed, not stripped, so all the parts are in it.. CMMG sells a Completed Pistol lower, so I could use it like that, till the Form 1 comes back.

Upper, Not sure, Almost want a Completed one too that way I know all the parts are made to work together...  CMMG also makes one to go on that lower mentioned above.

Barrel, I think I want to go with a TROS USA 5" http://www.trosusa.com/SMG_Barrels/coltm169a.htm

I want to always run it suppressed, I have an Octane 45 HD in jail that I was hoping I could get the three lug Adapter for and put it on the TROS barrel and have it stick out of the Rail like 2-3"s or so...

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#1]
they can be fun.  a friend has a non-sbr 9mm.  it is built on a CMMG lower.  we have had some problems with it breaking the buffer retention pin on the buffer tube (has broke 3 now).  he is using a really heavy buffer and mainly shoots 147gr subs from it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an 8" build that I am expecting to be be approved on any day now, today has been 24 days since I e-filed.

I used an CMMG dedicated lower, Ranier arms upper without a forward assist, CMMG ramped bolt, a POF Px4 rail, Ranier Arms mini comp I drilled out.  I can not remember the maker of the barrel.  I got it from another member and researched it at the time.

It shoots great.  Do NOT try using  RRA bolt with a CMMG lower.  The bolt stop in the CMMG is sturdier and slightly taller than what RRA uses.  I found this out the hard way.  I suppose a RRA ramped bolt might work but I have not tried.

You can use Uzi mags with a mag catch hole cut in.  The 32 rounders can be had for $10.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Forgot to ask...

Are you aware of the $200 rebate deal on the $300 9mm suppressor?  

http://www.silencershop.com/shop/aac-evolution-9/
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one ddles glock lower, s&w upper no fa, fortis rev rail, cmmg bolt narrowed for the glock mag, spikes buffer. Unknown barrel came off the EE here. Only a couple hundred rounds through it but runs great. If my evo9 could get bail I'd be really happy
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Forgot to ask...

Are you aware of the $200 rebate deal on the $300 9mm suppressor?  

http://www.silencershop.com/shop/aac-evolution-9/
View Quote
I wasn't...  Not a bad deal at all, if your looking at another AAC can or something else they make after that one... Its an AAC credit not 200 back...  

I think if I had the money I'd still  jump on it that...

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I just built one. I didn't want a dedicated lower at the time but  I kinda do now and I think this may be the the best choice. http://www.qcircle10.com/
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:12:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a cmmg 9mm marked sbr lower for a while. It had a dedicated Hahn block in it and ran well with both a 5" TROS Barrelled upper and a RRA factory 10.5 pistol upper.  With the 5" TROS, it was very compact, but the 10"-11.5" guns in any AR are my favorites for overall feel/balance.  I'll see if I can find some older pics.
If doing one again, the circle 10 looks great so far..

Same two cmmg sbr lowers with a 5.56 upper on top and a 10.5" RRA 9mm upper on the bottom gun.

Same gun, different optics and firearms grip

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:25:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I had a cmmg 9mm marked sbr lower for a while. It had a dedicated Hahn block in it and ran well with both a 5" TROS Barrelled upper and a RRA factory 10.5 pistol upper.  With the 5" TROS, it was very compact, but the 10"-11.5" guns in any AR are my favorites for overall feel/balance.  I'll see if I can find some older pics.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff157/scocor83/kourts006.jpg

Same two cmmg sbr lowers with a 5.56 upper on top and a 10.5" RRA 9mm upper on the bottom gun.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff157/scocor83/sbrtwins.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff157/scocor83/SBRPunisher2.jpg
View Quote

Whats up with the Circle 10 Lowers? Two people in a row mentioned them, What makes them the choice over all the other brands????

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Whats up with the Circle 10 Lowers? Two people in a row mentioned them, What makes them the choice over all the other brands????

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They took over the design from the now closed DDLES company.  People are gaga over them because they make small magwell lowers and they make a model that accepts Glock mags.  

