Originally Posted By RegionRat:
Sounded like you had a good trip.

How did you place in your P100 run?
View Quote
264-5x was good enough for 615th.

The 100 cutoff was 286-7.
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 8:36:45 PM EDT
[#4]
That looks like a great time. Can’t wait to make it out there.
All them shots in the background, I can almost smell the powder from here lol
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 2:32:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#5]
This young lady got a quick intro from Da and I at the 50ft range with .22LR conversion before she went to SAFS at Camp Perry. Up there, she ended up stuck with an HBAR A4, but kept smiling when finished. She met the TSRA team and jived well.

A couple weeks later we had another practice. HBAR rifles just aren't gonna fit her for another year or two, even with an adjustable stock. I didn't want to spoil her, but I needed something less frustrating NOW, so I set her up with Plucky. Over about four 10-shot strings, I tightened the sling little by little as I worked her towards a proper low position with fundamentals emphasized.

Finally she complained "it" was aiming low.
"How is it aiming low?"
"....... I think I was pulling up and now I'm not. "
*facepalm*

So I gave the sling a big adjustment, and sure enough she couldn't even snap-in, so I backed it off til she just could. The carbine's never shot well with any of the three conversion kits the club has - about 9 MOA extreme spread, but she stayed inside of it with some nice stitches. I'm considering requesting the club buy parts for at least one dedicated .22LR upper since we rarely go to full distance matches, and even a 3-4 MOA combo is only good up to Sharpshooter/low Expert.

Her dad got some teachin' from my Dad.
Attachment Attached File

That's about a foot difference in our sling setting.
Attachment Attached File

Remember when I said I didn't want to spoil her? I swapped out the 0.034" post for a 0.050" post, and put the DCH with 0.050" aperture on. I put it to the test first. New video coming soonTM.

ETA: maybe not soon. Windows 10 update shat on me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 1:18:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:
The carbine's never shot well with any of the three conversion kits the club has - about 9 MOA extreme spread, but she stayed inside of it with some nice stitches. I'm considering requesting the club buy parts for at least one dedicated .22LR upper since we rarely go to full distance matches, and even a 3-4 MOA combo is only good up to Sharpshooter/low Expert.
View Quote
I teach Appleseeds and haven’t seen a conversion yet that could beat 3 MOA.  Most end up shooting 6’ish and I had one in a Daniel Defense that was more of a 40 MOA shooter than 4.

Teaching someone with one (or learning) is frustrating because you can’t get good feedback.
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 5:49:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#7]
Yeah, videos will be a while.

Had .22 practice with the young lady last week to get her functional for the 7-Sept match. Her main hurdles were the noise and recoil of centerfire, the slight change in manual-of-arms, and getting brass-branded in Prone Rapid. She maintained good discipline during the burn!

Standing was her best score at 59/100. All shots hit paper - five 9s, 8, 6, and three misses real close to the 5 ring.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 7:12:56 PM EDT
[#8]
We all start somewhere...

We know she can do it, the question is usually if she wants to do it...

I hope she does. Good Luck to her and to all.
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 8:48:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Iron Sight M4gery | Aug 2019 HP Rifle Match
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 12:15:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Considering you ran without a coat, and used irons after a long spell with glass, I say you did pretty darned good.

Especially the offhand.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 1:00:28 AM EDT
[#11]
No kidding.  Great job!  
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#12]
I trimmed and moved one of the UTG covers to the rear 6:00 spot on the rail so the girl's hand web doesn't get pinched during Standing.

I got a LARB buffer cap a few weeks ago, and it seemed to take the shock out of the compression of the bolt cycle. I swapped that cap to an H3 buffer, and I plan to test function tomorrow.

My brain reads heavier/slower recip. mass as more recoil, but maybe it'll feel less to her.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 10:31:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I put heavy buffers in all my rifles and carbines.  It seems to help.

Awesome job helping her out and getting the gun to work for her!
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 11:36:21 PM EDT
[#14]
If you take a small kit of the stuff for a range day, just double blind test her and see which ones she thinks feel the best to her.

