Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2008 6:01:16 AM EDT
i already have a norinco sks and a couple of ar rifles but i would like to get an ak-47 clone. i have heard the norinco mak-90 is legal.....but are there any others?
thanks in advance
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 7:56:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, Romy SAR & WASR are legal as well as Arsenal Inc. Just about any as long as they are in post ban configuration and the receiver is stamped AK74.

Link Posted: 5/17/2008 7:38:52 AM EDT
[#2]
so, a century arms yugo like this one (if it had no bayonet lug) and 15 round mags is fine?

Link Posted: 5/17/2008 8:11:10 AM EDT
[#3]
The yugo is fine if you remove the bayonet lug and permanently attach the muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 5/17/2008 8:19:25 AM EDT
[#4]
nice... that's what i've been reading. but, i'm the type to double and triple check. now, if i just get some nj legal mags i'll be set.
Link Posted: 5/17/2008 4:38:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Cut them down froma 30 rounder.

Link Posted: 5/17/2008 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Has anyone ordered one through a north Jersey dealer?  I know there was an thread about Meltzers not ordering any more AK type rifles or something along those lines awhile ago.  I'm in the market for an AK too, just wondering if there are any knowledgeable dealers by me to save some of the hassle.    
Link Posted: 5/18/2008 3:25:30 AM EDT
[#7]
If you want an ak go too p.a a gun show or brick armory..Only other choice is find one on gunbroker and send it too yourr ffl..Sarco too will have them
Link Posted: 5/18/2008 4:47:33 AM EDT
[#8]
not too many pa gun dealers will sell ak's to nj residents.
Link Posted: 5/18/2008 6:06:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
not too many pa gun dealers will sell ak's to nj residents.

I was just at the Allentown PA gunshow, where I saw some AKs that had cards next to them saying "NJ Legal". Also Surplus City is Feasterville has a nice selection of AKs  & I think they will sell to NJ residents.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top