Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2012 5:48:44 AM EDT

This cell phone has a sucky camera

Breakfast is 4 eggs, 3ish oz of crumbled ground beef, 1/4 cup shredded cheese all together as an egg scramble, sliced tomato, and whey protein shake.

Link Posted: 5/8/2012 5:54:22 AM EDT
[#1]
gun fail...

I see a decided lack of Glock...

Link Posted: 5/8/2012 5:57:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I keep the hand grenades in the other room
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 5:59:00 AM EDT
[#3]
breakfast fail: no bacon
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 5:46:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Egg Muffins

Link Posted: 5/9/2012 6:10:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 7:08:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 7:19:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Technically, the only thing that makes them muffins is that they are cooked in a muffin pan.

They are paleo/primal.  I killed the hog for the bacon with my bow and arrow.  

ETA:  It shouldn't matter with all that high carb milk you're drinking.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 7:22:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Looks damn tasty.  Recipe?

Link Posted: 5/9/2012 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#10]
surely...

7 eggs
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of Half and Half ( I just eyeball it), milk would work here as well.  I had half and half available this morning.
Pepper to taste
Cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
Crushed Red Pepper to taste (optional)
roughly 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese
6 pieces of bacon
roughly 1/2 cup of fresh, washed spinach

You can add almost anything you want, ham, tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, etc...  These I made had bacon, ham and spinach in them.  Sometimes I throw in whatever was left over from dinner the prior night, shredded pork, chicken, etc.

Mix everything like a scrambled egg, including the cheese.  Hold bacon or other solid ingredients.

Grease a muffin pan. I used butter to grease the cups.  Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.  Shred and add bacon or other solid ingredients to each cup.

Set oven to 350 degrees and bake for 18-22 minutes.  Total prep time is about 5-10 minutes if your bacon is already cooked.

General Notes:  You don't have to make them like muffins.  It's really a quiche minus the pastry crust.  You could put them in pyrex and bake the same way.  I make them like this because my daughter will eat them as muffins but not a square cut from a pyrex dish.    In fact it's probably better to make them in a pyrex dish because no matter how well greased my muffin pan happens to be, I always get some burned on the muffin pan and muffin pans are a pain in the ass to clean.

Also, I used 7 eggs because I had 7 left this morning and didn't want to have one egg just sitting in my fridge.  Usually I use 6 eggs.  Usually 1 egg is good for one muffin, depending on how much junk you put in your cups.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

surely...

7 eggs

1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of Half and Half ( I just eyeball it), milk would work here as well.  I had half and half available this morning.

Pepper to taste

Cayenne pepper to taste (optional)

Crushed Red Pepper to taste (optional)

roughly 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese

6 pieces of bacon

roughly 1/2 cup of fresh, washed spinach

You can add almost anything you want, ham, tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, etc...  These I made had bacon, ham and spinach in them.  Sometimes I throw in whatever was left over from dinner the prior night, shredded pork, chicken, etc.

Mix everything like a scrambled egg, including the cheese.  Hold bacon or other solid ingredients.

Grease a muffin pan. I used butter to grease the cups.  Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.  Shred and add bacon or other solid ingredients to each cup.

Set oven to 350 degrees and bake for 18-22 minutes.  Total prep time is about 5-10 minutes if your bacon is already cooked.

General Notes:  You don't have to make them like muffins.  It's really a quiche minus the pastry crust.  You could put them in pyrex and bake the same way.  I make them like this because my daughter will eat them as muffins but not a square cut from a pyrex dish.    In fact it's probably better to make them in a pyrex dish because no matter how well greased my muffin pan happens to be, I always get some burned on the muffin pan and muffin pans are a pain in the ass to clean.

Also, I used 7 eggs because I had 7 left this morning and didn't want to have one egg just sitting in my fridge.  Usually I use 6 eggs.  Usually 1 egg is good for one muffin, depending on how much junk you put in your cups.

Brilliant.  Much appreciated.  Going to try it tomorrow morning after the gym.  

Top Top