Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 3/18/2024 6:31:52 AM EDT
The lady has a set shot, no bout adout it. Caitlin I wish you continued success but the WNBA sucks and there's nothing you or anybody else can do about it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gunner226:
Issues like this one are why we can be certain we don't have a free market. The feelings and desires of the consumers and organic demand are NOT what is being used to drive product development and pricing. Makes me wonder if we truly know anything about what Americans really wants or thinks, about anything.
View Quote

Kind of like Taylor Swift.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:56:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By pdm:

The patriarchal control over sports needs to STOP!  Caitlin, and all the other WNBA players, have grrrlllll power and should be playing the NBA!  Same for the NFL, boxing, MMA, Soccer and so on….one league for everyone. Go Girls!

Show those evil patriarchs what you can do!
View Quote

PLEEEEEEAZE DO IT.  I start watching football again just to see girls get tackled
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DrDover:

Let's see her play against a boys high school team to show the reality of the situation. You can pump up the beating Pete M. narrative all you want but in the grand scheme of basketball history it is not a huge deal. She would barely make a high school boys team. The end of women's sports is near with the advent of the shenis and the stated fact that men can get pregnant .
View Quote

Curious, beating  Pistol Pete's record, were all things equal?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:

Why are you comparing apples and oranges?

What is this obsession with comparing women's sports to mens?

No is making this comparison unless they're an idiot.

A top women's tennis player likely couldn't beat a 500th seeded men's player.

Again, if you know of this imaginary "men's vs women's" sports league, please, let's hear it.

She's inspiring for a lot of youth. A good role model.

I can't for the life of me figure out why so many of you want to shit on her or downplay her talents.

It's not like she's going around on social media claiming to beat Jordan in his prime. She's just playing the game and having fun.

Usually this is when people lose the argument and the "cucks" "white knight" personal attacks start flowing.

Got my Bingo card out waiting for those.
View Quote

The obsession is we're  constantly being told women are equal to men in atletics.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:05:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope.  Good for her.  I like when good players play well and get the attention.  If that helps the WNBA, then great.  

She backs her shit up on the court.  As far as I know, she's not an outlandish, loud-mouth braggart.  If she develops into a role model for younger girls, then good.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:08:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
This issue I have with women's hoops (and their stats) is that there is no parity. AT ALL. The top 8-10 teams are so much better than everybody else it's not even funny. There are virtually no upsets and the #1 teams always make it to the final four and blow everyone else out along the way. Same thing during the regular season. With no competition, the top teams go almost undefeated which greatly inflates the caoches' winning stats. Similarly, the players also go against teams that are no competition and allows them to greatly inflate individual stats.

So don't tell me that UConn's coach eclipsing Mike Krzyzewski's win total means that much or that Caitlyn Clark upping Pete Maravich's record is important.

View Quote

I always respect your opinions but have to disagree with you on this one.

How is this different from college football?

When was the last time Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Ohio State, Clemson, or any of the top 10 had major upsets?

With basketball it does happen due to the lengthy schedule but having dominant teams is the nature of the beast.

How many times do we need to see Georgia or Alabama beat some no-name team 56-3?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By zeekh:

The obsession is we're  constantly being told women are equal to men in atletics.
View Quote

We must be listening to/watching different media outlets.  If you're obsessed with it, it's your problem, not the lady that is providing excellence and being a role model in her field.  YOUR obsession is not the same as everyone else.  Why can't you just accept that men and women are different.  I know the tranny stuff is strong but most of us have the capability of sifting out BS.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
This issue I have with women's hoops (and their stats) is that there is no parity. AT ALL. The top 8-10 teams are so much better than everybody else it's not even funny. There are virtually no upsets and the #1 teams always make it to the final four and blow everyone else out along the way. Same thing during the regular season. With no competition, the top teams go almost undefeated which greatly inflates the caoches' winning stats. Similarly, the players also go against teams that are no competition and allows them to greatly inflate individual stats.

So don't tell me that UConn's coach eclipsing Mike Krzyzewski's win total means that much or that Caitlyn Clark upping Pete Maravich's record is important.

View Quote

So you would enjoy it if there was parity between the teams?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:21:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RealityCheck0311] [#9]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Why are you comparing apples and oranges?

What is this obsession with comparing women's sports to mens?

No is making this comparison unless they're an idiot.

A top women's tennis player likely couldn't beat a 500th seeded men's player.

Again, if you know of this imaginary "men's vs women's" sports league, please, let's hear it.

She's inspiring for a lot of youth. A good role model.

I can't for the life of me figure out why so many of you want to shit on her or downplay her talents.

It's not like she's going around on social media claiming to beat Jordan in his prime. She's just playing the game and having fun.