Strapped into prone, it should be easy for her to judge and it only takes minutes to swap the parts and retest.
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 5:25:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#15]
3 rounds, single loaded, standing - locked back. 2 rounds single loaded, 2-hands/no shoulder - locked back. A few mags with 2, 4, and 6 rounds, standing - locked back. 20 rounds no issue so far.

It moves less. Not 3-gamer by any means, but less, maybe 10-15%. I expected it to be slow enough to ka-chuk, but I didn't find myself waiting on the bolt. Very pleasant. Hopefully 100 rounds of fouling doesn't cause it to choke.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Considering you ran without a coat, and used irons after a long spell with glass, I say you did pretty darned good.

Especially the offhand.
View Quote
i'd agree fantastic shooting!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#17]
3 rounds, single loaded, standing - locked back. 2 rounds single loaded, 2-hands/no shoulder - locked back. A few mags with 2, 4, and 6 rounds, standing - locked back. 20 rounds no issue so far.

It moves less. Not 3-gamer by any means, but less, maybe 10-15%. I expected it to be slow enough to ka-chuk, but I didn't find myself waiting on the bolt. Very pleasant. Hopefully 100 rounds of fouling doesn't cause it to choke.
View Quote
Sounds good. I'm guessing, but if it is run wet it will be fine.

Good Luck, in for the range report.
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 11:58:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#18]
It ran fine with XM193 between 35-55*F. I noticed less movement when the girl shot Standing. When I asked if there was a difference, she indicated positively. I call it a success.

After today's 4H 3P class, another young lady was introduced to HP with the .22 conversions from Sitting. Her proportions are functional with a collapsible stocked NM A2, but my carbine was much more pleasant.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 11:49:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks like girl #1 is gonna tag along as an out-of-competition entry in an MBAR match. Good excuse to exercise the shot process with fewer distractions. I'm hoping for a <1.5 minute MR, and consistent zero.

It's also that time of year where the home east facing range sucks in the morning, and this other range faces west.  Gonna spoil her.

My dad will probably end up using his M70 or a friend's Steyr M95. I'll use the fully semi bolt action Garand.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#20]
While consistent, the on target performance wasn't pleasing. I let her finish the last clip of ammo in the Garand and she held an SR-21 9-ring group, 3x better than the M4. The combo of her eyeglass prescription and 16" sight radius is in question. Testing with an A4 is on the horizon.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 6:33:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#21]
Excuses:
-The targets were dark all day. Even the buff.
-I was on the sloped firing point.
-I used my regular glasses with a lower lens-nosepad height.

Weather: 35-50*F, <5mph.

Load:
-Wet moly'd 50gr VMAX
-27.0gr CFE 223
-FC case
-CCI 450
-OAL 2.255" +/-0.003

I've got a hold of an Ultradot Matchdot II, but didn't get to zero beforehand. I chose the 2 MOA dot as the EOTech-like reticle is a little busy. Brightness #5. The first sighters were 11:00 6s. Six clicks down and three clicks right ended up about 4:00 10, so a click up and left liked the X-ring.

Standing went well. During prep I remembered to check NPoA and blade less to center up from the right. The first 2-3 shots were on call, then they started going about 2 MOA left of call. I recognized some tension in my middle back and shoulder blades caused from pulling left. I adjusted my NPoA left a smidge and used a cartridge rim to give it a click right. *pop* 10-ring!
Attachment Attached File

Sitting was bipolar. Some shot wobbles stayed in the 10, some went high 9 to low 8. During the mag change, I saw my dad taking a photo. I'm not really camera shy anymore, but being on the far right side of the range, I didn't expect that and the WTF kinda hung in my head. Shortening the sling 2 thumb widths from Prone still has a positive effect.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I still have difficulty finding the correct height in the shoulder for Prone, exacerbated by lack of practice. The first two shots were a low 10 and 3:00 9. I didn't perceive it initially, but I noticed my NPoA was a smidge low. I think I tried to let out a little more breath to raise it.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I gave it a click up. The first shot was the 1:30 7. Did not call it. Number two went 12:00 10. I took that click back. I bared down on the sight picture, though I'm unsure if I'm focusing more on the target or dot, but I could kinda feel the little bit of movement I couldn't see. I could feel some side to side wobble. I tended to bleed right, so I gave it a click left and promptly shot the 8:00 7 and took that click out. Being more careful with the sight picture put the final shots in the left half of 10-ring.
Attachment Attached File