Personally, I don't see the value when they cost just shy of $300 for a stripped lower.  For that money you can get a complete CMMG with tube, buffer, and stock.  Just the other day I saw that center fire systems has stripped dedicated 9mm lowers branded GPI in the $140 range.  So the circle 10 is a hefty premium for a certain look.  I guess it is slightly more justifiable if you have a pile of Glock mags already and want to be able to use the same mags between pistol and rifle.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:00:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They took over the design from the now closed DDLES company.  People are gaga over them because they make small magwell lowers and they make a model that accepts Glock mags.  

Personally, I don't see the value when they cost just shy of $300 for a stripped lower.  For that money you can get a complete CMMG with tube, buffer, and stock.  Just the other day I saw that center fire systems has stripped dedicated 9mm lowers branded GPI in the $140 range.  So the circle 10 is a hefty premium for a certain look.  I guess it is slightly more justifiable if you have a pile of Glock mags already and want to be able to use the same mags between pistol and rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well you are comparing billet to forged, obviously they won't be the same price.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:11:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Obviously...  Still not worth the over $100 premium to me.  Ymmv...
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I had a cmmg dedicated 9mm lower. Had a jse surplus custom upper w/ a cmmg ramped bolt. Ran like a top.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:39:25 PM EDT
[#13]
My build is pending the TROS barrel. The pile of parts is taunting me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:27:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've heard those barrels are taking 6 months to get. I went with an Adco and just put a Tros 3-lug adapter on.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:33:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I've heard those barrels are taking 6 months to get. I went with an Adco and just put a Tros 3-lug adapter on.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is gonna sound dumb, but how do you do that?

The Tros from what I can tell is machined, Lathed, CNCed or whatever with those three lugs...

The Adcos from what I can tell are just threaded to what you specify...

The three lug piston adapters screw into the back of the can, and it fits and seemingly twist locks onto the three lugs, if I have this right..

With the Adco barrel, it seems like you just buy the 1/2x28 or whatever piston and it fits into the can, then the can screws on...
Doesn't seem to me like you take a threaded barrel, screw something on that had 3 lugs, then put the 3 lug piston on the can and then twist lock the can on...

Or is that in fact what you did???  I'm new to this 9mm AR stuff, so forgive my ignorance...

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The Tros from what I can tell is machined, Lathed, CNCed or whatever with those three lugs...

The three lug piston adapters screw into the back of the can, and it fits and seemingly twist locks onto the three lugs, if I have this right..

With the Adco barrel, it seems like you just buy the 1/2x28 or whatever piston and it fits into the can, then the can screws on...

Doesn't seem to me like you take a threaded barrel, screw something on that had 3 lugs, then put the 3 lug piston on the can and then twist lock the can on...

Or is that in fact what you did???  I'm new to this 9mm AR stuff, so forgive my ignorance...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

if you are putting the can on a sbr you don't need the piston setup on it (since the only thing the piston does is help cycle a piston that has a moving barrel). the reason you put a 3 lug adapter instead of screw-on is the same reason you would put a 51T mount on a 5.56 gun, so that it is quick connect/disconnect.  Also it seems that most SMG cans are only QD cans and not screw on.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
if you are putting the can on a sbr you don't need the piston setup on it (since the only thing the piston does is help cycle a piston that has a moving barrel). the reason you put a 3 lug adapter instead of screw-on is the same reason you would put a 51T mount on a 5.56 gun, so that it is quick connect/disconnect.  Also it seems that most SMG cans are only QD cans and not screw on.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You bring a good point about the Piston on a fixed barrel, they have a fixed barrel thread adapter deal for the back of my Octane, that would probably be the better option for putting it on a Adco threaded barrel.

But, that still does not explain, how he is taking a threaded Adco barrel and using the 3 Lug adapter...  

Wait, found somethng I didn't know they made....  

Says its threads are 1/2x36 2B, so this would thread onto the Adco Barrel, then the 3lug adapter deal on top of that, then the can...