Usually this is when people lose the argument and the "cucks" "white knight" personal attacks start flowing.

Got my Bingo card out waiting for those.

No one is legitimately saying that. No one.

News channels and pundits might say that for clickbait purposes, but no one is legitimately saying that.

Most of the stupid fucks doing "athletic news" are just trying to find clickbait topics to create controversy.

From Stephen A Smith down the line.

Everyone knows that even Serena Williams at her prime would likely lose to a 300th ranked men's player.

But both sides know this.

Like when morons on the right say "The US women's national team got beat by middle school boys."

Again, it's all clickbait. They never mention the "middle school boys" is a nationally recognized top tier academy in Texas that pulls players from all over the world.

These are not your average middle schoolers, most of them would destroy just about everyone in GD when it comes to workout stats/performance.  

Even a 6 foot 170lb middle schooler is physically stronger than an adult female.

But again, none of that matters. News is all about clickbait bullshit.

No one is saying Caitlin Clark is going to school Pistol Pete.

She simply has the highest NCAA scoring record. If some dumbass like Stephen A Smith says Caitlin Clark could beat Pistol Pete, he's only saying that for ratings and controversy.

Half the people bitching in this thread don't even understand the topic:

"Who cares about the WNBA, no one watches it!"

Great dude! You're right. But Caitlin Clark doesn't play in the WNBA. She's a college senior. So bitch all you want about the WNBA but it doesn't matter in this convo regardless of the subject heading.

And when people want to argue with me, all they can say is white knight or "you must be a girl" rather than taking 4 seconds out of their day and trying to understand her impact.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:24:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By jagdkommando:

This.  She is an incredible person, teammate, and basketball player.  Undoubtedly the best female basketball player to ever play the game.
View Quote

She’s a great scorer (statistically, the best).  That’s an amazing accomplishment.

That’s not quite the same as the best basketball player.  There are a lot more complete players in the history of the women’s game.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Iowa (the college team that Caitlin Clark currently plays on) will be playing against Colorado in 3 hours.

Will try to find a link to the game.

Wish we all had VR headsets with smell-o-vision so I can taste your tears in real time.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Her shot is a lot like Curry's.  Be honest.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:32:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RealityCheck0311] [#13]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

She’s a great scorer (statistically, the best).  That’s an amazing accomplishment.

That’s not quite the same as the best basketball player.  There are a lot more complete players in the history of the women’s game.
View All Quotes

This.  She is an incredible person, teammate, and basketball player.  Undoubtedly the best female basketball player to ever play the game.

Exactly. She's good for the game though.

Women's basketball sucks.

The most depressing part of high school is dating a women's basketball player and having to sit through a game when the winning score is 48.

Caitlin Clark is making women's college basketball fun again.

She's playing sold out crowds, she has kids making signs supporting her and filling seats.

If someone can get kids off their fucking phones and physically playing basketball outside, she's already won.

She's not conceited, is a good teammate, and doesn't post stupid shit on social media.

Swear if she was a tranny with a swinging dick between her legs trying to play women's basketball, she would get 10X the posts here.

Even her dad tells her to stop bitching when he sees her complaining (and I will admit, opponents will constantly foul her hard).

How can you hate that?

Of all the shit you guys complain about it, this isn't all that bad.

Caitlin Clark's dad tells Clark to stop complaining

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:38:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CockySC99] [#14]
I never heard of her. Must be a hometown hero wherever OP lives? Biological man playing in a female league?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:42:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CockySC99:
I never heard of her. Must be a hometown hero wherever OP lives? Biological man playing in a female league?
View Quote

Yep hometown hero that's a local favorite.

If you google her name, it will only be local Iowa newspapers.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Well, he wasn't playing against girls.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

View All Quotes

She never had to shoot with a 6’7”+ person’s hand in her face.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
Nope.  No NCAA three-point rule in Maravich's time.

Not to mention the fact that Maravich played against men, not women.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I heard that in the entire history of the wnba, only 8 women had the ability to dunk, and did so rarely. So can Kaitlin dunk?

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Pistol Pete is 6'5"

Caitlin Clark is 6'

It's all relative.

Like trying to dismiss Pete Rose, Ty Cobb, or Hank Aaron because they never had to face modern day pitchers.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:51:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By W202fan90:

How many more games did it take her as compared to Pete?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By W202fan90:

Yeah dude.

A legit female basketball player that just passed the highest college basketball scoring record, both for MEN and women.

Recently she beat out Stephen Curry's college 3 point record.

It's a big deal but tired of people playing these "Well if Robocop had to fight Predator" like who gives a shit? Can't you enjoy things in their own respected worlds?

How many more games did it take her as compared to Pete?

