Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:25:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:27:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:19:10 AM EDT
[#3]
@Kitties-with-Sigs sorry for the stress i am about to put on your analysis paralysis.

todays home depot specials include a bunch of portable air conditioners.

https://www.homedepot.com/SpecialBuy/SpecialBuyOfTheDay

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:34:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Used a haier 8k window unit. Bought 2 from Home Depot years ago. The one we set up was for the master bedroom that was about 15 x 20 worked well. Being in Las Vegas we didn’t have much humidity and the unit kept the room at about 80 in the summer. Also I think we paid 400 bucks for each one
Ymmv
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 6:36:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've got a 12K Midea sitting in my amazon shopping cart.

They're rated well.

I'll probably buy it next month or maybe June when I not spending money on frivolous stuff like furniture and guns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was really looking at the u-shaped window units, I liked the idea since they allow the window to be almost down.  Has anyone tried them?

I've got a 12K Midea sitting in my amazon shopping cart.

They're rated well.

I'll probably buy it next month or maybe June when I not spending money on frivolous stuff like furniture and guns.

I bought this and installed it a couple weeks ago.  It's the only AC I have in a 1400 sq foot house.  Got it from Home Depot.

Sucks the humidity out within an hour and very slowly drops the temp.  If I turn it on before it gets warm inside, it will keep the house around 70 when it is in the 80s outside.  

It is very quiet for a window shaker.
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 1:46:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I got this one, my room when I was a single guy with roommates was above the garage. Facing West. In Las Vegas. Thankfully my room had the attic access so I made a foam cutout so I could vent the hot air up there. It was a life saver. Considered selling/tossing when we moved. Glad I didn't as the a/c went out for a few days and this worked wonders. Kept the room at a comfy 67deg all night.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-400-4-sq-ft-portable-air-conditioner-graphite-gray/5890349.p?skuId=5890349

Shows not available but I'm sure LG has a newer model.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 2:39:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top