I did not know they made that part there, now I think the mystery is solved...

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Says its threads are 1/2x36 2B, so this would thread onto the Adco Barrel, then the 3lug adapter deal on top of that, then the can...

View Quote

Bingo!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:08:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Barrel showed in today's mail, took about 10 weeks. I believe they batch manufacture orders, so it depends on where your order lands in the process. I figured I had plenty of time, as I had just filed the eForm 1. My build is complete , pics pending de-derpifying my potato.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:25:50 AM EDT
[#20]

RRA dedicated 9mm upper and lower receivers

CMMG bolt

TROS 5" 3-lug barrel

Seekins Precision MCSR v2 9" handguard

Gemtech Multimount w/3-lug mount
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:15:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Does your DDLES have the LRBHO feature?  Not a deal breaker, but the new QC10 come with and without and I'm curious how they work.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:26:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
they can be fun.  a friend has a non-sbr 9mm.  it is built on a CMMG lower.  we have had some problems with it breaking the buffer retention pin on the buffer tube (has broke 3 now).  he is using a really heavy buffer and mainly shoots 147gr subs from it.
View Quote

It sounds like the hole for the buffer retaining pin is drilled to far to the rear.

When the carbine is assembled the carrier should cause the buffer to be under slight pressure removing ALL pressure from the retaining pin.

One indicator is the buffer developing marks on it. It can also be from the carrier being too short.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:46:49 AM EDT
[#23]
CMMG dedicated 9mm lower, cmmg upper with TROS 3 lug adapter....
E1CMs swr 9mm can

Original Config CMMG on top and Dalphon/Oly on the bottom...
The Oly uses modified STEN mags or you can get the Block as well (I have several different options for that.)
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#24]
I've got one I quite like as well

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yup. The 3-lug adapters are available to fit 1/2-28 threads as well.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo!

Yup, that is what mine is... 1/2-28 UNEF 3A
Tactical Innovations offers them as well.
Mine came from TROS.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:47:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I built up two, one for me and one for a friend. Mine never really hit the reliable stage so I ended up getting rid of it. My buddy's has never failed him (although it did launch part of his Multimount downrange). I may look into the QC10 offering though since I have a lot of 9mm Glocks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#28]

This is one I built a few years ago. RR upper, TROS 3-lug, YHM rail (I think), it seemed to fit the trident nicely. After I got my MP-5 I decided I hated dealing with the mag block. I think the dedicated lower is the way to go. Mine was incredibly sensitive to the adjustment of that mag block. I've been thinking about listing on EE as it hasn't been shot in years....
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Mine came from TROS.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bingo!

Mine came from TROS.

Any pics of the Adapter on the Gun and the Can on that???  

If ya have'em cool, but don't go outta your way to take'em...

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo!
cYup. The 3-lug adapters are available to fit 1/2-28 threads as well.  

Mine came from TROS.

Ummm yes... in my original post I think...

Chrome lined CMMG 10.5" cut it down to 10, rethreaded, TROS three lug adapter....
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Here's mine...I only took it out once for about 20 rounds and had issues with it stove piping spent brass.  People in the pistol caliber forum thought it was probably due to the [shitty] c products mags I was using so I bought some good metalform mags and never took it back out, and that was a loooong time ago.    damn lack of time.

Eta...I did swap in the buffer and spring from a colt ar I was shooting and I had the same result...so I don't think the heavy buffer or spring was at fault - now I need to take it out again

adco 5" barrel
Silencerco Octane 9 HD
RRA 9mm upper, RRA 9mm bolt
Yhm diamond mid length rail
Heavy buffers 9mm buffer and spring
RRA SBR lower
spikes mag block
Magpul lower parts
Magpul buis
Vortex strikefire optic

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:27:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Mine SHOULD have been done by now . . if the shipping co hadn't decided to take it on a week long senic tour of the north west states.
MAY be here on Thurs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top