Try to keep up.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Anyone-else-tired-of-hearing-about-Caitlin-Clark-and-the-WNBA-/5-2713808/?page=4#i108390964
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By GarandM1:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GarandM1:

And Maravich’s record was done in only 3 years because he wasn’t allowed to play varsity as a Freshman.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

So does NBA basketball
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#24]
JFC GD really does hate everything. She's an actual woman playing against other women and kicking ass. She seems to be pretty humble. She's dedicated to her sport. She's someone who doesn't deserve to be noticed for her abilities? I can think of worse things for the media to talk about. Sometimes it's nice to hear something positive with all the other bullshit going on in the world. I hate sports but I don't mind hearing about a girl being successful in a girl's sport.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:30:58 PM EDT
[#25]
If someone gave me WNBA tickets I would check which episodes of The Office were on that night, then take a dump and wipe my ass with them.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:31:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Vne:
I heard that in the entire history of the wnba, only 8 women had the ability to dunk, and did so rarely. So can Kaitlin dunk?

View Quote

Only worth two points. She gets 50% more points from her typical shooting spot.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Not guilty.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Boingo:
JFC GD really does hate everything. She's an actual woman playing against other women and kicking ass. She seems to be pretty humble. She's dedicated to her sport. She's someone who doesn't deserve to be noticed for her abilities? I can think of worse things for the media to talk about. Sometimes it's nice to hear something positive with all the other bullshit going on in the world. I hate sports but I don't mind hearing about a girl being successful in a girl's sport.
View Quote

She isn’t exactly humble, she does that John Cena bullshit to taunt her opponents.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By jb1001:
If someone gave me WNBA tickets I would check which episodes of The Office were on that night, then take a dump and wipe my ass with them.
View Quote

That comment would totally own this thread if we were talking about the WNBA.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:40:17 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes
If someone gave me WNBA tickets to any level of females playing basketball I would check which episodes of The Office were on that night, then take a dump and wipe my ass with them.

Better?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:40:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:

She isn’t exactly humble, she does that John Cena bullshit to taunt her opponents.
View All Quotes

C'mon.

For a college player dominating, she's low key.

It's like some of you guys want Benedict Monk University or else you'll be angry at the antics.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:43:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Better?
View All Quotes
If someone gave me WNBA tickets to any level of females playing basketball I would check which episodes of The Office were on that night, then take a dump and wipe my ass with them.

Better?

Don't temp me, I'll make you watch "Scott's Tots."  
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote
Lo fucking L no!
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#34]

C'mon.

It's like some of you guys want Benedict Monk University or else you'll be angry at the antics.

View All Quotes

C'mon.

It is low class.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
The same critics never have much to say about women's gymnastics or women's track or swimming.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#36]

She never had to shoot with a 6'7"+ person's hand in her face.
View All Quotes

She never had to shoot with a 6'7"+ person's hand in her face.
Lol
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:51:08 PM EDT
[#37]

She's a great scorer (statistically, the best).  That's an amazing accomplishment.

That's not quite the same as the best basketball player.  There are a lot more complete players in the history of the women's game.
View All Quotes

She's a great scorer (statistically, the best).  That's an amazing accomplishment.

That's not quite the same as the best basketball player.  There are a lot more complete players in the history of the women's game.
Absolutely true.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote
No 3 point circle during Pete's college career.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:51:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By APPARITION:

And Maravich’s record was done in only 3 years because he wasn’t allowed to play varsity as a Freshman.
View Quote

Also, there was no 3-point shot during Maravich's time!
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By nightstalker:
The same critics never have much to say about women's gymnastics or women's track or swimming.
View Quote

There are no professional men's equivalent where one can watch far superior performances?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

And isn't their ball smaller?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:58:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thesilvercord] [#44]

I want to see a rematch. Can’t stand Reece.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:15:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
https://media.tenor.com/aRKElBDAkkQAAAAM/unsrscandidate.gif

I want to see a rematch. Can’t stand Reece.
View Quote

Will likely happen soon due to the bracket.

I want to see their Super Karen coach lose.

If it was NES Karen's Punch Out, she would be the final boss.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Never heard of her honestly.

Had to Google pics and info. Left disappointed. Good for her I guess.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:20:12 PM EDT
[#48]
First quarter knocked out.

Caitlin Clark, 6 points, 6 assists.

Lead by 8

Will keep you all updated.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:41:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#50]
I hear she drove a car once - the horror.

She went to a Christian school(Dowling), is straight (is/was dating one of Franimals sons), was born a woman and has what seems to be a normal supportive family.

She begs for fouls to much and the you can’t see me bs, but she will likely beat 99% of the GD basement dwellers.

She is good for the sport and what GD wants so we must hate her. Though we may get to see her play men if takes the Big 3 offer.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top