Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 69
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone doing Soulman's for Mesquite on Saturday or Sunday?  Hell, anyone wanting to meet for lunch anywhere before Mesquite this weekend?

I'm undermotivated for going to the show, but meeting Arfcommers for lunch could push me into going.  Especially since the weather looks unfavorable for outdoor activity this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 11:44:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you going to make them answer questions about a desert island?  
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 11:49:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By backbencher:
Are you going to make them answer questions about a desert island?  
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 11:50:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Check the old $300 thread.  Home Depot or Lowes has em as well, maybe.

GWACS should.
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#5]
SULPHUR SPRINGS IS Friday and Saturday only...Alan cut under cut on contracting for Sunday.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By douglasmorris99:  SULPHUR SPRINGS IS Friday and Saturday only...Alan cut under cut on contracting for Sunday.
View Quote
He should update his website.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#7]
How were the shows today?
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#8]
How were the shows today?
View Quote
I set up at Mesquite for the first time, it was a good show for me...I'll give it to Premier, they get asses through the door unlike DACA anymore...

Selling was pretty good, better than the last year or so at DACA...

Picked up an awesomely good, aged repro German LSR scope can...for $140....considering real ones run $1k and up, I am thrilled with it.

And picked up a S&W Victory model, mid '42 production, complete with lanyard ring for $400 cash money.

And a few odds and ends, so I was happy...

We'll see how tomorrow goes, but already paid for my table in May...
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Got to Big Town early and despite the rain, it was a good size crowd.  Lots of roof leaks.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I went to it today with the wife and kids and picked up a Sig 320 Carry CPO for 329. I was surprised with the turn out also especially with the weather.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 2:59:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got back from Big Town...  crowds seemed light.  I had no trouble parking.  Gun guys said business had been good.  Accessory guys said not so much.  Both agreed that it was much more crowded yesterday.  I was looking for a few mags, but they were priced kind of high I thought.  The price on the .41 mag Henry I want is dropping.  I figure one or two more shows and it will be mine.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 9:35:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought Bigtown was a fantastic show...Sunday's tend to be dog's...typical of Sunday things started slowly, but as people got done with Church and breakfast and such, there was a good crowd for the rest of the day, and it was full of people right up until close...I will admit, DACA is a ghost town by 2:00, 2:30 on Sunday.

Again, Premier is apparently doing things right...cant wait for the next show in May, going to try and do the Allen show in July too.

And for those who always complain there are no deals, I think I got a great one today....was looking at the Sig M17's...online everywhere they are $650....the show had them from $650, down to $550....The lowest price I saw yesterday was $550, so I went to talk to that particular dealer this morning before the show opened. Wanted to see if they'd take a check, they said sure, talked a little while with them, told them I'd come back later.

I went back around noon, just to hedge my bet against them selling the all coyote with manual safety...when I got there, they had actually lowered their price to $525, NIB, pistol, 2 mags...Plus you got a SIG M17 ball cap, and a special deal with SIG was going on, I can go online tomorrow, send them proof of purchase, SIG will send me 2 21 round mags for free, and I got a voucher for $80 to the SIG shop...I think that was a swinging deal...maybe I am wrong, but I looked at online prices and couldn't find anywhere close....

So for $537 out the door, I got the M17, 2 standard mags, a hat, and will be getting 2 more 21 round mags, and $80 to spend at the SIG store...I am sure I can find something there to spend it on...

The dealer is out of Waxahachie, family run place, great selection, and super nice people.

Honestly, it was just a great show, IMHO....
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#13]
20-21 April

Belton - really enjoyed this show at the beginning of March.  I recommend it.

27-28 April

Fort Worth (Premier) - y'all post up where you want to meet for lunch
Tyler - this is a good mid-tier show, if you can't make Fort Worth.

4-5 May

Henderson
Lewisville - small, but decent prices, free parking, see my recent post on what I picked up & pricing.

11-12 May

Bastrop (Premier) - don't normally cover this far south, but it's the only one in the state advertised for this weekend.  Bastrop's a cool little town, glad they're taking the money since Austin went full retard.

18-19 May
Abilene
Belton - this is a good mid-tier show.
Mesquite Big Town (Premier)

25-26 May
Dallas Market Hall - not as big as it once was, but free parking and a great place to find older arms and militaria.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 8:39:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Post up if you hit Belton today.  When I visited it was a good medium show.

Had a nightmare last night that DACA had shrunk to two rows of tables.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 10:48:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Post up if you hit Belton today.  When I visited it was a good medium show.

Had a nightmare last night that DACA had shrunk to two rows of tables.
View Quote
I might go tomorrow
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#16]
27-28 April

Fort Worth (Premier) - y'all post up where you want to meet for lunch
Tyler - this is a good mid-tier show, if you can't make Fort Worth.

