BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Buying ammo in PA (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:49:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Just bought some ammo and a rifle from my guy in PA  today with no problems.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 11:43:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Purely for educational purposes, I went to see what would happen if someone from PRNY went to buy certain items in PA. Hypothetically speaking, a big box store would ask you for a date of birth and nothing else, the same as buying a can of spray paint in PRNY. Then I wondered about a dedicated gun and ammo store? The only thing they ask is, "do you want a box for all that?"
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 12:04:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: garr] [#4]
Yep, you can purchase all the ammo you want in PA with no issues.

Now, Today, watching a FUDD's reaction to having to get a background check, requiring their Driver's License & Social Security Number to purchase one box of 3030 to sight in/Hunt with his old Winchester 94 was PRICELESS.😁

Same FUDD told me all us Semi Auto rifle owners are crazy for owning weapons of war, that the SAFE act was a good idea & the govt. would never try to confiscate our rifles!
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 10:17:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By garr:

Now, Today, watching a FUDD's reaction to having to get a background check, requiring their Driver's License & Social Security Number to purchase one box of 3030 to sight in/Hunt with his old Winchester 94 was PRICELESS.😁

Same FUDD told me all us Semi Auto rifle owners are crazy for owning weapons of war, that the SAFE act was a good idea & the govt. would never try to confiscate our rifles!
View Quote

It would have been even more priceless if the fudd SOB had a couple day delay and tomorrow was opening day.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 2:37:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By gman556:

It would have been even more priceless if the fudd SOB had a couple day delay and tomorrow was opening day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I hope many hunting trips are spoiled and asshole Fudds go hungry. Fuck them, they reap what they sow.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

I hope many hunting trips are spoiled and asshole Fudds go hungry. Fuck them, they reap what they sow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Had a new hampshire gun shop owner tell me ny laws dont apply here
Had an employee at a maine shop ask if I was a u.s. citizen
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By CNYtrucker:
Had a new hampshire gun shop owner tell me ny laws dont apply here
Had an employee at a maine shop ask if I was a u.s. citizen
View Quote

Well in all fairness, Maine IS over-run with Liberals and Democrats, all of which are NOT "raicest" at least to outside their circle of friends.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's the thing lots of Folks get hung up on, and some Clerks aren't smart enough to use common sense: Under Federal Law (that which the Dealer observes) Persons under 21 have to be asked what the ammunition is going in if it's for a typical handgun caliber. Places like WM have the question and their requirements built into the Register, so when they scan a box of 9mm it's going to pop up; some know the deal, others are ignorant, or whatever reason they do or don't offer...they think they're following the Law and not getting fired....Some places demand to scan a DL/ID before the register will let them proceed, really it's not the cashiers fault, they're probably pretty certain you're over 21, but the system stops them from completing the sale, and in the end, it's really the sellers prerogative (see Cabela's and others giving the stink-eye to New Yorker's) as to who and how they sell as well as yours to shop there or not.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2024 8:58:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By fp1201:
Here's the thing lots of Folks get hung up on, and some Clerks aren't smart enough to use common sense: Under Federal Law (that which the Dealer observes) Persons under 21 have to be asked what the ammunition is going in if it's for a typical handgun caliber. Places like WM have the question and their requirements built into the Register, so when they scan a box of 9mm it's going to pop up; some know the deal, others are ignorant, or whatever reason they do or don't offer...they think they're following the Law and not getting fired....Some places demand to scan a DL/ID before the register will let them proceed, really it's not the cashiers fault, they're probably pretty certain you're over 21, but the system stops them from completing the sale, and in the end, it's really the sellers prerogative (see Cabela's and others giving the stink-eye to New Yorker's) as to who and how they sell as well as yours to shop there or not.  
View Quote
When they "scan" your license, does it just scan or also record?

Cabela's won't sell bb guns to residents of NYS or NJ, at least in store.
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 7:41:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I suppose it varies from user to user whether they retain that information, but I wouldn't bet against it...those "Valued Shopper" cards you scan or enter your phone number to get a discount/sale price; yea every fucking shred of Data on you IS collected and Sold/exploited, and a shit-hole like Walmart you can damn well bet they have a file that's updated every time they scan your mark.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Buying ammo in PA (Page 2 of 2)
Top Top