The 2nd string fared better. I think the light brightened a little, and saw I held off ~0.5 MOA at 10:30. The low shots were on call. The elevation knob doesn't really click so I wonder if it's possible for it to track between marks, allowing 0.5 MOA adjustments.
Attachment Attached File

Summary
Attachment Attached File

Scoreboard. The 4x scoped bolt gunner chased me down. Not bad for having a hip replaced a couple months ago.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 2:28:40 PM EDT
[#22]
The front post was turned down for an approximate 400yd zero. About an 8 MOA offset to give the dot more room.

I wanted to use proper irons alignment, but there was temptation to center the dot in the aperture.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 9:56:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#23]
Being a club official, I have to provide the fig leaf of following Texas guidelines against the Chinese Virus. The good thing is I think we found a better match flow.

We have space for ten SR-1 targets with one hospital target on each end for a total of 12. Traditionally, the 50 shot match flowed as follows, with scoring and repairing following each line:

-1st relay sighters
-1st relay Standing
-1st relay Sitting Rapid
-2nd relay sighters
-2nd relay Standing
-2nd relay Sitting Rapid
-2nd relay Prone Rapid
-1st relay Prone Rapid
-1st relay Prone Slow (two strings of 10 shots, with score+repair between)
-2nd relay Prone Slow (same)

To increase personal space, half the line is used per relay. If we get more than two relays, we'll switch to the President's course. Now we run each relay through the whole match with two SR-1 backing paper per shooter.
-1st relay sighters, repair
-1st relay Standing on target #1 and Sitting on target #2, score and repair
-1st relay Prone Rapid on #1 and Prone Slow on #2 (we used one MR-31 repair center and had the issue of a couple shooters piling holes, so I think next we'll stack two MR-31s to make 3 Prone targets)
-Repeat for 2nd relay.

About 1.5 hours per relay. With the little bit less walking, about 30-45 minutes has been shaved off the match finish time; 9:00 - 12:00 vs 12:30. As a shooter, it felt like more shooting per time.

The weather has been rather stable, and the range is a 3-sided bowl, so there isn't much advantage given to any relay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't gotten to shoot as much, and what has been shot wasn't my carbine. Instead, I'll show what a junior has been working on. His carbine is a S&W M&P15 Sport II with an RRA trigger and Nikon 3x32. In March, he shot a personal best of about 455-460. April and May were a break as the club sanctioned activities ceased, then he came back in June when the club officially held the match again.

In the mean time, he got a new coat and BAD lever. Combined with some of my positional notes being applied, the score went down a bit as I expected. The weird part was a 3 minute shift to 1:30 in Sitting and Prone, which I reckon is sling tension finally showing up. He didn't trust clicking and held off to good effect. I explained to him that he's worthy of clicking and how to reset the turrets to 0 so he has a home base to go from.

Attachment Attached File

He came again in July with some practice under his belt.

Standing, 87/100
First time getting the mean radius smaller than the bull's. Still a couple Whoops, but the whoops are closer than before.
Attachment Attached File

Sitting Rapid, 92/100
A little loose, but likely within normal variation. I'm not sure if there's a hint of the shift.
Attachment Attached File

Prone Rapid, 87/100
There it is.
Attachment Attached File

Prone Slow, 140/200
About average group size. It'd be a decent score when centered.
Attachment Attached File

I think he was using Hornady 55gr FMJ (maybe SP) which is a good bullet, but they were seated to the cannelure with no crimp. He's been using my charge of 25gr H4895 so no doubt there. I suggested seating to 2.250". Probably enhance the mechanical precision and make the rounds look less weird.

It sounded like when he practiced at his home range, the groups were centered. My range faces east, his faces west. I dunno if it's a visual difference or positional difference. The match at his range tomorrow was canceled, and next month's likely will too because August is hot, so it'll be a while til we get more conclusive data. Til then, I instructed him to go 1.5 MOA down and left after Standing when he comes back to my range.

