Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2012 8:07:30 AM EDT
Has anyone done it? A friend and I are looking to do it and wondering if it's worth the drive from Ft Worth. we like the state lands, since it comes to $73 a year for licenses, no fees or leases and such.

unless you known of somewhere closer we can hog hunt?
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 9:19:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 12:08:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I have been twice. First trip was in March 2011, Second in Aug 2011. Saw no hogs on either weekend trip.

I did see promising signs on the first trip. In the southeastern most edge of the WMA, near the Neches River, there is a small marsh looking area that was semi dried up that had tracks, wallows, and rutted up areas. There is maybe a hundred yards or so between this area and the river. I'll attach a map image in a little bit to detail where we hunted on both occasions. There are definitely hogs out there, I just wish I had more time when I was there.

The second trip was short and miserable. It got into 100 degrees that weekend so we didn't stay long. We instead scouted out the WMA to plan another trip, hopefully soon in the next month.

The forest itself is pretty thick to hunt through, and there is a lot of it. And there is no shortage of ticks either.

IM me if you want more details.

ETA: to add map.  RED oval is area described above.

ETA: Map 2

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I've hunted out there a few times.  Stalked for hours through the woods and didn't see a thing.  Drove around a few hours and saw a few squirrels and a few doe.  Other than that, just alot of trees, beer cans, and streamers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top