Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2007 9:56:11 PM EDT
Bought the net and 5lb. barbell weight at Joes and pvc pipe at Lowe's costing me about $15. Took it out to TCGC which caught 100% of my 9mm brasses and 90% of my 45acp brasses. You can cut the pvc pipe to any lenght and the key to catching the brasses is having it at the right angle.

Link Posted: 6/19/2007 11:45:27 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Yeah, but how does it mount to the gun?

Duct Tape. Duh.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#2]
What is that net made out of?

If it is some sort of plastic composite, be careful about letting anyone shoot .22LR brass into it.  It would probably melt holes into it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

If it is some sort of plastic composite, be careful about letting anyone shoot .22LR brass into it.  It would probably melt holes into it.

doesnt look like the net would hold them anyway

*edit. looked at the pics again, i guess its a little smaller than i thought.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Ya know that is a pretty cool concept.  especially If you had different mounts, or an adjustable one.

Perhaps then if you were shooting somewhere like memaloose, somewhere without benches, you could just adjust it, walk up to it and mag dump away. nothing hanging off the gun!

I shot over 800 rounds of 9mm this weekend and picked up nearly ALL empties off the ground.
dirty and a back ache.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I shot over 800 rounds of 9mm this weekend and picked up nearly ALL empties off the ground.
dirty and a back ache.

Have you checked in to those Magnets with the wheels on each end and a broom handle attached (if I was clever enough I would have just posted a pic)

Maybe harbor frieght has one for cheep that you can break and warranty a few times

edit:     im dumb brass is non ferrous      DUH
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

dirty and a back ache.

Have you checked in to those Magnets with the wheels on each end and a broom handle attached (if I was clever enough I would have just posted a pic)

Maybe harbor frieght has one for cheep that you can break and warranty a few times

edit:     im dumb brass is non ferrous      DUH

I should call HF everyday for a week and ask if they have brass magnets.  

"EEh needs to reload ma ammos go bang".
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Some one should really get to work though and create some magnets for aluminum and brass.

You would become broke way before you became rich if some one tried though
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No problem with 22LR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top