4-5 May

Henderson
Lewisville - small, but decent prices, free parking, see my recent post on what I picked up & pricing.

11-12 May

Bastrop (Premier) - don't normally cover this far south, but it's the only one in the state advertised for this weekend.  Bastrop's a cool little town, glad they're taking the money since Austin went full retard.

18-19 May
Abilene

25-26 May
Dallas Market Hall - not as big as it once was, but free parking and a great place to find older arms and militaria.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm in for Saturday but need to go early. Anyone up for breakfast @ the Montgomery Street Cafe?
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm set up again in Tyler doing knife sharpening and trading off some of my gun junk.  If any of you make it over this way stop by and say hi!

In the main room opposite the stage, with the big Baldor buffer with wheels used for sharpening.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Just arrived at Ft Worth.  Arfcom hat.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:58:29 PM EDT
[#20]
It was a pretty good show.  The hall was almost full, though the last row on the east side was pretty worthless.  I do like this show, but it's a pretty close mirror of Big Town.  And once again, I spent 3.5 hours of driving on the 120 mile round trip because of asshatery on I-30.  Eight different wrecks, two of which were very major.  Every one of them involved lane closures.  So as fun as the show was, I'll probably pass on going again.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah.  Big Town is the slightly smaller mirror of the FW Will Rogers show.  I like them both, but if you're not a gun show junkie like me, just go to the one's that closest.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Tyler was decent yesterday.  Lots of new and old.  Crazy prices on prelock S&Ws.  The $800 SKS was tempting, as was the $2000 Marlin 39A.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 4:56:41 PM EDT
[#23]
My first time at the Will Rogers Ft. Worth show today. Had a good time. Met Jose and bought a couple of cigars. Will try one later this evening. Nice show. Found a weaver T 10 with the original caps! Cheap! That alone was worth the fee. Saw a colt 9mm upper for a fair price I should have bought. Paid too much for a Savage 775 16 gauge but it's in great shape and I had been wanting one. Wasn't sure I was going till this morning or I would have posted. Maybe I'll meet up with some of you at the next one.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#24]
4-5 May

Henderson

11-12 May

Bastrop (Premier) - don't normally cover this far south, but it's the only one in the state advertised for this weekend.  Bastrop's a cool little town, glad they're taking the money since Austin went full retard.  Nice little gun shop under the bridge, stocks .50 BMG.

18-19 May
Abilene

25-26 May
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Triggerstuck you should have stopped by and said hi!  Tyler show was much smaller than normal.  Seems this weekend our biggest competition was just like the early internet-nice weather outside!  I still had fun, left with some new toys, at least to me, and got rid of some gun junk that I don't use anymore.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 11:34:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Cleburne is 4-5 May
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 11:44:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Rio762:
Cleburne is 4-5 May
View Quote
Got a link?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 11:48:30 PM EDT
[#28]
No, but it's a Whipps Farm Show.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#29]
11-12 May

Bastrop (Premier) - don't normally cover this far south, but it's the only one in the state advertised for this weekend.  Bastrop's a cool little town, glad they're taking the money since Austin went full retard.  Nice little gun shop under the bridge, stocks .50 BMG.

18-19 May
Abilene

25-26 May
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 11:32:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Went to the Bastrop show yesterday. Only problem was the building is a bit small, so limited the vendors, but the vendors were over 90% guns/gun stuff. Also the isles were pretty narrow because of the smaller building.

A lot of people at the show from 10-12 Saturday, parking was free the lot was full but plenty of street parking. Only vendors missing was no vendors selling powder and primers (unless I missed them).

For $8 it was not a bad show, I would go again.
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 9:45:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Weekend bump.
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Sorry fellas, forgot to update.  Will fix.
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 10:43:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#33]
18-19 May
Abilene Civic Center - Texas Gun & Knife
Belton Expo Center- Lone Star - this is a good mid-tier show.
Mesquite Big Town - Premier

25-26 May
Dallas Market Hall - DACA - not as big as it once was, but free parking and a great place to find older arms and militaria.

1-2 June
Carthage Civic Center - G&S
Fort Worth Will Rogers - Lone Star
Witchita Falls Kickapoo Airport - Whipp Farm

8-9 June
Burleson Event Center - Whipp Farm

15-16 June
Lewisville Lakeland Plaza - Premier
Waxahachie Civic Center - Premier

22-23 June
Fort Worth Will Rogers - Premier
Nacogdoches Civic Center - G&S

29-30 June
Belton Expo Center - Real Texas
Tyler Convention Center - Lone Star
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 11:08:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Anyone going to Mesquite or is the weather threat keeping you in?
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#35]
I was there. Tried to sell my PSL but everyone was lowballing me. It was fairly crowded for the weather being what it is.
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By RandomGuy1911A1:
I was there. Tried to sell my PSL but everyone was lowballing me. It was fairly crowded for the weather being what it is.
View Quote
What were you saying?