I need to test fit a cheapo FF quadrail that's been sitting in the parts bag.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 7:09:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jiva] [#24]
Small update coming.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2020 12:32:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Unless someone wants to borrow it this Saturday, I think I'm gonna shoot Offhand, Kneeling, and eschew the rules with monopod Prone. The 30 rounders haven't gotten any love lately.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 12:05:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#26]
I'm slowly getting used to Davinci Resolve 16. Windows Movie Maker didn't have good enough tools, DR16 is too good.

Making Positions More Practical | Aug 2020 HP Rifle Match

Timestamps:
1:10 - Offhand Slow Fire
8:30 - Kneeling Rapid Fire
10:17 - "200yd" results
11:41 - Prone Rapid Fire
14:40 - Prone Slow Fire
26:18 - "300yd" and "600yd" results

ETA:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/4/2021 5:29:09 PM EDT
[#27]
New scope shakedown: Trijicon Accupoint TR24G 1-4x24
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#28]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpT-eCJLczA
View Quote

Very nice!
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 11:08:16 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd be happy with that. Well done.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 6:27:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Anyone happen to have a spare UTG MTU006 quad rail and Midwest Ind. 30mm x 2.8" QD mount?
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 2:45:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#31]
Got an MK Machining throw lever. After 11 weeks and no word from MI, I went ADM for a quick detach mount. Now I'll be able to zero my BUIS and check return-to-zero. Quite a neat package with the UTG sight.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/26/2021 12:50:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#32]
Anyone wanna see a CL bore with 3400 rounds, 390 before clean, and after a clean?
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 4:07:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#34]
Attachment Attached File

Seems to be the beginning of carbon ring. Most of my brass is trimmed to 1.745". I may try to grow them to 760.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/26/2021 4:27:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Nez Rongero in Austin has a reamer to scrape out the carbon ring without taking steel off your leade.  You can reach him on nationalmatch.us
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 1:15:42 AM EDT
[#36]
It looks okay for it's age, so how does it shoot?
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 10:12:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#37]
Glowie M4gery | May 2021 High Power Rifle Match

Good enough.

If I shoot the July match there'll be bolt action with a Garand.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#38]
I guess these days, if we need work and have it we don't complain... glad you had a chance to shoot and the energy to pull it off.

When you shot that string with the scope caps on, I wondered if the back one was a centering disc or something but then you pulled them off and I could tell you didn't do it on purpose.

Considering you shot with no jacket, and were probably dog tired, you shot very well.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 4:53:43 AM EDT
[#39]
I left the caps on for Sitting because the threat of sprinkling and I have the habit of trying to blow drops off the ocular, which usually fogs it and I'd then ditch the caps. Would've been a big brain move if that happened.

I called the string good. Usually if there's a trigger or position induced shift, it's within 1.5 MOA.

I have a blizzard cap on the Nikon's objective. I thought I tried it flipped up and didn't notice a shift, but maybe I didn't try it. Or maybe the ocular side would have an effect.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 3:26:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#40]
Here's Glowie with the new ADM ReconX mount and MKM mag ring lever. I wish ADM had a model with cantilever between the Recon and ReconX. I've since extended the stock one notch to A1 length to experiment with the WWSD notion of stock length, lengthened the sling all the way for carry/retention until 600yds when I would shorten it to use as support, and switched out the chrome AR15 bolt carrier for a 0.5oz heavier nitrided M16 carrier.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I got a zero in July. Afterwards, I found the levers weren't as snug as I'd prefer, but of course a 1/6th turn tighter is a little more snug than preferred, but I think it's still barely manageable as a QD. I reckoned the zero then changed. The next time I got to shoot was a load test for a friend: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Range-Report-5-56-62gr-Gold-Dot-CFE223-Others-data-welcome-/42-527201/ and got a half ass zero.

