Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2015 11:31:26 PM EDT
After the positive feedback I received in my previous thread, I think I'm going to take the plunge on a M203.  I just had a quick question on the transfer, which will dictate which FFL I use.  I plan to buy the title 1 receiver, and then the barrel after I form 1 it.  When my FFL receives the M203 receiver, how will they classify it?  Is it a pistol....rifle?  I assume it's not listed as a DD yet, correct?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:41:12 PM EDT
[#1]
A title 1 M203 receiver is neither a rifle or a pistol, it is an "other" just like a stripped AR lower.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:05:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I did the same thing when I gt mine as well.  Mine is a LMT and I got it from Randy Shivak and he engraved it for me before he shipped it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 4:14:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I appreciate the reply guys.  I just bought a rail mounted version from Clyde's.  Can't wait to take delivery and get the Form 1 started.  Clyde's said they have the barrels on order but hopefully they get them in soon after my form 1 is approved.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 4:19:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks, I appreciate the reply guys. I just bought a rail mounted version from Clyde's. Can't wait to take delivery and get the Form 1 started. Clyde's said they have the barrels on order but hopefully they get them in soon after my form 1 is approved.
View Quote

Once you have your Form 1 approved, you can send a copy of it to LMT and order a barrel from them directly if you so desire.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I wasn't aware they would sell direct.  I will definitely get in touch with LMT then...thanks!
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I just received my M203 receiver, and am getting ready to submit the form 1.  I'm hung up on the model ID though...so many choices populated in the drop down.

I wanna say it's M2032003, even though it's engraved as M-2032003 on the receiver.  Or is it simply M203?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:59:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I just received my M203 receiver, and am getting ready to submit the form 1. I'm hung up on the model ID though...so many choices populated in the drop down.

I wanna say it's M2032003, even though it's engraved as M-2032003 on the receiver. Or is it simply M203? Thanks!
View Quote

M2032003.

ETA A rail mounted one after all huh?  Make sure you get a rail rated to handle it!

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:26:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks!  Will submit it tonight.

Yeah, I ended up going with the rail mount.  I bought it from Clyde's and that is all they had in stock at the time.  I was going back and forth between the two, and bought on an impulse.

I think I'm going to build a 10.5" AR to mount this on.  Will make sure I have the proper rail.  Can't wait!
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:07:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Once you have your Form 1 approved, you can send a copy of it to LMT and order a barrel from them directly if you so desire.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks, I appreciate the reply guys. I just bought a rail mounted version from Clyde's. Can't wait to take delivery and get the Form 1 started. Clyde's said they have the barrels on order but hopefully they get them in soon after my form 1 is approved.

How much does the barrel cost? A complete M293 brand new from LMT is $1800 and a Title 1 receiver from Clyde is $1700. If the barrel is pretty close to $100 or a bit more, then I'll definitely do it so that I can Form 1 and get approved faster.

If the barrel is super expensive I'll just wait on a Form 3 and buy it all at once, even if it takes longer.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 12:38:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How much does the barrel cost? A complete M293 brand new from LMT is $1800 and a Title 1 receiver from Clyde is $1700. If the barrel is pretty close to $100 or a bit more, then I'll definitely do it so that I can Form 1 and get approved faster.

If the barrel is super expensive I'll just wait on a Form 3 and buy it all at once, even if it takes longer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that what the prices are for them now? On their website, it says the barreled M203 is $1700, and the title 1 receiver only is $1300, although it says they are both out of stock.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Is that what the prices are for them now? On their website, it says the barreled M203 is $1700, and the title 1 receiver only is $1300, although it says they are both out of stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From a cost perspective, you are far better off buying the complete unit. You will end up getting to $2000 or more buying the individual parts piece meal.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

From a cost perspective, you are far better off buying the complete unit. You will end up getting to $2000 or more buying the individual parts piece meal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a Shivak M203 already and a couple of barrels which is mounted on an M4 clone. If receivers only are $1300, I'm tempted to get one of the LMT's to put on an A2 build. I have a 37mm barrel which I could throw on there as a placeholder until the Form 1 would come back. But if the receiver only is $1700, then it would be better off getting the complete unit, although you'd incur the wait of a double transfer, which, if this ATF 41p CLEO requirement goes through, may happen before the 2nd transfer which would blow the deal for me.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:38:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Just to clear up any confusion, the rail mounted receiver from Clyde's is $1700, the barrel mounted receiver is $1300.  I think the barrel is around $300, but not sure.  It definitely is cheaper to buy as a complete unit, but I think it's easier going the Form 1 route, at least in my area.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:15:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Ya I paid 1200 for mine, title 1 LMT receiver.  

Had a colt but didn't like it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 12:04:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:16:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Sent off form 4 the other day on a LMT L2D. I guess I'll have it around my birthday in July.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Well just a quick update.  Form 1 was approved a couple weeks ago so I ordered the 9" barrel direct from LMT and it arrived yesterday.  Total for the barrel was $360, so complete rail mounted M203 ended up being $2060 + $200 stamp.  Expensive novelty for sure, but no regrets.  Looks like nothing else when mounted on an AR!  I'll try and snap some pics tonight.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This depends entirely on if you have a reasonably priced local dealer to handle the transfer. All the dealers in this area start with a $200 fee, and the only ones who say they'd do a DD transfer want $300 or more for their time.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Any sources for 37mm 203 barrels still?
View Quote

^^^^ What he said. Does anyone have a M203  37mm barrel for sale
Top Top