Is it a newer one?, Scope? number of mags?

not looking to buy but gain knewgle

I might chop 4" of my PSL barrel is help with the barrel whip
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 7:43:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Old, first wave import. 220 rounds of wolf through it, with another 180 rounds included with the gun. Kept in a safe since I got sent to a ban state a couple of months after I got it. I was asking $1500 for it as it came from the distributor (scope, 1 mag, no cleaning rod). It's nicer than the new imports by a mile and there was one on a table in worse condition for $1750.

I was being offered $1k for it, most was $1200. Funny how every person making an offer bought one a few weeks ago for $1100.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 10:59:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Bumpity-bump for those so inclined:

25-26 May
Dallas Market Hall - DACA - not as big as it once was, but free parking and a great place to find older arms and militaria.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 12:07:47 AM EDT
[#39]
25-26 May

1-2 June
Carthage Civic Center - G&S
Fort Worth Will Rogers - Lone Star
Witchita Falls Kickapoo Airport - Whipp Farm

8-9 June
Burleson Event Center - Whipp Farm

15-16 June
Lewisville Lakeland Plaza - Premier
Waxahachie Civic Center - Premier

22-23 June
Fort Worth Will Rogers - Premier
Nacogdoches Civic Center - G&S

29-30 June
Belton Expo Center - Real Texas
Tyler Convention Center - Lone Star

Whoops.  If y’all will bump this Sunday night I'll try to remember to edit the OP.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#40]
25-26 May
View Quote
Anyone working a booth at Market Hall?  Thinking about going.  Still working on coffee and catching up on Arfcom posts.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Mauser98k(?) might be there.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 2:20:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Just arrived.   Green Arfcom hat and knapsack.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Sorry - already gone. Scored pre ban mags for smuggling into commie states and some retro AR parts, so it was an OK show for me, as it usually is even with the smaller size.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By HenryKnoxFineBooks:
Sorry - already gone. Scored pre ban mags for smuggling into commie states and some retro AR parts, so it was an OK show for me, as it usually is even with the smaller size.
View Quote
Yeah...  hands down the smallest Market Hall I've been to since 1985.  They've  curtained off at least 1/4 of the main hall.   Parking was super easy.  Knife and Gun would be a better description from what I've seen so far.

I'm bumming.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#45]
We're losing money hand over fist on these shows.  DACA is only $50/yr, so I joined.  Quite a bit of drama when the money isn't flowing in like it used to.

Still bigger than Louisville or Mesquite Rodeo, but can't hold a candle to Mesquite Big Town or even the smaller of the two FW shows.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 5:21:54 PM EDT
[#46]
We're losing money hand over fist on these shows.  DACA is only $50/yr, so I joined.  Quite a bit of drama when the money isn't flowing in like it used to.

Still bigger than Louisville or Mesquite Rodeo, but can't hold a candle to Mesquite Big Town or even the smaller of the two FW shows.
View Quote
Yeah...  I'm sure DACA is losing money on this.  And at the rate the show has been shrinking, I'm not sure how long it's sustainable as a show.   I was shocked at how small it was.  It was shear boredom that took me there today.  And the show didn't help my boredom even one tiny bit.

I hate to predict it, but unless something really radical happens, there will be no more Market Hall shows beginning sometime in 2020.  I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't support a show that's been that sad as the last 3 times I attended.  And based on the easy parking and complete lack of crowds inside, I'm not alone.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Slow moving morning and bored, so I made the drive down there. Unreal how small this show has become. I bought some low recoil 12 ga. ammo and went home.

Didn't even buy any jerky.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Just 3 years ago it was packed and there were aircraft in the side hall.  The fall has been dramatic.

Other vendors have seen declines as well.  Went to the Denton show a few months back and it wasn't there.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 9:28:53 PM EDT
[#49]
I completely forgot about the Denton Show, which used to be pretty decent.

Cue The Kingston Trio, "Where Have All the Gunshows Gone?"  
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Just 3 years ago it was packed and there were aircraft in the side hall.  The fall has been dramatic.

Other vendors have seen declines as well.  Went to the Denton show a few months back and it wasn't there.
View Quote
Is this due to infighting in DACA or something else? Has the market finally saturated to a point where a show once a quarter isn't sustainable?
The old Militaria shows at the Convention Center were lots of fun. Dallas politics finally ruined that show and everything seemed to move over to Market Hall.
What will it take for this show to come back to its former glory?
Page / 69
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top