I went to a CMP 80rd match in OKC yesterday. I don't have but a box of 75gr BTHP, and a 3 boxes worth of 73gr ELD which I haven't worked with in a couple years or proven at distance. I have several boxes of Hornady 55gr FMJ, but the catch is the Shotmarker electronic targets which need an arrival speed faster than sound (seems 150fps over is the comfortable minimum, mine were likely only 100 over at 600yds), and a range rule of
A note on ammunition: If you plan on competing with an AR15, the military 55-grain bullet is not authorized in the 600-yard stage. It isn't accurate at all and is just plain dangerous to the folks in the pit.
View Quote
Of course HP shooters tend to be myopic and believe all FMJs are inaccurate, so "you caint choot anyting less tan 68 grayns".

I had a brain fart in ammo count. It's been a while since I shot an 80 round match, with sighters, and with extra ammo for the inevitable in case of e-target misbehaviors. I was gonna use the 55s to 300yds, then switch to the 73s, but I loaded enough 55s for 200yds and the 73s for 300 and 600.

The club loaned me a preset tablet. Is there any Shotmarker site where I can find the data plots, or is it all locally stored/deleted? If so, as I hate taking photos of screens, I have no visual data to provide. I've been a long skeptic of e-targets - the Kongsberg couldn't handle 20mph winds, and Petrarca wasn't open a couple years ago - but I went in with focus on my holds and zeros.

Attachment Attached File

Well my first firing point only read 1/5 shots before I was moved to another. A couple other firing points were getting weird signals and extra impacts. My new point seemed to be alright. I thought about using 2 power, but forgot and stuck with 1 power. My Offhand group started around 10:00 edge of black. The windage aspect wasn't unexpected, so I fiddled with the elevation knob some and pointed the triangle at 2:00 edge of black and began banging the middle with a flub out to the 6-ring. 176/200-3x.
The ground was still a little soft from recent rain, so when my heels dug in, open leg Sitting was quite stable. I aimed for 12:00 inside 10-ring. NPoA was a little left. 185/200. I recall the arrival speed as 2285fps.

300yds Prone Rapid went okay. I turned to 4x and was figuring my hold, which the calculators say should have been center mass with the bottom of the triangle, but I ended up using a Wankel hold (triangle inside the bull). 176/200-2x. Arrival speed of 2100fps.

Attachment Attached File

For 600yds Prone Slow, the weather apps were predicting 10-15mph wind from the SW, but the most I saw was 3-5mph 2/3 value and the most dope I heard reported was 0.5-0.75 minute. Booooo. I dialed up 15 minutes and my first sighter hit the bottom of the board at 5:30. Another 5 minutes up and the second sighter was an 8 at 12:30. 2 minutes down. I pretended to look at the flags and feel the slight breeze on my skin to wait or hold off a smidge, but I was pretty much just fighting the BCM grip to break the trigger in the center. I'm too accustomed to the A2 grip, lol. I should have shortened the sling some to match the shorter stock length, but was stubborn. I could tell the area between my left bicep and shoulder was pulling up or left, and most of my shots were in the west half with some lost high and low, but within a 10-ring wide area. The good shots stacked 8:00 in the 10-ring. The worst shots were read as a 6 at 10:00, and three misses at 7:30, 5:30, and 5:00, but I didn't call them outside of the black. 148/200. Arrival speed of 1600fps.

Aggregate: 685/800-5x.

My elevation dial read 18.25 minutes. The calculators and prior dope with 75gr AMAX say the 73gr ELDs should have needed near 15 MOA above 100yd zero. Even accounting for the base 100yd zero differences between bullets, there was at least 2 MOA of error. The TR24 seems to track true enough, so I think my starting zero was just .

Pops and patriots.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/23/2021 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Is there any Shotmarker site where I can find the data plots, or is it all locally stored/deleted?
View Quote

The ShotMarker data is stored on the wireless hub.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

The ShotMarker data is stored on the wireless hub.
View Quote

So local then. 2.3hrs away. I wonder if I can call in a favor.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#43]
The Match Director can email you a CSV file after the fact with little effort, so it will be a small favor...

Just remember to ask them if they would also screenshot your targets since it sounds like you don't own a system.

When you are still at the match and within WiFi range of the access point, you will be able to download and save that file yourself.

It contains everyone's strings in the form of a CSV file so you will look for whatever the MD used to identify each shooter and stage.

It sounds more complicated than it is, so as long as you are used to Excel or spreadsheet programs and personal computing, you won't have any trouble.

The only downside with the CSV file is you only get a spreadsheet with numerical data that doesn't include a target image.

Unless you screenshot, you have to have a target system running to generate an image.

It is easy to screen shot with your smart phone or tablet when you finish a string, but easy to forget.

Some MDs are jumpy and start filing your string very soon after you are done and the target resets without giving you a moment to screenshot the image.

In that case, when you have time while still at the range, you can still bring the target image back up and screenshot the image and download the CSV file at the end of the match.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Some MDs are jumpy and start filing your string very soon after you are done and the target resets without giving you a moment to screenshot the image.
View Quote

That annoys the hell out of me.  I don't keep a data book when on a ShotMarker, so now I get my screen shots as soon as I'm done shooting and then I take my rifle off the line.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 9:31:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#45]
I found the amount of barrel shadow from the WML to be unacceptable. I have a BCM QRF12 on hand, but am not sure how I want to install it.

1. Cut and drill the rail to fit the FSB.
2. Replace FSB with a lopro and rail mount a front BUIS.
3. Chop the FSB and rail mount a front BUIS.

I really like the old Daniel Defense aesthetic of a rail cutout, but I tend to follow the rule of "modify the least expensive part first".

While miniscule in the role of BUIS, I would like to know how much rail flex could affect Zero of a mounted front sight. Has anyone tried this with sling/bipod tension, or have a link to such a test?

ETA: it's a heckuva thermal fit on the barrel nut. Makes me feel a little better about the lower pro options.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#46]
The parallel line between the receiver rail and ejection port is just a little tall, cocking the index tab CCW a smidge, so I'll have to heat the QRF up to pull it off sometime.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:18:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#47]
Sighters were 3-4 MOA low. Not too bad for changing barrel nuts, torquing about an extra 20 ft/lbs, and chopping a little weight off.

Offhand, 91/100-1x (winner, woo!)
Blading 45* clockwise with left foot forward seems to have negated most of the zero shift I had before, but I still gave it a minute or two right to make the impacts match my call. The Hiperfire EDT SS trigger is nice for milspec-ish pull and fast lock time.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Sitting, 88/100
Open legged is a rear-heavy position (har har), lifting the rifle up.
Attachment Attached File

Prone Rapid, 85/100-1x
I tried a C-clamp type hold like offhand, with a similar lift. I should've cupped underneath like usual.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Prone Slow, 97/100-1x and 95/100
Slung up with Magpul RLS (nylon web and M1907 hybrid ought to be SR legal). The first shots of each string were 7:00 off call. I went 0.25 MOA up before the 2nd string, but did a dumb by lengthening the sling. I still have the training scar of a low position with the stock tucked under the collarbone. It would feel good, but I'd have to lengthen the stock, but I want to practice with it fixed at A1 length, so I ended up tucking in my firing arm and squaring up a smidge.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Summary: 456/500-3x
Attachment Attached File

Load data:

Hornady 55gr FMJ, moly'd
25gr IMR 4064
FC case
CCI 450 and 41
COAL of 2.250"
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Nice shooting!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 9:21:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JLS81] [#49]
HRB, FWIW convert on over to the Vltor kit. Little spendy but damn well engineered collapsible system. You'll be happy camper with consistent cheek weld. FYI: like your carbine set up and as always good shooting!!

AR-15 IMOD STOCK COLLAPSIBLE MIL-SPEC | AR-15/M16 MIL-SPEC BUFFER TUBE | AR-15/M16 A5 SPRING KIT
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#50]
I think I'm gonna use the BUIS next week. The prior 0.050" post was swapped into the front. A smidge of white hold at 100yds should be a POA-POI 300yd zero, but the 0.070" aperture might shrink the depth of field enough to impede that idea.

Any predictions of sling tension induced shift?
Page / 3
Top Top